Windows 10: WindowsApps Folder Filled with Folders for Apps not Installed on Device

Discus and support WindowsApps Folder Filled with Folders for Apps not Installed on Device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a user with a Surface Pro 4 that was previously assigned to someone else. Now that it is in the new user's possession, all accounts from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jud Gartner, Oct 7, 2020.

1. WindowsApps Folder Filled with Folders for Apps not Installed on Device

I have a user with a Surface Pro 4 that was previously assigned to someone else. Now that it is in the new user's possession, all accounts from the previous user have been removed. Oddly enough, though, the WindowsApps folder for this machine continues to fill up with folders from apps not currently installed on the Surface. On a daily basis I'm seeing new folders created for:

• Power BI
    • Candy Crush Saga
    • Candy Crush Soda
    • AmazonMobile
    • Facebook

None of these apps are installed on the machine. The user doesn't access Amazon or Facebook from this device as it is a work device. The user's MS Store doesn't show these apps as installed on this device, though it does show their purchases are recent, as though it's been bought/downloaded. I'm not sure what's going on with these constantly multiplying folders. I wouldn't be so concerned if these folders didn't contain up to 1.5GB of data.

:)

Jud Gartner, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

i need help copying and pasting inside windows 10 app folders and subfolders

Does this help?

How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10

Sasqui, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    WindowsApps folder is empty

Hi,

WindowsApps folder is where files of all default and Store apps are stored. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you having issues with the Windows apps on your PC?
    • When was the last time you saw the contents of the the WindowsApps folder?
    • Were there any changes made prior to your concern?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Oct 7, 2020
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

WindowsApps Folder Filled with Folders for Apps not Installed on Device

Split Steam app folder between 2 HDD?

As the title suggests I want to find out if there's a way I can split my steam app folder on to 2 drives, specifically an SSD that I will be putting my OS and most used games and apps and a regular HDD for everything else?

NdMk2o1o, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

WindowsApps Folder Filled with Folders for Apps not Installed on Device

1. WindowsApps Folder Filled with Folders for Apps not Installed on Device - Similar Threads - WindowsApps Folder Filled

2. WindowsApps folder filled with CandyCrush and HiddenCity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps folder filled with CandyCrush and HiddenCity: I am in a business using Windows 10 Pro v. 21H2 and 22H2. We've had over 100 PCs with a WindowsApps folder that is 40GB or greater. This puts the hard drives in the red and nothing works right. The machines are automatically downloading CandyCrush and HiddenCity files. I...
  3. WindowsApps folder filled with CandyCrush and HiddenCity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps folder filled with CandyCrush and HiddenCity: I am in a business using Windows 10 Pro v. 21H2 and 22H2. We've had over 100 PCs with a WindowsApps folder that is 40GB or greater. This puts the hard drives in the red and nothing works right. The machines are automatically downloading CandyCrush and HiddenCity files. I...
  4. WindowsApps folder filled with CandyCrush and HiddenCity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder

Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder: I would like to install mods using the curseforge app for Minecraft Dungeons but the launch button doesn't work and I know how to fix it but I can't modify anything in the Minecraft Dungeons folder and I already have access to the windowsapps folder...
  6. Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder: I would like to install mods using the curseforge app for Minecraft Dungeons but the launch button doesn't work and I know how to fix it but I can't modify anything in the Minecraft Dungeons folder and I already have access to the windowsapps folder...
  7. Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. WindowsApp Folder

WindowsApp Folder: I cannot open the WindowsApps folder. I right click and select "Properties". I click on the "Security Tab". I click on "Advanced". Next to "Owner" it says "Unable to display current owner". I click "Change" next to this. I enter "administrator" and "Check Name". It updates. I...
  9. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, Quick question. I'd like to put one of my HDD's in a different computer however the folder WindowsApps is on that HDD and I cannot move the folder over to another HDD or delete that folder and was wondering how I would do so. Thank you for your time....
  10. WindowsApps folder

WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...