Windows 10: Windowshelper.exe cmd on startup

Discus and support Windowshelper.exe cmd on startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need help on how to solve my problem on computer. At startup there is always something that pop-ups at my desktop. The program name is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xDark098, May 29, 2016.

1. xDark098 Win User

Windowshelper.exe cmd on startup

I need help on how to solve my problem on computer. At startup there is always something that pop-ups at my desktop.
    The program name is windowshelper.exe and is located at C:\ProgramData\Windows. I wonder if this is some DarkComet RAT thing because I downloaded cracked hacks on my game and turns out that it's a virus. First after downloading it BitDefender quarantined it and I returned it back to normal so I can execute the .exe and .dll files. After that BitDefender found another virus again named msdcsc.exe so I searched it and found that it was really DarkCometRAT (I'm not sure about it.) So now I quarantined it at BitDefender and permanently removed it (I also removed the hack that I downloaded to my game) Yesterday I re-booted like 2x and downloaded another Anti-virus (Norton) and I tried to scan my system again but I cancelled it. I remember that I terminated a task called "Microsoft .NET thingy" and 5 cmds popped up at the same time. So my problem now is there is something that shows up at startup called windowshelper.exe. I located the folder of it and found another file "windowshelper.exe.config". I'm sorry if my english is bad, I don't speak English a bit. I really need help on these 2 problems. I'm happy to read all of your replies. Thanks.

:)

xDark098, May 29, 2016

2. Why does this CMD window appears on startup?

This issue may have something to do with some corrupted files in your computer. Let's run the

System

File

Checker

tool

(SFC.exe)
    to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Darian Tab, May 29, 2016
  3. Why does this CMD window appears on startup?

Hi Darien,

Thanks for effort, but it did not work.

PauloPragosa, May 29, 2016
Thema:

Windowshelper.exe cmd on startup

1. Windowshelper.exe cmd on startup - Similar Threads - Windowshelper exe cmd

2. cmd always opening on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd always opening on startup: this cmd window opens on every startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-always-opening-on-startup/4ec6d1a8-40a1-479c-b6a2-1bac18e4d00e
  3. cmd always opening on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cmd always opening on startup: this cmd window opens on every startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-always-opening-on-startup/4ec6d1a8-40a1-479c-b6a2-1bac18e4d00e
  4. CMD pops up at startup

CMD pops up at startup: Split from this thread. Same for me, I used Avast which is known to have stopped almost every virus on earth, it doesn't detect any threats even though every time I start up, CMD opens completely empty and all my apps start running for 5 seconds then closing....
  5. Aux exe at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aux exe at startup: Each time I start up my computer microsoft aux switch exe box appears for a few seconds. In every other respect my computer works 100%. Is this normal? What does this do? Thanks...
  6. ForzaHorizon4.exe crashing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ForzaHorizon4.exe crashing on startup: Hi, I need help to solve this problem, please. When searching for MoBEX all I find is problems with edge. Hopefully I can be helpful providing more information if required ForzaHorizon4.exe Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program...
  7. X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe: Bonjour j'ai un problème avec mon pc (un lenovo yoga 300). À la fin d'une mise à jour, j'ai dû redémarrer mon pc et après le redémarrage je tombe sur une page qui me demande de choisir en l'option *Dépannage ou *Éteindre le pc. [IMG] J'ai donc essayé l'option dépannage:...
  8. CMD on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD on startup: so when I start up my computer and log in and after a few minutes the CMD will open up and then it will copy itself until I close the main one by the time I close it there are about 50 CMD boxes I don't know how to fix it...
  9. EXE in Startup folder not running

EXE in Startup folder not running: Just don't know if it's really worth the trouble, seems like just one issue after another. Latest is I wrote a program that runs on windows 10 just fine from a shortcut on the desktop. I copied the shortcut to the startup folder for my account and did all the compatibility...
  10. Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit: I did a very stupid thing. I tried to make windows block one application by creating registry in Policies/Explorer named RestrictRun. I did it and then I also created DisallowRun. In KEy Restrict run I added one application, but i couldnt create key for DisallowRun and...