Windows 10: WindowsImageBackup

Discus and support WindowsImageBackup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sirs, Attached is the response to me trying to look at 'WindowsImageBackup' files on my external hard drive. Attached also 'Disc Management'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KeithLHart, Feb 2, 2021.

1. WindowsImageBackup

Sirs,

Attached is the response to me trying to look at 'WindowsImageBackup' files on my external hard drive. Attached also 'Disc Management' screenshot. Any guidance would be appreciated please. WindowsImageBackup 4d7ed613-e28d-491b-b353-c76b630caeae?upload=true.png

WindowsImageBackup 2d5f4659-df4f-46b1-aa03-b8736669aaad?upload=true.png

:)

KeithLHart, Feb 2, 2021

2. Win 10 WindowsImageBackup sub folder seems to have the incorrect time

Win 10 Home

Version 1703 with all available updates applied.

Control Panel \ Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

I have always thought the following represents the WindowsImageBackup folder structure.

WindowsImageBackup folder Structure (starting from root of drive)

• WindowsImageBackup
      • [Computer name]
        • Backup [date and time of backup]
          • A bunch of XML files
          • A bunch of .vhdx files
        • Catalog
          • BackupGlobalCatalog
          • GlobalCatalog
        • Logs
          • At least one .log file
        • SPPMetadataCache
          • At least one file with random letter/number combinations, separated by dashes, surrounded by {}’s
        • MediaId file
    In my case first sub folder (above) is not indicating any time that makes sense to me.

It DOES contain the correct date.

But not the time.

I created a new WindowsImageBackup folder structure earlier today at 3:00 pm Central.

But my folder ended up named "Backup 2017-08-21 195346"

Anyone know what the "195346" means ?

BTW, the date, time and zone are set correctly.

I'm so confused.

JustRayInWisconsin, Feb 2, 2021
  3. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Feb 2, 2021
  4. WindowsImageBackup

WindowsImageBackup not detected

Hi,

I have 2 WindowsImageBackup on my PC. One is stored on my "D" Drive and dated 2020/04/15. The second one is stored on my
    "E" drive dated 2020/03/31. Note that my "D" and "E" drives are to separate physical HDs.

When I try to restore my Image Backup using: Settings | Recovery | Advanced Startup | Troubleshoot | Advanced Option | More
    Recovery Options | System Image Recovery | Select a System Image Backup | Select a System Image, Windows detects only the Image stored on my “E” drive. If I navigate to my “D” drive, it cannot select as a whole the WindowsImageBackup folder stored on my “D”
    drive. I can drill it down but that is it.

How can I restore the most recent Image stored on my “D” drive. Note I use Win10 Pro (64).

Thanks

YvesBeaupre, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

WindowsImageBackup

1. WindowsImageBackup - Similar Threads - WindowsImageBackup

2. Je ne vois pas le fichier WindowsimageBackup après avoir passé la commande "Créer une image...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Je ne vois pas le fichier WindowsimageBackup après avoir passé la commande "Créer une image...: Je ne vois pas le fichier WindowsimageBackup après avoir passé la commande "Créer une image système" sous Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/je-ne-vois-pas-le-fichier-windowsimagebackup/42cd9c08-d722-40fa-8b16-f43587a2a996
  3. Je ne vois pas le fichier WindowsimageBackup après avoir passé la commande "Créer une image...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Je ne vois pas le fichier WindowsimageBackup après avoir passé la commande "Créer une image...: Je ne vois pas le fichier WindowsimageBackup après avoir passé la commande "Créer une image système" sous Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/je-ne-vois-pas-le-fichier-windowsimagebackup/42cd9c08-d722-40fa-8b16-f43587a2a996
  4. Je ne vois pas le fichier WindowsimageBackup après avoir passé la commande "Créer une image...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I restore from a Win 8.1 WindowsImageBackup file, using Win 11?

How do I restore from a Win 8.1 WindowsImageBackup file, using Win 11?: I am trying to Restore a Windows Image Backup, created with Win 8.1, to another external drive. I try going to the Advanced Storage and picking Backup/Restore Win 7. I then try to select the Image file to Restore. The list of Found Backups stays BLANK. If I click on Network...
  6. How do I restore from a Win 8.1 WindowsImageBackup file, using Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore from a Win 8.1 WindowsImageBackup file, using Win 11?: I am trying to Restore a Windows Image Backup, created with Win 8.1, to another external drive. I try going to the Advanced Storage and picking Backup/Restore Win 7. I then try to select the Image file to Restore. The list of Found Backups stays BLANK. If I click on Network...
  7. How to restore from Windowsimagebackup folder created on external HDD?

How to restore from Windowsimagebackup folder created on external HDD?: I have taken a backup from my windows 10 laptop and and am trying to setup that backup on my new windows 11 laptop using the WindowsImageBackup folder which was created on my External HDD. I have used the method from the below link....
  8. How to restore from Windowsimagebackup folder created on external HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore from Windowsimagebackup folder created on external HDD?: I have taken a backup from my windows 10 laptop and and am trying to setup that backup on my new windows 11 laptop using the WindowsImageBackup folder which was created on my External HDD. I have used the method from the below link....
  9. How to restore from Windowsimagebackup folder created on external HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. trouble recovery from WindowsImageBackup

trouble recovery from WindowsImageBackup: hello,I did a backup yesterday from a laptop 5 before returning it for charging issues. The pc however was fine. today they gave me the new surface laptop 5 basically identical than the one i had yesterday.I'm in trouble with the image recovery file I did yesterday. basically...