Windows 10: WindowsApps Issue

Discus and support WindowsApps Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Having an issue where apps keep downloading and not uninstalling previous versions. Disney Magic Kingdoms, Facebook, and many more don't show in Apps &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Travis_V, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Travis_V Win User

WindowsApps Issue

Having an issue where apps keep downloading and not uninstalling previous versions. Disney Magic Kingdoms, Facebook, and many more don't show in Apps & features. I can remove these manually in the file system for now, but how do I prevent this from reoccurring in the future?

WindowsApps Issue 284d1500-f48d-44a7-8e74-7378c0235c7e?upload=true.png

:)

Travis_V, Aug 19, 2019

2. WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 19, 2019
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

WindowsApps Issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

WindowsApps Issue

1. WindowsApps Issue - Similar Threads - WindowsApps Issue

2. WindowsApps folder huge size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WindowsApps folder huge size: Using Windows 10 1809 version. My WindowsApps in Program Files is huge? How can I delete apps that I do not need or do not use. 5.2GB on 120GB drive is a lot. There is also WindowsApps in Windows folder. I have attached a screenshot of the WindowsApps folder. What kind of...
  3. Messed up and deleted 'WindowsApps' in C:/Program Files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Messed up and deleted 'WindowsApps' in C:/Program Files: Ok so basically, I had an issue with movies and TVs which is unrelated to this, having no luck fixing it regularly I got ownership of the WindowsApps folder and went to town, AKA deleted all of it thinking SFC would just repair everything, TLDR - it didn't, now literally none...
  4. How to reinstall WindowsApps applications without having to redownload everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall WindowsApps applications without having to redownload everything: Good Morning, After a Win10 reset, all of my WindowsApps installs are gone, which is expected. However, the WindowsApps folder is still present (on D:, my second drive, as I install all big size apps on a mechanical HDD), but none of the apps within are recognized anymore...
  5. Popup message Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Windowsapps\Appup.IntelGraphicsExperience

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Popup message Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Windowsapps\Appup.IntelGraphicsExperience: Popup message Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Windowsapps\Appup.IntelGraphicsExperience Everytime Startup my laptop always disturb me how to solve this? Thanks[ATTACH]...
  6. My WindowsApps folder is full of undesired and repeated installation files.

My WindowsApps folder is full of undesired and repeated installation files.: 23 of 50 GB on my SSD are being used by the WindowsApps folder: [ATTACH] (In the image: Microsoft Store Library, "Ready to install" tab (left). SpaceSniffer (right)) I don´t want any of those applications. I've tried to install and uninstall the Disney game. It took...
  7. WindowsApps folder has 2 duplicate unusable, undiscoverable 65GB installations of Gears 5

WindowsApps folder has 2 duplicate unusable, undiscoverable 65GB installations of Gears 5: I have spent last 3 hours trying to change folder ownership and security, to delete them, but nothing seems to work. Do these folders get deleted when unused over time or is there any other way of removing them. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  8. Shared windowsapp and now my games won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Shared windowsapp and now my games won't open: I Shared my windowsapp folder so my friend could get state of decay 2, now none of my microsoft games will open, and i have made so much changes to the folder permissions the games won't even open, astroneer gave a error "cannot open transcript file" now it is not opening at...
  9. WindowsApps Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps Issue: On a regular basis I get an error box that pops up that says: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp....... Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Any suggestions?...
  10. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...: running out of ideas, just can't seem to gain full control of folders or files in the windowsapps folder, i can delete files and folders but i can't rename files or folders or edit file content... for example when i try to edit a file name i get: "you require permission...