Windows 10: WindowsApps Folder - Cannot change files despite being the owner and being logged in as Admin

Discus and support WindowsApps Folder - Cannot change files despite being the owner and being logged in as Admin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm trying to gain write access to the WindowsApps folder. What I did: 1. Property -> Security -> Advanced. 2. Changed owner to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by F4nkee, Jul 21, 2019.

1. F4nkee Win User

WindowsApps Folder - Cannot change files despite being the owner and being logged in as Admin

Hi there,

I'm trying to gain write access to the WindowsApps folder. What I did:

1. Property -> Security -> Advanced.

2. Changed owner to my account that is currently logged on as admin.

3. Checked the box below "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects".

4. Set all permissions to "Full control" and confirmed.

When trying to rename a file I get prompted for admin rights, I confirm and then I get a second prompt that I need to get permissions from my own account that I'm currently logged on with.

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

F4nkee, Jul 21, 2019

2. Unable to delete windowsapps folders created after changing location of microsoft app installation.

Do exactly these steps. UI based take ownership seems to have some issues.

1. Admin cmd prompt to take ownership - (takeown /f WindowsApps /r /d y)
    2. Go to advanced perms on folder.
    a. Disable inheritance (recursively).
    b. Remove each user/account from access list one at a time, leave active MSA owner with full perms.
    3. rd /s

Scott Herrboldt, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Denied access to a file despite being listed as the owner

I tried to reinstall Origin, and this particular program, and it seems some others on the computer do not allow access at all, either to run or delete. It says access is denied or that permission will be needed. I go into the advanced settings to change
    the owner (as elswhere the troubleshooters suggested) and I see that Administrators is already listed as the owner. It's as though the administrator does not even have access to the file. This appears to apply to the entire folder. How can I change the
    permission to the file(s) so I can delete/reinstall?

joethecounselor, Jul 21, 2019
  4. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps Folder - Cannot change files despite being the owner and being logged in as Admin

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1. WindowsApps Folder - Cannot change files despite being the owner and being logged in as Admin - Similar Threads - WindowsApps Folder Cannot

2. Cannot change owner of folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change owner of folder: Hi, when I try to enter the Windows Defender Scan folder it says I have been denied access to the folder despite being an administrator. When I try to change who the owner of the folder is in the security tab, It doesn't even give me the option to click on it to try and...
  3. Cannot change owner of folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change owner of folder: Hi, when I try to enter the Windows Defender Scan folder it says I have been denied access to the folder despite being an administrator. When I try to change who the owner of the folder is in the security tab, It doesn't even give me the option to click on it to try and...
  4. Internet Explorer log-in despite not being installed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Internet Explorer log-in despite not being installed: Dear Windows Community,In a previous post I said that I contacted support about internet explorer sign-ins under my Sign-in Activity tab although I've never installed it nor have I ever used it in any capacity. It was theorized by someone that it could be an automatic thing...
  5. Internet Explorer log-in despite not being installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer log-in despite not being installed: Dear Windows Community,In a previous post I said that I contacted support about internet explorer sign-ins under my Sign-in Activity tab although I've never installed it nor have I ever used it in any capacity. It was theorized by someone that it could be an automatic thing...
  6. Internet Explorer log-in despite not being installed

7. Being denied Admin priveleges despite being logged in as the Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Being denied Admin priveleges despite being logged in as the Administrator: When I try to shut down my laptop Windows 7 using Alt+F4, it says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." And all this despite I'm logged in with the admin account & it's the one & only user...
  8. Being denied Admin priveleges despite being logged in as the Administrator

Being denied Admin priveleges despite being logged in as the Administrator: When I try to shut down my laptop Windows 7 using Alt+F4, it says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." And all this despite I'm logged in with the admin account & it's the one & only user...
  9. Unable to delete folders despite admin permission, and can't change owner file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folders despite admin permission, and can't change owner file?: Hello, I have a bit of a problem that needs solving. I have a laptop with Windows 10, and until now, as far as I know, I was able to edit system files, delete ones in the C: drive, and such. And now, I can't do that, so is there a way to fix it? When I try to open up the...
  10. WindowsApps Folder - Cannot change files despite being the owner and being logged in as Admin

WindowsApps Folder - Cannot change files despite being the owner and being logged in as Admin: Hi there, Since you locked the other thread before it was solved here it is again. I'm trying to gain write access to the WindowsApps folder. I am told you (microsoft) does not want us to edit this folder.. Well tough **** it is MY computer. So to anyone else looking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cleaning windowsapps folder