Windows 10: WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening

Discus and support WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've been told that a Windows Update caused permissions to change in my WindowsApps Folder, and that is the reason why some of them stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael Packer (mpacker), Aug 8, 2019.

1. WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening

Hello,

I've been told that a Windows Update caused permissions to change in my WindowsApps Folder, and that is the reason why some of them stopped working. I've tried countless "fixes" for the issue, but none of them have worked. I am to the point where I'm wondering if it is possible to delete the entire folder and copy/paste a new one in its place. Would anyone be able to explain why, or why I shouldn't, attempt to do so? I've also re-assigned ownership of the folder to myself / changed permissions / etc. Nothing has worked. When I run the powershell command, listed below in one of the links, I sometimes get errors and sometimes don't. Regardless some apps still don't work. I've run the troubleshooter, I've "reset" the apps within the settings. I feel like I've tried it all. The company I work for pays a ton of money to have a Managed Service Provider for IT take care of things like this. Their solution was to install the legacy apps and call it quits.

I've tried the following, with no success:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-windows-10-store-to-fix-apps-not-updating-and-other-issues/

https://www.techjunkie.com/calculator-wont-start-windows/

I put this under "Apps on WIndows 10" and it forced me to choose an app from the corresponding dropdown. This problem is happening across MULTIPLE Apps on Windows 10, not just a single one.

Thank you!

:)

Michael Packer (mpacker), Aug 8, 2019
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

WindowsApps folder is empty

Hi,

WindowsApps folder is where files of all default and Store apps are stored. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you having issues with the Windows apps on your PC?
    • When was the last time you saw the contents of the the WindowsApps folder?
    • Were there any changes made prior to your concern?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Aug 8, 2019
  3. redcloud Win User
    Some apps opens then closes immediately.

I don't know where to report problems with applications from Windows Store but - Facebook, Instagram and Messenger doesn't work after April Update. All of these apps opens then closes immediately. Anybody else have a similar problem? *Confused

Windows Apps Troubleshooter didn't help. Also, reinstalling apps didn't solve problem.

redcloud, Aug 8, 2019
  4. silkstone Win User

WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening

1. WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening - Similar Threads - WindowsApps Folder Apps

2. App opens then closes immediately right after.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App opens then closes immediately right after.: When I try and open my antivirus software app witch is Mcafee, it opens then closes immediantly. I just got on my computer today and this started to happen. I also havent made any recent changes to my computer. I also checked if other applications where doing this and luckily...
  3. Stock calculator app opens and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stock calculator app opens and closes immediately: Upgraded to Windows 10 ver 2004 and now calculator is doesn't work. Microsoft support is suggesting to rollback to last version. WHAT, that's a fix. It's more of a copout.... Any suggestions, ideas. Asking the question shows that a lot of apps suffer from that....
  4. Apps opening, then immediately closing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps opening, then immediately closing: Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 19041.84. Many Windows Apps , when I try to open them, open a window like they are starting correctly, then immediately close. I have tried resetting the apps, uninstalling, and reinstalling them, Windows App Store troubleshooting, DISM restore...
  5. Apps closing immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps closing immediately: I'm having an issue where some apps are opening, then closing down immediately. The mouse changes to the "thinking" mode, the app never appears, then seems to close down. So the screen of the program never really shows up. This happens under both Admin and User accounts....
  6. Permission to open app in WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permission to open app in WindowsApp Folder: I already have changed the ownership of the folder to my user, I can enter and see everything but when I try to open a game.exe it says I don't have the permissions. How do I fix this? I'm trying to hook the .exe to the steam game list so I can stream it to my nvidia shield...
  7. Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after: Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after I see the icon pop up on the taskbar. I have attempted to uninstall the app via powershell admin commands. I have also attempted to re-register all apps via powershell as well. So far I have had no luck and...
  8. calculator app disappears immediately after clicking on it - opens and disappears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    calculator app disappears immediately after clicking on it - opens and disappears: calculator app disappears immediately after clicking on it - opens and disappears after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-app-disappears-immediately-after/801ced94-ebe0-40de-86c9-638de988a098
  9. Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.: Hello, Please Support as Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening and another issue is my photo app not working. Windows is up to date. Windws version is 1803 Done below steps but still having same issue. 1. Run - wsreset.exe 2. Windows Store...
  10. Some apps opens then closes immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some apps opens then closes immediately.: I don't know where to report problems with applications from Windows Store but - Facebook, Instagram and Messenger doesn't work after April Update. All of these apps opens then closes immediately. Anybody else have a similar problem? *Confused Windows Apps Troubleshooter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store apps start opening but then immediately disappear