Windows 10: WindowsApps Game folder can't be deleted after game disappeared from XBox App and App...

Discus and support WindowsApps Game folder can't be deleted after game disappeared from XBox App and App... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't delete a folder in WindowsApps. I have a GamePass and an installed game, recently it just disappered from the Xbox App but it just disappeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasGrenda, Sep 5, 2021.

1. WindowsApps Game folder can't be deleted after game disappeared from XBox App and App...

I can't delete a folder in WindowsApps. I have a GamePass and an installed game, recently it just disappered from the Xbox App but it just disappeared in the overview. The physical data is still located in the WindowsApp folder...22GB:I tried to reinstall the game, didn't work, I changed the folder permissions of the folder WindowsApps, didn't help.When I try to delete the folder I get the message:See yourself I am the owner of this folder I can't delete:I googled for help, all solutions describe to replace the principal, which I did. Despite following the MS solution I can't delete the folde

:)

ThomasGrenda, Sep 5, 2021

2. Xbox Game App - WindowsApps Folder - Games do not delete, cannot transfer no rights WORST APP EVER!

Ok so this is a major complaint and plea for Microsoft to fix their product as I can see through many searches that this issue is not new. I have been fairly furious dealing with this BS application and especially the WindowsApps Folder...I only noticed
    this as I deleted a few games from the Xbox App and recovered zero space...so I then like most others changed folder permissions etc etc fng etc. No matter what I do I cannot delete the damn game folder from the drive, I have even reinstalled and tried deleting
    through system/storage/apps without any luck. I also cannot transfer games from one PC to another because of the ridiculous fng permissions on items I am paying for. I am so fed up with this garbage application and settings pushed by Microsoft that I am
    likely going to completely wipe the drive and reinstall OS etc and NEVER EVER touch this piece of **** again.

With all the said...has there been any viable fix for these stupid issues recently? Or am I going to get a useless reply giving me steps that I have already done?

Darryl2020_Can, Sep 5, 2021
  3. PAT
    Pat Win User
    Windows 10 Xbox DVR app thinks Chrome is a game

When setting up the XBox game app, and the XBox DVR game bar, I must have checked the box that Chrome is a game app.

How do I undo that?

Every time I open Chrome, the game bar pops up.

I don't want to select "don't show this again", because then it'll disable it for real game apps. I just want to remove Chrome from the list.

Thoughts?

4. WindowsApps Game folder can't be deleted after game disappeared from XBox App and App...

Cannot delete WindowsApps folder created by Xbox Beta app for gamepass.

I recently had to "reset" my PC, but did this through the reset option in windows which allows you to keep most of your "personal data". After reinstalling the Xbox app, I had to set a new location for my games in a different drive, as it could not delete
    the old location (which has ~200 GB worth of games on it). I have tried setting the ownership to myself, and deleting it. I tried deleting the individual folders inside the WindowsApps folder. Nothing has worked so far. Any help would be appreciated.

ElderWaffles, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

WindowsApps Game folder can't be deleted after game disappeared from XBox App and App...

1. WindowsApps Game folder can't be deleted after game disappeared from XBox App and App... - Similar Threads - WindowsApps Game folder

2. Can't sign in to Xbox app or install games on the app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to Xbox app or install games on the app.: I have just got back into the xbox game pass and have installed the xbox app for PC. unfortunately with the app I am unable to sign in or install games. whenever I click "sign in" a white window pops up for a second then closes. I tried installing a game despite the sign in...
  3. Can't sign in to Xbox app or install games on the app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to Xbox app or install games on the app.: I have just got back into the xbox game pass and have installed the xbox app for PC. unfortunately with the app I am unable to sign in or install games. whenever I click "sign in" a white window pops up for a second then closes. I tried installing a game despite the sign in...
  4. Can't install games on the xbox app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install games on the xbox app.: Everytime I start a download from the xbox app, a message from Microsoft Store appears, that it's downloading "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 UWP Desktop Runtime Package".And then my game won't download, sitting at 0 B/S.Problem is only present in the xbox app, internet works fine...
  5. Can't install games on the xbox app.

Can't install games on the xbox app.: Everytime I start a download from the xbox app, a message from Microsoft Store appears, that it's downloading "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 UWP Desktop Runtime Package".And then my game won't download, sitting at 0 B/S.Problem is only present in the xbox app, internet works fine...
  6. Can't install games on the xbox app.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Xbox Game pass WindowsApps folder help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game pass WindowsApps folder help: Hello I am having an issue with my computer. I used to have the xbox game pass beta installed on my pc and it created a windows apps folder to store the games. some stuff happened to my pcs performance so i reset my pc but kept my files. The game pass beta app was deleted but...
  8. Xbox Game App - WindowsApps Folder - Games do not delete, cannot transfer no rights WORST...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game App - WindowsApps Folder - Games do not delete, cannot transfer no rights WORST...: Ok so this is a major complaint and plea for Microsoft to fix their product as I can see through many searches that this issue is not new. I have been fairly furious dealing with this BS application and especially the WindowsApps Folder...I only noticed this as I deleted a...
  9. Can't login in the Xbox Beta app and in any of the games from the game pass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login in the Xbox Beta app and in any of the games from the game pass: I'll try to be as simple as possible.The problem I'm facing is the following: when I open the Xbox Beta app and I try to log in with my account a window pop up and then closes itself without giving me the time to actually log in.Also when I open a game, the last one was Rise...
  10. WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening

WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening: Hello, I've been told that a Windows Update caused permissions to change in my WindowsApps Folder, and that is the reason why some of them stopped working. I've tried countless "fixes" for the issue, but none of them have worked. I am to the point where I'm wondering if it...