Windows 10: WindowsApp folder taking too much space from HDD

Discus and support WindowsApp folder taking too much space from HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Soooooo , having this problem where i just can't delete de windowsapp folder , and the problem is , i have already changed the ownership from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by A_Display_Name_because_ye, Sep 28, 2019.

1. WindowsApp folder taking too much space from HDD

Soooooo , having this problem where i just can't delete de windowsapp folder , and the problem is , i have already changed the ownership from the folder and everytime i get a error message like : error in applying security informations [folder name] ... failed to number objects in container. The real problem is : that folder is taking 40gb from the HDD and thats somewhat bad , like thats a lot of space , hope you guys can help me out

Thanks for any help

:)

A_Display_Name_because_ye, Sep 28, 2019
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    WindowsApps folder is empty

Hi,

WindowsApps folder is where files of all default and Store apps are stored. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you having issues with the Windows apps on your PC?
    • When was the last time you saw the contents of the the WindowsApps folder?
    • Were there any changes made prior to your concern?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

WindowsApp folder taking too much space from HDD

WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I Suggest you to take ownership of the folder and attempt to delete the contents of the folder, I recommend you to try the below steps:

Step 1:

Follow the steps listed in
    Access Denied
    or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows.

Step 2:

Check for the article
    Disk cleanup
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking yes Or No.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

WindowsApp folder taking too much space from HDD

1. WindowsApp folder taking too much space from HDD - Similar Threads - WindowsApp folder taking

2. System32 takes too much space 300gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System32 takes too much space 300gb: Hello, how are you all, I found that a lof of people have same problem, but i didn't found any concrete steps to resolve the problem found that people have this problem with indexing, and hidden files.My situation is next:Here is the picture of system32 size:...
  3. System32 takes too much space 300gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System32 takes too much space 300gb: Hello, how are you all, I found that a lof of people have same problem, but i didn't found any concrete steps to resolve the problem found that people have this problem with indexing, and hidden files.My situation is next:Here is the picture of system32 size:...
  4. Mail App is taking too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App is taking too much space: Hi, My mail App looks like is taking too much space ....i tried many thinks but without result. when i am tabbing manage mail then mail app opens and nothing.....
  5. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  6. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  7. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows taking too much space, help??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows taking too much space, help??: like some moments ago, i reinstalled a game thats on my other drive because windows takes up too much space. i barely used the OS drive at all, as i have had this laptop for like a year now. before 2021, i had around 28 gigs. around 2021 i had 12 gigs, now i had 1 fucking...
  9. Edge taking too much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge taking too much space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ahvak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktogvy/edge_taking_too_much_space/
  10. My windows taking too much space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows taking too much space: why is my windows drive taking more than 50gb ? after every update i made sure to remove restore points still this keep getting bigger is fresh reinstall only solution ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. appxdeploymentserver thousands of files

2. files in windowsapps folder taking up too much space and cant delete

3. windowsapps folder taking space