Windows 10: WindowsApps folder

Discus and support WindowsApps folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MinecraftLegend1, Feb 3, 2019.

1. WindowsApps folder

I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands:
    cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F
    I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store applications, sounds manager, start menu, search bar, etc. stopped working. Whenever I open them, they flash for like 10~ ms and then instantly close.

I don't have any restore points made, tried resetting windows store.
    If anyone knows how to fix that without reinstalling Windows, please tell me, I will be very happy to fix that.

Sincerely, Astrie.

:)

MinecraftLegend1, Feb 3, 2019
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    WindowsApps folder is empty

Hi,

WindowsApps folder is where files of all default and Store apps are stored. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you having issues with the Windows apps on your PC?
    • When was the last time you saw the contents of the the WindowsApps folder?
    • Were there any changes made prior to your concern?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Feb 3, 2019
  4. WindowsApps folder

WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

WindowsApps folder

1. WindowsApps folder - Similar Threads - WindowsApps folder

2. deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: Hi, I'm trying to delete app data from this folder that relates to apps which are no longer on my laptop. I uninstalled these apps a long time ago and their files are still showing in this folder. To delete the files, I'm having to change the permissions on every single...
  3. WindowsApp Folder Corruption - no apps work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApp Folder Corruption - no apps work: I am at my wits end with this problem. I have followed multiple forum posts here to try and get my Windows 10 fixed, Including doing a clean install. Even after a clean install, I am getting issues with opening apps. I have tried with a new user, I have tried removing and...
  4. "This access control entry is corrupt" for the WindowsApps folder and nothing else

"This access control entry is corrupt" for the WindowsApps folder and nothing else: I receive the error message in the image below when I try to list the content of the WindowsApps folder. I know how to change the owner of the folder and correct the problem, but I don't want to start mucking around without knowing what I'm doing. Is this "problem" there...
  5. windows 10 preventing me to access/open windowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 preventing me to access/open windowsApp folder: hi, windows 10 pro-1909 64 bit preventing me to open WindowsApp folder in drive d. What should someone do to access it normally? Especially below pictures show one entry is corrupt, how to fix it. Thanks, and look below for a problem explanation. [img] [img] [img]...
  6. Cannot delete old WindowsApps folder from transferred D drive

Cannot delete old WindowsApps folder from transferred D drive: I transferred a D drive with an old WindowsApps folder used for Xbox Game Pass to a new computer. When I tried to put the D drive as the default save location it gives me error code 0x80070005. I've already: Made sure my time zone is correct Tried to delete in Safe Mode...
  7. Can I replace inadvertently deleted folders from the WindowsApp folder?

Can I replace inadvertently deleted folders from the WindowsApp folder?: Some apps are not launching after I inadvertently deleted some folders from the WindowsApp folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps C[:/ Note: I do not know the exact folders that were deleted. Does anyone know how to fix the above problem or the below errors? Thank you....
  8. WindowsApp folder hidden and no admin rights

WindowsApp folder hidden and no admin rights: I ran the powershell command Get -AppXPackage and saw a ton of programs that I am not familiar with and my computer has been activating slow bigtime and denying me access to websites that I know exist. I have no admin rights on my own computer HELP I have AVG Antivirus and...
  9. how do i reduce folder c:\programs\windowsapps in size ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i reduce folder c:\programs\windowsapps in size ?: my windows 10 prof laptop has 170 GB harddisk. the folder c:\programs\windowsapps contains 72 GB of data, and my disk is now full. How do i reduce the folder ? I have deinstalled many of the windows apps, but it did not reduce the folder size....
  10. Cannot copy files to WindowsApps folder even after taking Ownership of the folder

Cannot copy files to WindowsApps folder even after taking Ownership of the folder: I have been trying to copy gamepad emulator files to Forza Horizon 4 folder in windowsapps folder. I took ownership of the folder and giver full control. Even then It shows the error shown in the screenshot below. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps is empty