Windows 10: Windwos Firewall

Discus and support Windwos Firewall in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running build 18252.1000 64bit and windows defender firewall is blocking all traffic. I'm not deeply technical, but after all the usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanMcCormick1, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Windwos Firewall

I'm running build 18252.1000 64bit and windows defender firewall is blocking all traffic.

I'm not deeply technical, but after all the usual troubleshooting and fine-tuning firewall settings, it looks like all traffic is being blocked by defender firewall (no ftp, command pings, etc.). No other virus or firewall is loaded. My router settings are opened up (for this troubleshooting experiment). And if I temporarily install a different firewall it seems to run.

All is well when the firewall is turned off.

Any direction here is greatly appreciated.

Dan

My system: i6700 4GHx, 32GB, gtx1070

Orginal : ***** All traffic blocked by firewall in build 18252.1000 - is it just me?********

:)

DanMcCormick1, Oct 7, 2018

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Windwos Firewall

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windwos Firewall

1. Windwos Firewall - Similar Threads - Windwos Firewall

2. I can't open my settings from Windwos 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open my settings from Windwos 10: I can't open my settings from anywhere.I have tried literally everything on the internet. I just recently did a windows update and since then I have never been able to open my settings....
  3. I can't open my settings from Windwos 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open my settings from Windwos 10: I can't open my settings from anywhere.I have tried literally everything on the internet. I just recently did a windows update and since then I have never been able to open my settings....
  4. I can't open my settings from Windwos 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windwos does not use default app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windwos does not use default app: I have set Cyberlink Photo Director as the default app for *.mp4 files. Yet when I click on an mp4 file, Windows does not open Photo Director but opens a menu to select the app to use See screen shot below. The Photo Director app is highlighted and shown as the default app,...
  6. windwos does not use default app

windwos does not use default app: I have set Cyberlink Photo Director as the default app for *.mp4 files. Yet when I click on an mp4 file, Windows does not open Photo Director but opens a menu to select the app to use See screen shot below. The Photo Director app is highlighted and shown as the default app,...
  7. Update from Windwos 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Windwos 7 to Windows 10: Hy i have a Problem with updating Windwos 7 to Windwos 10.First things first the Problem is i can't update the Windwos 7 because if i do so the Windwos update will install but after reboot Windows crashes.Ican't install Windwos from scratch because it's a Pc how operates a...
  8. Update from Windwos 7 to Windows 10

Update from Windwos 7 to Windows 10: Hy i have a Problem with updating Windwos 7 to Windwos 10.First things first the Problem is i can't update the Windwos 7 because if i do so the Windwos update will install but after reboot Windows crashes.Ican't install Windwos from scratch because it's a Pc how operates a...
  9. Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro: Hello.I have a refurbished laptop with Windows 10 Pro, and I need to do a factory reset and remove everything from my laptop.In the activation settings, I can see this. Can I be sure now that after the factory reset, I will not lose my Windows Pro version?Thanks for answare....
  10. Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro

Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro: Hello.I have a refurbished laptop with Windows 10 Pro, and I need to do a factory reset and remove everything from my laptop.In the activation settings, I can see this. Can I be sure now that after the factory reset, I will not lose my Windows Pro version?Thanks for answare....