Windows 10: WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search

Discus and support WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search in Cortana to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron laptop. Right now, I'm trying to install the KDE Connect app. When I try to add it to Windows Firewall, the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RogerBlair1, Jul 28, 2022.

1. WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search

I run Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron laptop. Right now, I'm trying to install the KDE Connect app. When I try to add it to Windows Firewall, the "Search" function doesn't detect the relevant file which exists in the "WindowsApps" folder, according to Search Everywhere. However, the "Search" function doesn't list the "WindowsApps" folder, so I can't add the function to the firewall. How do I proceed?

:)

RogerBlair1, Jul 28, 2022
  2. Murph_434 Win User

WindowsApp Folder

It is already installed. In accordance with your suggestion, I have created a folder for it under Program Files and moved it there. Thanks. I would still be interested in understanding why I cannot get access to the WindowsApps folder, even after following all the steps I can follow online. Any insights please?

Murph_434, Jul 28, 2022
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 28, 2022
  4. enso Win User

WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search

1. WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search - Similar Threads - WindowsApps Folder doesn't

2. WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search: I run Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron laptop. Right now, I'm trying to install the KDE Connect app. When I try to add it to Windows Firewall, the "Search" function doesn't detect the relevant file which exists in the "WindowsApps" folder, according to Search Everywhere....
  3. WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps Folder doesn't show in Search: I run Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron laptop. Right now, I'm trying to install the KDE Connect app. When I try to add it to Windows Firewall, the "Search" function doesn't detect the relevant file which exists in the "WindowsApps" folder, according to Search Everywhere....
  4. WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApp Folder: I cannot open the WindowsApps folder. I right click and select "Properties". I click on the "Security Tab". I click on "Advanced". Next to "Owner" it says "Unable to display current owner". I click "Change" next to this. I enter "administrator" and "Check Name". It updates. I...
  5. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  6. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, Quick question. I'd like to put one of my HDD's in a different computer however the folder WindowsApps is on that HDD and I cannot move the folder over to another HDD or delete that folder and was wondering how I would do so. Thank you for your time....
  7. WindowsApp folder issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WindowsApp folder issues: My mate recently uninstalled Sea of Thieves from his PC. However, when looking at his files, he noticed that the WindowsApps folder was still taking up a massive portion of the disk (he found out through using WinDirStat). Somehow, even though Sea of Theives does not appear...
  8. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, I recently restored windows on my computer and I no longer have permissions to remove the 'WindowsApps' folder. When trying to remove the folder it references an old admin account I use to have before restoring. I changed the owner of the folder and provided myself...
  9. WindowsApps folder

WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...
  10. WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WindowsApps Folder Cleanup: Hi, I've noticed, thanks to SpaceSniffer, that the Windowsapps folder is huge (2,4 Gb). That sounds strange since I don't have that lot of apps running. I've gained access to the WApps folder taking ownership and there are a lot of old/unused/unknown folders referring to...