Windows 10: WindowsImageBackup USB Issues

Discus and support WindowsImageBackup USB Issues in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I have a HP laptop running Win10 20H2 (64 bit), which I made a "WindowsImageBackup" of, on a USB 3.0 external drive connected to one of the laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Wn10, May 5, 2021.

1. Wn10 Win User

WindowsImageBackup USB Issues

Hi, I have a HP laptop running Win10 20H2 (64 bit), which I made a "WindowsImageBackup" of, on a USB 3.0 external drive connected to one of the laptops USB 3.0 ports. However, when I boot into recovery (Trouble Shoot, Advanced Options, System Image Recovery) to restore the Image, the external drive is not visible if connected to the USB 3.0 port. If you connect the drive to a USB 2.0 port on the laptop or use a USB 2.0 extension cable between the laptop USB 3.0 port and the external drive, it is recognized. Any thoughts as to why this is happening? --

:)

Wn10, May 5, 2021
  2. Wn10 Win User

Hi, I have a HP laptop running Win10 20H2 (64 bit), which I made a "WindowsImageBackup" of, on a USB 3.0
    external drive connected to one of the laptops USB 3.0 ports. However, when I boot into recovery
    (Trouble Shoot, Advanced Options, System Image Recovery) to restore the Image, the external drive is
    not visible if connected to the USB 3.0 port. If you connect the drive to a USB 2.0 port on the laptop
    or use a USB 2.0 extension cable between the laptop USB 3.0 port and the external drive, it is
    recognized. Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

--

Wn10, May 5, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 5, 2021
  4. WindowsImageBackup USB Issues

Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. WindowsImageBackup USB Issues - Similar Threads - WindowsImageBackup USB Issues

2. Recovery from "WindowsImagebackup"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery from "WindowsImagebackup": Prior to replacing the old SSD disk drive in my laptop, I completed a backup using the Windows 10 'Create System Image' option in Settings.I then tried unsuccessfully to restore that 'image' onto the new SSD disk drive.Microsoft Technical Support advised me that the...
  3. Recovery from "WindowsImagebackup"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery from "WindowsImagebackup": Prior to replacing the old SSD disk drive in my laptop, I completed a backup using the Windows 10 'Create System Image' option in Settings.I then tried unsuccessfully to restore that 'image' onto the new SSD disk drive.Microsoft Technical Support advised me that the...
  4. WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsImageBackup: I made a WindowsImageBackup of a new computer on a 128GB memory stick. I wanted to be sure that it was ok, so I tried to look into the files. I kept getting messages about files being corrupted. So, in a Command Prompt, I went into the relevant folder and there were two...
  5. WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsImageBackup: I made a WindowsImageBackup of a new computer on a 128GB memory stick. I wanted to be sure that it was ok, so I tried to look into the files. I kept getting messages about files being corrupted. So, in a Command Prompt, I went into the relevant folder and there were two...
  6. WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsImageBackup: Sirs, Attached is the response to me trying to look at 'WindowsImageBackup' files on my external hard drive. Attached also 'Disc Management' screenshot. Any guidance would be appreciated please.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Win10 WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 WindowsImageBackup: Hi. I was just wondering, if i already done my Win10 system backup to external hard drive, can i now copy it to DVD disc? Do i have to create an ISO file of WindowsImageBackup folder somehow and then copy it to DVD or DVD's or make a new backup straight to DVD's The reason i...
  8. WindowsImageBackup not detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WindowsImageBackup not detected: Hi, I have 2 WindowsImageBackup on my PC. One is stored on my "D" Drive and dated 2020/04/15. The second one is stored on my "E" drive dated 2020/03/31. Note that my "D" and "E" drives are to separate physical HDs. When I try to restore my Image Backup using: Settings...
  9. Restore from WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore from WindowsImageBackup: We have an iMac but I decided to use Bootcamp to partition to the hard drive as I really don't get on with Mac! Recently, I removed Bootcamp to increase the size of the partition. I have done this satisfactorily and have reinstalled Windows 10 on the Bootcamp partition....
  10. Issues Restoring from WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Issues Restoring from WindowsImageBackup: Hello, I am trying to restore a WindowsImageBackup file that I had created before sending my laptop in to HP for repairs. I am running Windows 10 and the backup was created using Windows 10 as well on my external Seagate FreeAgent Go hard drive. I have tried restoring from...