Windows 10: Windowws 10 update corrupts Outlook 365 Profiles

Discus and support Windowws 10 update corrupts Outlook 365 Profiles in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How is it possible that a Company like Microsoft can put out a Windows Update that causes Outlook 365 Profiles to get corrupted. I today updated two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ronaldw66, Jul 25, 2019.

1. ronaldw66 Win User

Windowws 10 update corrupts Outlook 365 Profiles

How is it possible that a Company like Microsoft can put out a Windows Update that causes Outlook 365 Profiles to get corrupted. I today updated two different computers with the latest update and both suffered the same fate. This creates enormous inconvenience to users and in my case with multiple email addresses coming into Outlook, causes a substantial amount of lost time in trying to get it all fixed. How is this all possible without you compensating your loyal users?

From what I understand, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing

i would be interested to hear a response to this sad situation.

Ronald Wallace

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

ronaldw66, Jul 25, 2019
  2. stevesf Win User

Outlook in Office 365

I updated my subscription for Office 365, all apps work fine except Outlook. I keep getting Outlook cannot logon. The Microsoft Exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using
    the correct Microsoft Exchange information service. Cannot fix or troubleshoot so far but I am surprised all the other Office apps load and work just fine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

stevesf, Jul 25, 2019
  3. While configuring outlook password windows disappears

Hi Ram2694,

Greetings, if the password windows disappears when configure your account, I suggest you try the follow steps to configure your Office 365 account in Outlook desktop client. in this way, there is no need to type in password in new pop up window.

1. Please right click on “Start” button > click
      search > type "Control Panel” in the search box.
    2. Find and click the Mail > Click
      Show Profiles.
    3. Click Add >
      type in a custom profile name > then type in your Office 365 account and password >
      Next > Finish.
    4. Start your Outlook with this new profile.

If it still doesn't work, to better help you, may I know if you configure the Office 365 account or other account type in your Outlook desktop client? Meantime, please provide your detailed Outlook version for us.

Regards,

Bryan

Bryan Cheng MSFT, Jul 25, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windowws 10 update corrupts Outlook 365 Profiles - Similar Threads - Windowws update corrupts

2. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 365: My newest computer has a Windows 11 OS. Most applications work properly, with the glaring exception being Outlook. Outlook no longer provides folder sets, such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Archive, Junk Email, Outbox, RSS Feeds, and Search Folders for each...
  3. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: My newest computer has a Windows 11 OS. Most applications work properly, with the glaring exception being Outlook. Outlook no longer provides folder sets, such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Archive, Junk Email, Outbox, RSS Feeds, and Search Folders for each...
  4. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 365: Why does it not open consistently in my Laptop with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/54ca03e6-fbdc-41cb-864e-42bf199b5ac9
  5. Starting Windowws 10

Starting Windowws 10: Normally during start-up, Windows displays phots and aske whether I like them or not - the standard start-up process. This has been replaced my a full screen view of a stored document I scanned in on the previous day. Though I have deleted the document, the start up...
  6. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook 365: I recently installed Bulldog vpn and ever since outlook 365 will not connect. Any suggestions to rectify the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/fec9b5de-09f3-45b6-a512-2179d37d2d0e
  7. Windows 10 - 1903 Update Profile Corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - 1903 Update Profile Corrupted: Ive had 2 attempts and installing from 1803 (OS Build 17134.950) to 1903. Both times it has corrupted my profile and logged in using a temporary one i.e. name.000. Basically most of my files are gone and outlook doesn't work (cant find data files) etc etc. I use my PC for...
  8. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: Is there a fix for 0x8000ccc0e ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/0f9983e9-c9d9-43de-985b-c325ab955e0f
  9. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 365: I am having a problem with Outlook 365 email not allowing me to reset up my email address that I have been using for years. The email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have tried several times to reset my email address but it will not let me...
  10. Windows 10 and Outlook 365

Windows 10 and Outlook 365: Hi everybody. I am a bit ancient (72), so not so clever on IT.... I am running Windows 10 and Office 365. I somehow had two Outlooks running at the same time, so I un-pinned them. Now now Outlook! how to get it back please, in simple words so I can follow please.....