Windows 10: windowsdvd

Discus and support windowsdvd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; downloaded didn't work paid in full now how do I get refund ????????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimcaparaso, Nov 19, 2019.

1. windowsdvd

downloaded didn't work paid in full now how do I get refund ????????

:)

jimcaparaso, Nov 19, 2019
  2. phondo2 Win User

Windows DVD Player Help

Hello, I have WindowsDVD Player 10.17091.10381.0 on my Dell XPS420 and Op Sys. Windows 10.

I rent movies from Netflix. When I go to the DVD Menu, It will not allow me to change any settings and always plays subtitles.

Help Please?

Thank you!

phondo2, Nov 19, 2019
  3. AertKeja Win User
    Windows 10 - DVD drive freezes Explorer

Replying to myself seems stupid.

But:

The drive is not Optiplex but Optiarc

I have changed the bezels so the HP drive fits (so my Dell inspiron 1750 is OK!)

I did more or less ruin the HP bezel in the process though, (it had a too much tight fit )

There are still a few problems that need to be solved (whether or not by Microsoft):

PowerDVD recognizes the DVD and starts playing it, VLC (App supposed to play Dvd's) does not recognize the DVD-drive at all

I also own a Dell Desktop Inspiron 545 (usedby my better half) using the WindowsDVD app.

The app does not regognize the D: drive where the DVD movie is inserted at all! (Do I need to mention PowerDVD does ?)

Children's diseases I suppose ?

AertKeja, Nov 19, 2019
  4. windowsdvd

DVD drive not recognized by windows 10

I had the same problem that you are having. Auggy replied with the link below and it worked for me. I to had gone back to Windows 7. I thought that if I reinstalled Windows 10 that it would work but it didn't. So when I got the reply from Auggy I followed
    his instructions and it worked. I am posting his notes below.

A thread that you are following on
    Microsoft Community
    has received a reply from auggy.

Title:
    DVD drive not recognized by windows 10

Reply:

Hi,

Try the following:

Right-click the Start button > Command Prompt (Admin)

Then, at the command prompt type the following ( you can copy and paste) and press "Enter":

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

Restart the computer.

I hope this works for you. My DVD RW Drive shows up now and WindowsDVD Player works now.

Good Luck. Let me know if this works.

nealbradleigh, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

windowsdvd