Windows 10: WindowsImageBackup does not backup .ost file?

Discus and support WindowsImageBackup does not backup .ost file? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear all, I tried to restore my Windows 10 with Office 2010 from the WindowsImageBackup yesterday. I found that the Outlook needed to download my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ccklau, Apr 15, 2019.

1. ccklau Win User

WindowsImageBackup does not backup .ost file?

Dear all,

I tried to restore my Windows 10 with Office 2010 from the WindowsImageBackup yesterday. I found that the Outlook needed to download my emails from the very beginning. My email size was 25G and all sat in my system drive. It would take 3 days to download everything as the Exchange server is not a local server. The actual size of the .ost file is around 50G.

I thought that the WindowsImageBackup would contain all the data including the large .ost file in my system drive! Questions here:

1. Is it true that the WindowsImageBackup does not back up the .ost file?

2. How can I do a full backup with WindowsImageBakcup?

Thanks and regards,

Ken

:)

ccklau, Apr 15, 2019

2. Changing the File Type on an Outlook *.OST file.

I did a stupid thing and inadvertently changed the file type of an Outlook 2016 OST file to a PDF file. I have tried to change the type of file that *.OST is used by to Outlook but Windows 10 does not let me. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

CliveChambers1, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Why are OST files not to be shadowed

I don't want to delete the ost file. I want to delete the key in the registry which lists the ost file as one not to be shadowed.

PoulsboMike, Apr 15, 2019
  4. WindowsImageBackup does not backup .ost file?

Win 10 WindowsImageBackup sub folder seems to have the incorrect time

Win 10 Home

Version 1703 with all available updates applied.

Control Panel \ Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

I have always thought the following represents the WindowsImageBackup folder structure.

WindowsImageBackup folder Structure (starting from root of drive)

• WindowsImageBackup
      • [Computer name]
        • Backup [date and time of backup]
          • A bunch of XML files
          • A bunch of .vhdx files
        • Catalog
          • BackupGlobalCatalog
          • GlobalCatalog
        • Logs
          • At least one .log file
        • SPPMetadataCache
          • At least one file with random letter/number combinations, separated by dashes, surrounded by {}’s
        • MediaId file
    In my case first sub folder (above) is not indicating any time that makes sense to me.

It DOES contain the correct date.

But not the time.

I created a new WindowsImageBackup folder structure earlier today at 3:00 pm Central.

But my folder ended up named "Backup 2017-08-21 195346"

Anyone know what the "195346" means ?

BTW, the date, time and zone are set correctly.

I'm so confused.

JustRayInWisconsin, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

WindowsImageBackup does not backup .ost file?

1. WindowsImageBackup does not backup .ost file? - Similar Threads - WindowsImageBackup does backup

2. OST to PST Converter Software to Convert OST to PST File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OST to PST Converter Software to Convert OST to PST File: Toady am represent a wonderful Software for the conversion of inaccessible and disconnected OST files into Outlook PST files. keep your eyes in the post, i am revealing the name of Superlative Software- PDS OST to PST Converter. It's very reliable for non tech users because...
  3. WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsImageBackup: I made a WindowsImageBackup of a new computer on a 128GB memory stick. I wanted to be sure that it was ok, so I tried to look into the files. I kept getting messages about files being corrupted. So, in a Command Prompt, I went into the relevant folder and there were two...
  4. WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsImageBackup: I made a WindowsImageBackup of a new computer on a 128GB memory stick. I wanted to be sure that it was ok, so I tried to look into the files. I kept getting messages about files being corrupted. So, in a Command Prompt, I went into the relevant folder and there were two...
  5. WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsImageBackup: Sirs, Attached is the response to me trying to look at 'WindowsImageBackup' files on my external hard drive. Attached also 'Disc Management' screenshot. Any guidance would be appreciated please.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. recover a .ost file

recover a .ost file: Earlier today i deleted my .ost file from Appdata microsoft outlook on my c drive . I was having problems with sync issues in outlook 800cccd2-0-0-733 terminated in error . i went to troubleshoot and help and it suggested deleting the .ost file for my email address and...
  7. change location of ost file

change location of ost file: How do I change the location of my outlook 365 OST file from the default C: to D:\myOST I do not have room on my W10 SSD on C: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-location-of-ost-file/dceed523-0582-4326-be3b-684cc3023344"
  8. Outlook does not create new OST file in folder in ForceOSTPath.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook does not create new OST file in folder in ForceOSTPath.: Win 10 build 1803 and Office 365. I have put ForceOSTPath set to D:|\folder name. When I add a new IMAP account the OST file appears in C:\users\****\Appdata\local\Microsoft\Outlook. That really shouldn't be should it? Thanks. 123136
  9. backup ost file periodically in outlook 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    backup ost file periodically in outlook 2010: Hi, I was used to backup the ost file periodically. on outlook using “AutoArchive” Feature. It will remove old items from the ost file and move them to the archive pst file. So It will backup the old items in ost file into pst file periodically. But I don't want to move...
  10. Why are OST files not to be shadowed

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are OST files not to be shadowed: This registry key -- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\BackupRestore\FilesNotToSnapshot -- includes Microsoft Office .ost file. This causes my Veritas software not to include this important file. What is the logic for excluding this file? What would be the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no outlook ost file windows system image