Windows 10: WindowsApp folder issues

Discus and support WindowsApp folder issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My mate recently uninstalled Sea of Thieves from his PC. However, when looking at his files, he noticed that the WindowsApps folder was still taking up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RelishedChicken, Aug 15, 2020.

1. WindowsApp folder issues

My mate recently uninstalled Sea of Thieves from his PC. However, when looking at his files, he noticed that the WindowsApps folder was still taking up a massive portion of the disk (he found out through using WinDirStat). Somehow, even though Sea of Theives does not appear as an app or program, the old files are still there.

We have attempted the change ownership option, allowing us to access the WindowsApps folder, but from there inwards, everthing is still locked and undeleteable. I had this issue myself before, and to fix it, could change permissions on all child objects and folders, but this option is no longer there!

Would anyone have a solution for this? We both just spent an hour getting out of minimal safemode attempting to delete it, which was a pain!

submitted by /u/RelishedChicken
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RelishedChicken, Aug 15, 2020

2. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

I have been tearing what little hair I have left out of my head trying to copy a file from my desktop to the appropriate folder in the Kodi folder buried in the XBMC… folder in Windowsapps in a brand-new fairly high-end laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I cannot get beyond first what appears to be a UAC “Destination Folder Access Denied” error message saying “You’ll need to provide administrative permission to copy to this folder.” If I click on the UAC “continue” button I get another “Destination Folder Access Denied” error box saying “You need permission to perform this action.” The second error box has only “Try Again” and “Cancel” buttons. Nothing is listed under “More details” in either error box.

Here is most of what I have tried:

1. changing ownership of Windowsapps and all folders below it to my Microsoft account user and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    2. changing ownership to administrators group for Windowsapps and all folders below it and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    3. enabling the “hidden” administrator account, going back to my Microsoft user account and granting full-control rights to the administrator account, returning to the administrator account, taking control with that account, granting full control permission to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    4. creating a new administrator account and repeating 3;
    5. completely disabling UAC through the registry, once in the default administrator account and once in my Microsoft account user.
    6. adding and using the “Take Ownership” context option on a Windowsapps folder as described in the Tutorial at Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 ; and
    7. running the following commands in an administrator command window:

Code:
    as suggested at: Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders... - Windows 10 Forums
    In fact, even if I do an explicit copy from an administrator command window, I get an “access is denied” notice.

None of the many sources I have looked at online are of any help in dealing with this blockage. Please help — not only do I need to get full-control access to Windowsapps and its subfolders for this purpose, I also need to get full-control permission to Windowsapps folders in order to get rid of an annoying McAffee startup.exe which pops an error box on every boot up even though I removed McAffee in the normal way.

How can I get assured access to Windowsapps folders???

jedpaquette, Aug 15, 2020
  3. WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

WindowsApp folder issues

WindowsApps folder is empty

Hi,

WindowsApps folder is where files of all default and Store apps are stored. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you having issues with the Windows apps on your PC?
    • When was the last time you saw the contents of the the WindowsApps folder?
    • Were there any changes made prior to your concern?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

WindowsApp folder issues

1. WindowsApp folder issues - Similar Threads - WindowsApp folder issues

2. WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApp Folder: I cannot open the WindowsApps folder. I right click and select "Properties". I click on the "Security Tab". I click on "Advanced". Next to "Owner" it says "Unable to display current owner". I click "Change" next to this. I enter "administrator" and "Check Name". It updates. I...
  3. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  4. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, Quick question. I'd like to put one of my HDD's in a different computer however the folder WindowsApps is on that HDD and I cannot move the folder over to another HDD or delete that folder and was wondering how I would do so. Thank you for your time....
  5. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, I recently restored windows on my computer and I no longer have permissions to remove the 'WindowsApps' folder. When trying to remove the folder it references an old admin account I use to have before restoring. I changed the owner of the folder and provided myself...
  6. WindowsApps Issue

WindowsApps Issue: Having an issue where apps keep downloading and not uninstalling previous versions. Disney Magic Kingdoms, Facebook, and many more don't show in Apps & features. I can remove these manually in the file system for now, but how do I prevent this from reoccurring in the future?...
  7. WindowsApps folder

WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...
  8. WindowsApps Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps Issue: On a regular basis I get an error box that pops up that says: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp....... Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Any suggestions?...
  9. WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WindowsApps Folder Cleanup: Hi, I've noticed, thanks to SpaceSniffer, that the Windowsapps folder is huge (2,4 Gb). That sounds strange since I don't have that lot of apps running. I've gained access to the WApps folder taking ownership and there are a lot of old/unused/unknown folders referring to...
  10. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...: running out of ideas, just can't seem to gain full control of folders or files in the windowsapps folder, i can delete files and folders but i can't rename files or folders or edit file content... for example when i try to edit a file name i get: "you require permission...