Windows 10: WindowsApps reset default permissions

Discus and support WindowsApps reset default permissions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there anyway to reset the permissions back to Account Unknown() for the WindowsApps folder? I wanted to have a look in it, I changed the ownership... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TCrowe, Jan 29, 2016.

1. TCrowe Win User

WindowsApps reset default permissions

Is there anyway to reset the permissions back to Account Unknown() for the WindowsApps folder? I wanted to have a look in it, I changed the ownership to myself and now I just want to reset it back to the default. The default was Account Unknown(sequence of some kind), but you can't just set it back. Anyone have any clues?

Thanks

:)

TCrowe, Jan 29, 2016

2. Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Hi,

I have changed WindowsApps folder permissions from Owner: TrustedInstaller to Owner:Sasko (e.t.c myself). How can I get back to my old and default persmissionss for this folder?

Thank you,

Sasko

SaskoPetrov, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Can't install Windows Store apps to SD card

The cache reset did not work. The storage was set to sd card. It appears that 3 folders are created on the SD card for the store, WindowsApps, WpSystem, and WUDownloadCache. What should the permissions be for these folders? I have access denied for WindowsApps.

Edit: Just for the record, I deleted the WpSystem and WUDownloadCache folders on the SD card and it allowed installation of Store app to the SD card. WindowsApps could not be deleted due to access denied.

Resourceful, Jan 29, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jan 29, 2016
  5. TCrowe Win User
    Thanks, but using a restore point is going to create more problems then help.

So let me ask, I have changed the owner of the WindowsApp folder to myself. Everything "seems" to work fine but does anyone know if this could create problems down the road?

TCrowe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WindowsApps reset default permissions - Similar Threads - WindowsApps reset default

2. Resetting ALL permissions to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting ALL permissions to default: I have been silly and played with the security settings on my Windows 11 laptopIs there some way to return ALL to a new build status ?ie Default everything without carrying out a rebuildI am being blocked from using many programs such as Ancestry/FTM because I am unable to...
  3. Resetting ALL permissions to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting ALL permissions to default: I have been silly and played with the security settings on my Windows 11 laptopIs there some way to return ALL to a new build status ?ie Default everything without carrying out a rebuildI am being blocked from using many programs such as Ancestry/FTM because I am unable to...
  4. Permission for WindowsApps

Permission for WindowsApps: I recently noticed that Windows is unable to access the content inside WindowsApps. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-for-windowsapps/dd6685e6-0959-412a-a6cb-33c5316ef562
  5. Permission for WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission for WindowsApps: I recently noticed that Windows is unable to access the content inside WindowsApps. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-for-windowsapps/dd6685e6-0959-412a-a6cb-33c5316ef562
  6. To Reset Default user permissions

To Reset Default user permissions: I want to reset all default permissions to my pc please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-reset-default-user-permissions/13ef7e2e-fad5-40f3-8b3c-f4beb09150f1
  7. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowsapps permission: I recently was messing about with the windowsapps folder. After messing with it a lot of my games, apps, etc won't load they crash immediately. I tried reverting the changes I made which didn't do anything, ran the system scan, updated windows, and thru the media installer...
  8. Windowsapps permission

Windowsapps permission: I recently was messing about with the windowsapps folder. After messing with it a lot of my games, apps, etc won't load they crash immediately. I tried reverting the changes I made which didn't do anything, ran the system scan, updated windows, and thru the media installer...
  9. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windowsapps permission: I am trying to change the name of a folder in the windows apps folder. I am the owner of the folder but I cant rename it. It's says I need access from myself. What do I do? submitted by /u/TitusHM1 [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore windowsapps folder permissions

2. reset windowsapps folder

3. windowsapps default permissions

4. windowsapps folder permissions,
  5. restore WindowsApps permissions,
  6. windowsapps reset permissions,
  7. default windowsapps folder permissions,
  8. reset windowsapps to default permissions windows 10,
  9. change windowsapp folder back to unknown owner,
  10. set windowsapps folder permissions to default,
  11. blair witch registry database corrupt windows app,