Windows 10: WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening

Discus and support WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've been told that a Windows Update caused permissions to change in my WindowsApps Folder, and that is the reason why some of them stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael Packer (mpacker), Aug 8, 2019.

1. WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening

Hello,

I've been told that a Windows Update caused permissions to change in my WindowsApps Folder, and that is the reason why some of them stopped working. I've tried countless "fixes" for the issue, but none of them have worked. I am to the point where I'm wondering if it is possible to delete the entire folder and copy/paste a new one in its place. Would anyone be able to explain why, or why I shouldn't, attempt to do so? I've also re-assigned ownership of the folder to myself / changed permissions / etc. Nothing has worked. When I run the powershell command, listed below in one of the links, I sometimes get errors and sometimes don't. Regardless some apps still don't work. I've run the troubleshooter, I've "reset" the apps within the settings. I feel like I've tried it all. The company I work for pays a ton of money to have a Managed Service Provider for IT take care of things like this. Their solution was to install the legacy apps and call it quits.

I've tried the following, with no success:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-windows-10-store-to-fix-apps-not-updating-and-other-issues/

https://www.techjunkie.com/calculator-wont-start-windows/

I put this under "Apps on WIndows 10" and it forced me to choose an app from the corresponding dropdown. This problem is happening across MULTIPLE Apps on Windows 10, not just a single one.

Thank you!

:)

Michael Packer (mpacker), Aug 8, 2019
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

WindowsApps folder is empty

Hi,

WindowsApps folder is where files of all default and Store apps are stored. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you having issues with the Windows apps on your PC?
    • When was the last time you saw the contents of the the WindowsApps folder?
    • Were there any changes made prior to your concern?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Aug 8, 2019
  3. redcloud Win User
    Some apps opens then closes immediately.

I don't know where to report problems with applications from Windows Store but - Facebook, Instagram and Messenger doesn't work after April Update. All of these apps opens then closes immediately. Anybody else have a similar problem? *Confused

Windows Apps Troubleshooter didn't help. Also, reinstalling apps didn't solve problem.

redcloud, Aug 8, 2019
  4. silkstone Win User

WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening

1. WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening - Similar Threads - WindowsApps Folder Apps

2. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  3. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  4. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window apps and programs closes immediately after opening: so its been a week that I'm having this problem...…window programs/app like troubleshoot closes immediately after opening them, I can't perform troubleshoot for my WIFI and other problem as it closes when i run it, same goes for other installed programs like WinRAR as I can't...
  6. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    window apps and programs closes immediately after opening: so its been a week that I'm having this problem...…window programs/app like troubleshoot closes immediately after opening them, I can't perform troubleshoot for my WIFI and other problem as it closes when i run it, same goes for other installed programs like WinRAR as I can't...
  7. App opens then closes immediately right after.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App opens then closes immediately right after.: When I try and open my antivirus software app witch is Mcafee, it opens then closes immediantly. I just got on my computer today and this started to happen. I also havent made any recent changes to my computer. I also checked if other applications where doing this and luckily...
  8. Apps opening, then immediately closing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps opening, then immediately closing: Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 19041.84. Many Windows Apps , when I try to open them, open a window like they are starting correctly, then immediately close. I have tried resetting the apps, uninstalling, and reinstalling them, Windows App Store troubleshooting, DISM restore...
  9. calculator app disappears immediately after clicking on it - opens and disappears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    calculator app disappears immediately after clicking on it - opens and disappears: calculator app disappears immediately after clicking on it - opens and disappears after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-app-disappears-immediately-after/801ced94-ebe0-40de-86c9-638de988a098
  10. Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.: Hello, Please Support as Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening and another issue is my photo app not working. Windows is up to date. Windws version is 1803 Done below steps but still having same issue. 1. Run - wsreset.exe 2. Windows Store...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store apps start opening but then immediately disappear