Windows 10: WindowsFeature: How does it work, really?

Discus and support WindowsFeature: How does it work, really? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; PREFACE Hey everyone! Before explaining my question more thoroughly, I'd like to note that this question is purely for my own curiosity. I'm an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yokiaza, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Yokiaza Win User

WindowsFeature: How does it work, really?

PREFACE

Hey everyone! Before explaining my question more thoroughly, I'd like to note that this question is purely for my own curiosity. I'm an experimenting IT nerd and if whatever answer you give me leads me to where I hope it till I'll make a post about it later!

So, what do I mean?

Well, the question is sort of open-ended, isn't it? PowerShell does this, the parameters of it are this, it works like that, it applies updates to this location under these circumstances, blah blah blah. What I want to know about is the inner workings of it.

• What servers does it connect to?
    • How does it connect to those servers?
    • What's the actual process and commands the utility uses to push the files from the server to the file location?
    • How does it change the settings of the PC (what commands does it use, what kind of files does it add to change settings, what config files does it interact with)?
    • How does it interact with offline VHDs?
    • Does it require extra steps to push updates into the VM? Is there an extra step or alternative and automatically used credential that isn't used on Windows systems not based on VHDs?

I have the same questions about Windows Update.

Anyways, I understand if you can't answer all of these questions! I doubt many would be concerned with them but it would definitely be a big help! I wouldn't wanna research this part of my main question (that I'll share in a future post) considering classes are taking up a lot of my time.

On standby,
    Yoki Aza

:)

Yokiaza, Oct 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 9, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue WindowsFeature: How does it work, really? :p

cadaveca, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. WindowsFeature: How does it work, really? - Similar Threads - WindowsFeature does really

2. Does it really need a fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does it really need a fix?: It is very likely that this post might not even b seen by the general public, and if it did, then it will probably be removed very quickly, because I am very blunt and to the poin. Windows is becomeing USELESS! Even this online form does not support my screen reader for the...
  3. Does it really need a fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does it really need a fix?: It is very likely that this post might not even b seen by the general public, and if it did, then it will probably be removed very quickly, because I am very blunt and to the poin. Windows is becomeing USELESS! Even this online form does not support my screen reader for the...
  4. Does it really need a fix?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. So how does merge in office work really

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So how does merge in office work really: OneDrive has a crisis. It showsIf I click on Resolv I see thisIf I then click on Open in office to merge Word opens one of the two documents, it doesn-t tell me wich. If I close it the item is still in conflic.How do I tell OneDrive to stop bothering me with this_...
  6. So how does merge in office work really

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So how does merge in office work really: OneDrive has a crisis. It showsIf I click on Resolv I see thisIf I then click on Open in office to merge Word opens one of the two documents, it doesn-t tell me wich. If I close it the item is still in conflic.How do I tell OneDrive to stop bothering me with this_...
  7. Does group policy REALLY works to disable updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does group policy REALLY works to disable updates?: The day before yesterday i couldn't lower my laptop brightness, i use brigthness control A LOT (keyboard shotcuts). Tried to find the brightness option in the system panel, no luck. Googled it.. still couldnt find it. Next thing i know, i couldnt connect it to my tv, or...
  8. DOES SPAM REALLY = PROFITS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DOES SPAM REALLY = PROFITS: WHY DOES _______ SPAM SO MUCH ?........IT SEEMS LIKE WITH ANTI-TRUST COMIN' DOWN...U NO...................DO WHAT'S RIGHT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-spam-really-profits/df66337b-975b-4657-90ab-74693baf8afc
  9. control Panel;programs;windowsfeatures turn off and on

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    control Panel;programs;windowsfeatures turn off and on: i came across this feature by accident . but as i read the window instructions i noticed that a few of my boxes were shaded in which means that only part of windows features was working. this got my curiosity up bc i have a whole army of problems stemming from my 2 in one...
  10. does this really work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    does this really work: I have never used this for virus protection , how well does it work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-this-really-work/39f1da23-179f-4546-8b5e-df5ae03a5715