Windows 10: WindowsUpdate.log on desktop

Discus and support WindowsUpdate.log on desktop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I noticed that a text document named WindowsUpdate.log has been placed on my desktop. What would cause this and is it safe to delete? 126680 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RichardC, Feb 5, 2019.

1. RichardC Win User

WindowsUpdate.log on desktop

I noticed that a text document named WindowsUpdate.log has been placed on my desktop. What would cause this and is it safe to delete?

:)

RichardC, Feb 5, 2019
  2. RAJU.MSC Win User

GET WINDOWSUPDATE ERROR LOG ON DESKTOP USING WINDOWS POWERSHELL SCRIPT

Today i am sharing PowerShell script and registry setting to trace extending supporting of windows update error log file

step 1

add registry keys and values by cmd

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Trace"

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Trace" /v Flags /t REG_DWORD /d 00000007

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Trace" /v Level /t REG_DWORD /d 00000004

step 2

open Windows PowerShell as administrator and then type

Get-WindowsUpdateLog

step 3

wait for few seconds to complete , WindowsUpdate.log file will be stored on the desktop

step 4

WindowsUpdate.log file contains all the necessary details to troubleshoot windows update errors , moreover its self-troubleshooting method , which contains error codes, callerID windows update agent, details of blocking firewall, details of
    proxy server etc

The above method is checked on my windows 10 asus laptop

Thanks for reading, If any user finds this article is useful means, then reply to me and give helpful votes

RAJU.MSC, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Feb 5, 2019
  4. WindowsUpdate.log on desktop

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

WindowsUpdate.log on desktop

1. WindowsUpdate.log on desktop - Similar Threads - WindowsUpdate log desktop

2. windowsUpdate-80072;0 устранить ашибку

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windowsUpdate-80072;0 устранить ашибку: windowsUpdate-80072;0 устранить ашибку https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowsupdate-800720/98127430-fe23-4b36-b77c-63e8eeded198
  3. windowsUpdate-80072;0 устранить ашибку

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windowsUpdate-80072;0 устранить ашибку: windowsUpdate-80072;0 устранить ашибку https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowsupdate-800720/98127430-fe23-4b36-b77c-63e8eeded198
  4. windowsUpdate-80072;0 устранить ашибку

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windowsUpdate-80072;0 устранить ашибку: windowsUpdate-80072;0 устранить ашибку https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowsupdate-800720/11e079f7-da82-4e6e-b95a-e8e7cdbca73b
  5. windowsUpdate-80072;0 устранить ашибку

windowsUpdate-80072;0 устранить ашибку: windowsUpdate-80072;0 устранить ашибку https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowsupdate-800720/11e079f7-da82-4e6e-b95a-e8e7cdbca73b
  6. The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 I had tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, but it didn't work.I wonder if importing the Windows update folder...
  7. The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.

The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 I had tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, but it didn't work.I wonder if importing the Windows update folder...
  8. Desktop log-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Desktop log-in: How do i stop my computer from setting the PIN log in as default. I never setup a PIN and do not want to as it is less secure than my password. but all of a sudden windows 10 insists on setting the PIN login as default. this is annoying cause i will type in my password and...
  9. Zwart scherm bij WindowsUpdate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Zwart scherm bij WindowsUpdate: Laatste maanden, zodra er een update door Windows 10 is gedownload en nog niet geïnstalleerd Bijwerken en beveiliging, wordt mijn PC-scherm zwart precies voordat het aanmeldscherm moet verschijnen. Er is dan geen schijfactiviteit meer. Dus altijd na de 2de dinsdag van de...
  10. GET WINDOWSUPDATE ERROR LOG ON DESKTOP USING WINDOWS POWERSHELL SCRIPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GET WINDOWSUPDATE ERROR LOG ON DESKTOP USING WINDOWS POWERSHELL SCRIPT: Today i am sharing PowerShell script and registry setting to trace extending supporting of windows update error log file step 1 add registry keys and values by cmd reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Trace" reg add...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get-windowsupdatelog no format information