Windows 10: WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

Discus and support WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PAUGER1, Feb 9, 2023.

1. PAUGER1 Win User

WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove theses folders even of the app is not installed i check add remove program ?it seems i can't do anything with powershell i will try again but few tries i was unable to delete thanks

:)

PAUGER1, Feb 9, 2023
  2. sarkabix Win User

WindowsApps folder huge size

Using Windows 10 1809 version. My WindowsApps in Program Files is huge? How can I delete apps that I do not need or do not use. 5.2GB on 120GB drive is a lot. There is also WindowsApps in Windows folder.

I have attached a screenshot of the WindowsApps folder. What kind of junk there is. I already tried to delete apps using DISM, AppXprovisioned but the files stay in that folder.

WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space 1aa8e1f5-60d9-4055-bace-4f182041af83?upload=true.png

sarkabix, Feb 9, 2023
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Feb 9, 2023
  4. Callender Win User

Callender, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

1. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space - Similar Threads - WindowsApps Folder taking

2. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  3. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  4. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive: The SSD external harddrive has 4TB space capacity, using around 27gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleting folders, show hidden files, etc. I even tried reformat it, however, when I start to transfer files back...
  5. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive: The SSD external harddrive has 4TB space capacity, using around 27gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleting folders, show hidden files, etc. I even tried reformat it, however, when I start to transfer files back...
  6. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. other other large folder is taking a HUGE space

in Windows 10 Customization
    other other large folder is taking a HUGE space: when i go to storage i find other folder is taking so much space and when i open the number isn't the same, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-other-large-folder-is-taking-a-huge-space/bdfaf9f7-bc2d-4a94-98c5-70ebccecf9cb
  8. WSL take huge amount of disk space??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WSL take huge amount of disk space??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/6razyboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7t8lq/wsl_take_huge_amount_of_disk_space/
  9. WindowsApps folder huge size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WindowsApps folder huge size: Using Windows 10 1809 version. My WindowsApps in Program Files is huge? How can I delete apps that I do not need or do not use. 5.2GB on 120GB drive is a lot. There is also WindowsApps in Windows folder. I have attached a screenshot of the WindowsApps folder. What kind of...
  10. PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder: I've seen another thread in this forum regarding PCDr (a folder within the ProgramData folder) and a couple of answers suggesting it could be either Dell software or malware. I have a Dell desktop myself, and I looked a bit more carefully at the contents of this folder when I...