Windows 10: WindowsApps Folder

Discus and support WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Quick question. I'd like to put one of my HDD's in a different computer however the folder WindowsApps is on that HDD and I cannot move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TylerLederer, Nov 23, 2020.

1. WindowsApps Folder

Hello,

Quick question.

I'd like to put one of my HDD's in a different computer however the folder WindowsApps is on that HDD and I cannot move the folder over to another HDD or delete that folder and was wondering how I would do so.

Thank you for your time.

:)

TylerLederer, Nov 23, 2020
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    WindowsApps folder is empty

Hi,

WindowsApps folder is where files of all default and Store apps are stored. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you having issues with the Windows apps on your PC?
    • When was the last time you saw the contents of the the WindowsApps folder?
    • Were there any changes made prior to your concern?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Nov 23, 2020
  4. WindowsApps Folder

WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

WindowsApps Folder

1. WindowsApps Folder - Similar Threads - WindowsApps Folder

2. WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive: I have tried deleting the WindowsApps folder from my external SSD but I cant take ownership of it, I have tried doing a force delete using Windows Powershell and a registry tweak to give myself ownership of the file and when I try to manually take ownership of the file, it...
  3. WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive: I have tried deleting the WindowsApps folder from my external SSD but I cant take ownership of it, I have tried doing a force delete using Windows Powershell and a registry tweak to give myself ownership of the file and when I try to manually take ownership of the file, it...
  4. Apps no longer work after attempting to gain permission on the WINDOWSAPPS folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps no longer work after attempting to gain permission on the WINDOWSAPPS folder: Hi, I wanted to change something in the windows app folder but didnt have a premission, So I attempted to change it in the advanced security by being the owner as tou see in the picture, but sadly now nothing works at all. How can it be reversed or managed? thanks...
  5. Apps no longer work after attempting to gain permission on the WINDOWSAPPS folder

Apps no longer work after attempting to gain permission on the WINDOWSAPPS folder: Hi, I wanted to change something in the windows app folder but didnt have a premission, So I attempted to change it in the advanced security by being the owner as tou see in the picture, but sadly now nothing works at all. How can it be reversed or managed? thanks...
  6. Apps no longer work after attempting to gain permission on the WINDOWSAPPS folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do i shrink my WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i shrink my WindowsApps folder?: My WindowsApps folder is > 400GB and i have no idea why. can't access it to look either, because it's a system file. I can't format the file as the format option is greyed out i think this is because "trustedinstaller" is the file owner. if i can provide more info i will,...
  8. How do i shrink my WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i shrink my WindowsApps folder?: My WindowsApps folder is > 400GB and i have no idea why. can't access it to look either, because it's a system file. I can't format the file as the format option is greyed out i think this is because "trustedinstaller" is the file owner. if i can provide more info i will,...
  9. How do i shrink my WindowsApps folder?

10. I'm the Admin & I'm Blocked from WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm the Admin & I'm Blocked from WindowsApps folder: I am the original installer of Windows 10 Pro on this custom built PC using a validly purchased Windows 10 key from Microcenter back in 2021. I only log into this PC using a single account. However, I cannot access C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.The error message I get is "You...