Windows 10: WindowsR Education edition, Microsoft Windows asking for activation.

Discus and support WindowsR Education edition, Microsoft Windows asking for activation. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have this new Lenovo notebook since June 2019. After a recent "Windows 10 version 1903 for x64" update, keep receiving "Windows not activated". On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gerry Lee SM, Apr 22, 2020.

1. WindowsR Education edition, Microsoft Windows asking for activation.

I have this new Lenovo notebook since June 2019. After a recent "Windows 10 version 1903 for x64" update, keep receiving "Windows not activated".

On the activation page, the message says Window cannot be activated as connection to the organisation activation server cannot be carried out. Error code 0x8007007B.

We don't have the KMS client information. With ShowKey plus , we can see that we have the licensing and product key.

There was no added or change in hardware.

Please help.

:)

Gerry Lee SM, Apr 22, 2020

2. Activate Windows Home Edition from Educational Edition.

Since the beginning of this school year, I was given an educational activation key for windows 10. I installed it, and it has been causing some problems with updates and I find Education to be very restrictive. So I entered my old windows 10 activation
    key and it says it cannot use it. What am I supposed to do? Microsoft will not let me use my Windows 10 home edition key and I am very frustrated.

IsaacSchmitz, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Change from Windows 10 Education edition to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

Windows 10 Pro Education builds on the commercial version of Windows 10 Pro and provides important management controls needed in schools. Windows 10 Pro Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Pro that provides education-specific default settings,
    including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions.

Windows 10 editions for education customers

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it. The Windows 10 Pro Edu or Windows 10 Education key will not activate Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a license for Windows 10 Pro, you will either need to request it from the institution you got Windows 10 Education; or you will have to purchase a license for Pro, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Apr 22, 2020
  4. WindowsR Education edition, Microsoft Windows asking for activation.

Windows Education Issue

Are you have Windows 10 Education installed?

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If you don't have the right edition installed, you will need to download and install it.

Step 1:

Download Windows 10 Education ISO files

If you attend a college or university, your institution might provide you with the Education edition of Windows 10. If you are only provided with a license (product key), you can download the .ISO file from the Microsoft Download Academic Products website.

Go to the following link: Download Windows 10 Academic ISO

WindowsR Education edition, Microsoft Windows asking for activation. 9b4ebea7-eec2-4952-bf58-fc24a900ff8a.png

Scroll down then enter your Windows 10 Education product key, then click verify

WindowsR Education edition, Microsoft Windows asking for activation. 4b50baf3-7735-4510-a5df-60c21b90e0cf.png

Step 2: Create a bootable copy:

Step 3: perform a clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

WindowsR Education edition, Microsoft Windows asking for activation.

1. WindowsR Education edition, Microsoft Windows asking for activation. - Similar Threads - WindowsR Education edition

2. Hi, wanted to ask if this is legit windows 10 education edition or not?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hi, wanted to ask if this is legit windows 10 education edition or not?: Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-wanted-to-ask-if-this-is-legit-windows-10/27c29c9f-c4d8-4a00-9ae5-ce3041fc8509
  3. Hi, wanted to ask if this is legit windows 10 education edition or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, wanted to ask if this is legit windows 10 education edition or not?: Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-wanted-to-ask-if-this-is-legit-windows-10/27c29c9f-c4d8-4a00-9ae5-ce3041fc8509
  4. Hi, wanted to ask if this is legit windows 10 education edition or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WindowsR, Core edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsR, Core edition: I bought an Asus computer that came with Windows 10 on and it updated itself to Windows 11 and I was fiddling with it and it says I have WindowsR, Core editionBut in System Information it saysWindows 11 HomeI know the windows is legit. What's the "R" about?Thank you...
  6. WindowsR, Core edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsR, Core edition: I bought an Asus computer that came with Windows 10 on and it updated itself to Windows 11 and I was fiddling with it and it says I have WindowsR, Core editionBut in System Information it saysWindows 11 HomeI know the windows is legit. What's the "R" about?Thank you...
  7. Cannot re-activate Windows 10 Education Edition

Cannot re-activate Windows 10 Education Edition: Hello there, I'd used windows 10 Education Edition before I tried to re-install it as the licensing was going to expire. Well, after I did reinstall the windows, I cannot activate it now it shows error: "0x8007007B" and asks for Product key that I don't have currently....
  8. Windows 10 Education Edition Activation

Windows 10 Education Edition Activation: I recently got my code from my uni for a free Windows 10 Education Product Key, I'm having trouble activating it, I try putting the default product key and it does not work, I try putting the product key the uni gave me, that does not work either, any clues on what is wrong?...
  9. Microsoft Windows Educate Edition

Microsoft Windows Educate Edition: I am eligible for Microsoft Windows Educate Edition as a school faculty member. Are there any restrictions to using that license on a personal PC that I also use for my self-employment work? Same question for Microsoft Visio 2019, once installed on a personal PC am I able to...
  10. Issue with Activating Windows 10 Education Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Activating Windows 10 Education Edition: I am trying to upgrade my current copy of Windows 10 Home edition to Windows 10 Education edition, but am unable to do so. I have a validated product key for the Education edition provided by my school through OnTheHub. When I go to the "Change product key" setting under...