Windows 10: Windwos 10 keeps shutting down after entering sleep mode

Discus and support Windwos 10 keeps shutting down after entering sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It has been going on for a while and started all of a sudden, and during multiple builds. I usually put my PC in sleep mode instead of shutting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pedrorotoli, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Windwos 10 keeps shutting down after entering sleep mode

It has been going on for a while and started all of a sudden, and during multiple builds.
    I usually put my PC in sleep mode instead of shutting it down, but lately, when I go to use it again it is turned off, this happens after some time in sleep mode, it's not automatic, and never happened before, it's also not an issue with electricity supply, as my server and other computing devices that are turned on 24/7 are still up.

On another note, around the same time this started to happen my mouse settings started to get wonky too, I usually have the mouse wheel configured to scroll three lines at a time, but every time Windows is rebooted it defaults again to one line at a time, quite annoying.

:)

pedrorotoli, Feb 2, 2021

2. Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Feb 2, 2021
  4. TimXB Win User

Windwos 10 keeps shutting down after entering sleep mode

Laptop Shuts Down When it Enters Sleep Mode

Thanks for the reply, but the Power troubleshooter only came up with the solution to change my power plan. I changed it, but my laptop still won't sleep properly. It keeps doing a hard shut down. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TimXB, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Windwos 10 keeps shutting down after entering sleep mode

1. Windwos 10 keeps shutting down after entering sleep mode - Similar Threads - Windwos keeps shutting

2. Windows 11 Shutting Down Apps When Entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Shutting Down Apps When Entering Sleep Mode: I am running into an issue with Windows 11 closing all open apps on my desktop when it tries to automatically enter sleep mode.I've tried all combinations of sleep options with hybrid sleep mode enabled v disabled, with sleep set to never and hibernate enabled and vice-versa,...
  3. Windows 11 Shutting Down Apps When Entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Shutting Down Apps When Entering Sleep Mode: I am running into an issue with Windows 11 closing all open apps on my desktop when it tries to automatically enter sleep mode.I've tried all combinations of sleep options with hybrid sleep mode enabled v disabled, with sleep set to never and hibernate enabled and vice-versa,...
  4. pc keeps turning on after shutting down and sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps turning on after shutting down and sleep: hello , recently i updated to windows 11 , it ran perfectly for quite some time , but after a while whenever i try to shutdown the computer or try to sleep it , it turns on by itself , i tried everything including updating bios , drivers , registry editor , turning off fast...
  5. pc keeps turning on after shutting down and sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc keeps turning on after shutting down and sleep: hello , recently i updated to windows 11 , it ran perfectly for quite some time , but after a while whenever i try to shutdown the computer or try to sleep it , it turns on by itself , i tried everything including updating bios , drivers , registry editor , turning off fast...
  6. Windows intermittently shuts down after entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows intermittently shuts down after entering Sleep Mode: Hi all, Recently over the past few weeks my computer hasn't been able to enter sleep mode properly. I've got a bit of a strange PC build, which I'm sure is partly to blame, but seen as the problem is only fairly recent I'm not sure how to diagnose or begin to find out what's...
  7. Computers shut down when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computers shut down when entering sleep mode: Hello, I am experiencing problems with some of my customers the number of people affected just keeps growing and growing . When the computers doesn't matter if it's a laptop or a PC enters sleep mode and some time passes - the computer shuts down. We tried checking the...
  8. Windows 10 is shutting down after some time in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is shutting down after some time in sleep mode.: Sometimes, I put my laptop in sleep for a break. If I come back quickly enough, it turns on again and I can continue my work. But if I leave it for long enough, when I open my laptop, I find that it has been shut down and is now booting up. I can't quite say after how much...
  9. PC shutting down after being in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shutting down after being in sleep mode?: I usually put my computer to sleep once I am done for the night but when I get back up in the morning to turn it on it just boots up from shut down mode instead of sleep mode. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/Not-Cynical [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 Sleep Mode Causes Shut Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Sleep Mode Causes Shut Down: Hello I recently downloaded the latest Windows 10 update via restart. Now, whenever I close my computer lid or press the Power Button to put the device to Sleep, every time I wake it up by opening the lid or pressing the Power Button again, it boots up as though it was...