Windows 10: Windwos 10 reinstall and reset

Discus and support Windwos 10 reinstall and reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently ugraded my dell laptop to Windows 10 by downloading from microsoft website. I was having a genuine copy of Windows 8.1. My laptop was runnig... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by siddeshwarpalange, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Windwos 10 reinstall and reset

I recently ugraded my dell laptop to Windows 10 by downloading from microsoft website. I was having a genuine copy of Windows 8.1. My laptop was runnig slow. So I decided to reset and reinstall windows 10. Do I need the windows product key to do it? And if I am not havimg it what should I do?

:)

siddeshwarpalange, Feb 3, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 3, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

Windwos 10 reinstall and reset

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Windwos 10 reinstall and reset

1. Windwos 10 reinstall and reset - Similar Threads - Windwos reinstall reset

2. Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro: Hello.I have a refurbished laptop with Windows 10 Pro, and I need to do a factory reset and remove everything from my laptop.In the activation settings, I can see this. Can I be sure now that after the factory reset, I will not lose my Windows Pro version?Thanks for answare....
  3. Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro: Hello.I have a refurbished laptop with Windows 10 Pro, and I need to do a factory reset and remove everything from my laptop.In the activation settings, I can see this. Can I be sure now that after the factory reset, I will not lose my Windows Pro version?Thanks for answare....
  4. Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to reset group policy in windwos termal windwos 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reset group policy in windwos termal windwos 11 pro: i am having trouble with resetting windows group policy settings i am admin of this laptop PS C:\Users\fired> RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers" && RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy" At line:1 char:47 + RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers" && RD /S...
  6. how to reset group policy in windwos termal windwos 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reset group policy in windwos termal windwos 11 pro: i am having trouble with resetting windows group policy settings i am admin of this laptop PS C:\Users\fired> RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers" && RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy" At line:1 char:47 + RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers" && RD /S...
  7. windwos 10 productkey

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windwos 10 productkey: so i had a laptop that had a built in windows 10 but the motherboard burnt ,now i got a new laptop that doesnt have windows preinstalled is there any way to get the product key from the old laptop {it was nitro 5 an515}...
  8. Screensaver in Windwos 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver in Windwos 10: Simple Question - but is there a simple answer ? How do I add Photos (from W10 Photos folder) to an existing album in Screensaver - and how do I add Edit/delete photos from same Screensaver album ? Thank you in advance....
  9. activet windwos 10

activet windwos 10: hi my pc make a lot of restart and when it open the file was deleted how can I return my files and my windows 10 is not activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activet-windwos-10/f1068594-3a94-43d0-aa57-6333b681741f
  10. mejorar windwos 10

mejorar windwos 10: Mire yo soy junior he estudiado administración de sistemas informáticos en red, no estoy pidiendo trabajo, pero estoy muy descontento con el inicio de windows 10 respecto al de windows 7. En el windows 7 buscaba una aplicación y el sistema me la encontraba al instante...