Windows 10: Windowsapps access denied

Discus and support Windowsapps access denied in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello guys..I cannot gain access to WindowsApps folder on my secondary disk, even after giving myself permission in Windows 10..!!!!! 46834 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by razor009, Apr 9, 2016.

1. razor009 Win User

Windowsapps access denied

hello guys..I cannot gain access to WindowsApps folder on my secondary disk, even after giving myself permission in Windows 10..!!!!!

:)

razor009, Apr 9, 2016

2. Can't install Windows Store apps to SD card

The cache reset did not work. The storage was set to sd card. It appears that 3 folders are created on the SD card for the store, WindowsApps, WpSystem, and WUDownloadCache. What should the permissions be for these folders? I have access denied for WindowsApps.

Edit: Just for the record, I deleted the WpSystem and WUDownloadCache folders on the SD card and it allowed installation of Store app to the SD card. WindowsApps could not be deleted due to access denied.

Resourceful, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Mburdette Win User
    Microsoft Store - Windows 10

Also, it seems that I cannot open C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps, it denies me access.

Mburdette, Apr 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, protection is for a reason. It's really best not to fiddle too much with Win 10- it can be delicate and easily offended.

See
    Windows 10 permissions - Windows 10 Forums
    for an idea
    and feel free to do an advanced search and search for threads on (e.g.)
    apps folder permissions
    as I did.

Hope that helps..

dalchina, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Windowsapps access denied - Similar Threads - Windowsapps access denied

2. WindowsApps directory access denied?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WindowsApps directory access denied?: I found what I thought might be a suspicious background process and wanted to investigate it. Install directory was C:\Program Files\WindowsAppsWhen attempting to can access it gave me a "Permission Denied Error". I am the administrator of this system, I was re-installed by...
  3. WindowsApps directory access denied?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps directory access denied?: I found what I thought might be a suspicious background process and wanted to investigate it. Install directory was C:\Program Files\WindowsAppsWhen attempting to can access it gave me a "Permission Denied Error". I am the administrator of this system, I was re-installed by...
  4. WindowsApps directory access denied?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windowsapps folder permissions denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windowsapps folder permissions denied: I tried the method with security and change Owner but it doesnt work at all. I keeps saying "You have been denied permission to access this folder" I only want to change a game's path without downloading over 100 gb again...
  6. windowsapps folder permissions denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windowsapps folder permissions denied: I tried the method with security and change Owner but it doesnt work at all. I keeps saying "You have been denied permission to access this folder" I only want to change a game's path without downloading over 100 gb again...
  7. windowsapps folder permissions denied

8. Folder access denied windowsapps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder access denied windowsapps: I’m trying to add a file into a folder in my windowsapps folder however I just keep getting “Destination Folder Access Denied” I’m the admin I have ownership and full control submitted by /u/itsdopeyvp [link] [comments]...
  9. Folder access denied windowsapps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder access denied windowsapps: I’m trying to add a file into a folder in my windowsapps folder however I just keep getting “Destination Folder Access Denied” I’m the admin I have ownership and full control submitted by /u/itsdopeyvp [link] [comments]...
  10. WindowsApps on D:\ Drive - Access Denied

WindowsApps on D:\ Drive - Access Denied: Finally in version 10565 you are able to move/install Apps to other location than C:\Program Files\WindowsApps To change permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps to be able to see what was inside the folder was easy however to do the same on D:\WindowsApps seems to be...