Windows 10: WindowsApps Microsoft store temp files

Discus and support WindowsApps Microsoft store temp files in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I tried Xbox game pass for a while. With it, tried to download Forza 4 and Gears, but those downloads never finished. When I manually went through... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by albertblignaut, Mar 28, 2020.

1. WindowsApps Microsoft store temp files

So I tried Xbox game pass for a while. With it, tried to download Forza 4 and Gears, but those downloads never finished. When I manually went through my hard drive, I found a folder named windowsApps, and Lo and Behold, there were files for all the games I never got to play, tallying up to over a hundred GB of storage. I tried deleting these folders, but I ran into an entire maze of permissions issues. Is there aaany way to remove these files short of formatting the drive?

:)

albertblignaut, Mar 28, 2020

2. WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 28, 2020
  4. WindowsApps Microsoft store temp files

These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

WindowsApps Microsoft store temp files

1. WindowsApps Microsoft store temp files - Similar Threads - WindowsApps Microsoft store

2. How do I restore Microsoft Store/WindowsApps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore Microsoft Store/WindowsApps?: Pertinent computer info:Device name Denver Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable Device ID 66049179-4A7A-4D43-979A-587995C5B0C7 Product ID 00325-96108-90623-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  3. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  4. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  5. %temp%,temp and prefeth files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    %temp%,temp and prefeth files.: My camera was working slow so i contacted the support team and they told me to type %temp% and delete all the files.Further more i was told to delete prefetch and temp files in the same way.But the slowness of camera was still there the original cause i found out yesterday...
  6. How to delete temp download files from Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to delete temp download files from Microsoft Store?: Hi, My case is very peculiar, so please, read carefully: I tried to download Ark: Survival Evolved game on my laptop. It asked me on which of my 2 drives I'd like to Install I chose my C: Drive which had 270GB remaining space at that moment Here's where issue starts: MS...
  7. Can't Access Microsoft Store and then WindowsApps. Multiple issues.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Access Microsoft Store and then WindowsApps. Multiple issues.: Windows 10 current version. 1903 Can't open Microsoft Store. click on the link and nothing happens. searched a fix and was directed to open my C:/Program Files/WindowsApps but couldn't open it. Got this errors You don't currently have permissions to access this folder....
  8. Microsoft Store causes CPU temp spikes

Microsoft Store causes CPU temp spikes: Hello, when I open Microsoft store I'm experiencing weird CPU heat spikes that occur every couple of seconds . The temperature gets from about °30C to about °42C. The issue persists even after exiting the app store and is resolved only after booting the PC. Any ideas?...
  9. Microsoft Store malicious app - Dropping malware into C:\program files\windowsapps

Microsoft Store malicious app - Dropping malware into C:\program files\windowsapps: Hi, My antivirus flagged this file as malware, it is part of an app offered on the Microsoft Store called Cool File Viewer, I want to report it to microsoft but I can't figure out how I already tried reporting it through the app store by viewing the app and going to Review...
  10. Microsoft Store WindowsApps folder restricted access to folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store WindowsApps folder restricted access to folder.: Long story short, downloaded football manager 19 and wanted to add a league DB which I was able to do from my other FM games through the steam workshop and wanted to add my Canadian league so I can play in that league since FM never adds that league to their DB. I download...