Windows 10: WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

Discus and support WindowsApps Folder Cleanup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've noticed, thanks to SpaceSniffer, that the Windowsapps folder is huge (2,4 Gb). That sounds strange since I don't have that lot of apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavideMontarsolo, Oct 21, 2018.

1. WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

Hi,

I've noticed, thanks to SpaceSniffer, that the Windowsapps folder is huge (2,4 Gb). That sounds strange since I don't have that lot of apps running.

I've gained access to the WApps folder taking ownership and there are a lot of old/unused/unknown folders referring to long time gone apps (2 Candy crush folders for 200Mb each??). I've managed to delete one of them (gaining full control) but for the rest of the stuff it doesn't seem to be quite easy getting rid of them (I'm stuck with no full control permissions).

I've tried "Get-AppxPackage -allusers PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage" command and "dism /online /Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackageNameWindowsApps Folder Cleanup :packageFullName" command in a powershell elevated perm window, both with no luck.

I'm considering to use brute force (from a bootable linux stick) and get rid of the most heavy packages:

Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2018.18081.14710.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Microsoft.Office.OneNote_16001.10827.20178.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Microsoft.Office.OneNote_16001.10827.20152.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Microsoft.SkypeApp_12.1815.210.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c
    Microsoft.MSPaint_5.1809.1017.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Microsoft.ZuneVideo_10.18082.10311.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Microsoft.ZuneMusic_10.18091.10321.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.XboxApp_44.44.7002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_17.10314.31700.1000_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Microsoft.BingFinance_4.26.12334.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Microsoft.BingSports_4.25.11802.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

but to be sure to have win10 boot again I'm asking if there's any problem considering:
    - Inside C:\Program Files\WindowsApps the are 239 folders
    - if I run "Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName" it returns a list of more or less 90 packages
    - if I run "dism /online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages" it returns a list of 20 packages
    - NONE of the packages I'm planning to delete are found by the commands above (they are present only in the winapps folder)

I'm working on a win10 installation than comes with no formatting from 8.1 (I've got the idea that this stuff has been layered by the windows releases)

Any suggestion is very appreciated.

:)

DavideMontarsolo, Oct 21, 2018
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

WindowsApps folder is empty

Hi,

WindowsApps folder is where files of all default and Store apps are stored. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you having issues with the Windows apps on your PC?
    • When was the last time you saw the contents of the the WindowsApps folder?
    • Were there any changes made prior to your concern?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Oct 21, 2018
  3. WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 21, 2018
  4. WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

windowsapp folder access in windows 10

I am trying to list the windowsapp folder to give access to a program stored there so that it will be the default program for the .vob extension

JMiller1958, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

1. WindowsApps Folder Cleanup - Similar Threads - WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

2. WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApp Folder: I cannot open the WindowsApps folder. I right click and select "Properties". I click on the "Security Tab". I click on "Advanced". Next to "Owner" it says "Unable to display current owner". I click "Change" next to this. I enter "administrator" and "Check Name". It updates. I...
  3. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  4. WindowsApps/Deleted folder cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps/Deleted folder cleanup: Hi, my Program Files\WindowsApps\Deleted contains 200G of files from an app I already removed.The program is not listed under Apps & features, so I cannot uninstall it.The folders are all owned by System and thwart every attempt at removal.How do I clear this folder? The...
  5. Problematic WindowsApps Folder

Problematic WindowsApps Folder: Okey, here is the thing. - I am a user who regularly uses gamepass. From Windows Store.*** - And games downloaded from gamepass are installed in the Windowsapps folder. - Windowsapps folder is protected with ultra high security. - I have noticed that I do not have the...
  6. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, Quick question. I'd like to put one of my HDD's in a different computer however the folder WindowsApps is on that HDD and I cannot move the folder over to another HDD or delete that folder and was wondering how I would do so. Thank you for your time....
  7. WindowsApp folder issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WindowsApp folder issues: My mate recently uninstalled Sea of Thieves from his PC. However, when looking at his files, he noticed that the WindowsApps folder was still taking up a massive portion of the disk (he found out through using WinDirStat). Somehow, even though Sea of Theives does not appear...
  8. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, I recently restored windows on my computer and I no longer have permissions to remove the 'WindowsApps' folder. When trying to remove the folder it references an old admin account I use to have before restoring. I changed the owner of the folder and provided myself...
  9. Cleanup for the WindowsApps folder - it is possible?

Cleanup for the WindowsApps folder - it is possible?: Dear Folks, I would like to have some official tool, for the cleanup of the Microsoft Store local folder, located under Program Files\WindowsApps. Currently I want to update to the newest windows 10, but because this folder is so huge, and stores apps, what I deleted...
  10. WindowsApps folder

WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean windowsapps folder

2. clean up windowsapps folder

3. windowsapps folder

4. windowsapps folder huge,
  5. cleanup WindowsApps,
  6. clean up windows app folder,
  7. clean windowsapps folder size windows 10,
  8. cleanup windowsapps folder,
  9. cleanup windows apps folder,
  10. windowsapps folder clean,
  11. windowsapps clean,