Windows 10: Windws 10 laptop and tablet-copying files from laptop to tablet

Discus and support Windws 10 laptop and tablet-copying files from laptop to tablet in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello we have a new windows surface pro tablet and want to copy photo and music files to the tablet from the laptop. how do I do this? we want the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by denzilrodda, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Windws 10 laptop and tablet-copying files from laptop to tablet

hello

we have a new windows surface pro tablet and want to copy photo and music files to the tablet from the laptop. how do I do this? we want the photos folder and the music folder on the laptop to be the same on both machines. I have set up network sharing, but this only works while both are on our home network.

once this has been done, is there any way to ensure that if one folder is updated that the matching folder on the other machine is automatically updated?

:)

denzilrodda, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

tablet vs laptop

with your lower budget, the tablet is the way to go.

they're a poor mans laptop as far as work goes, but they're cheaper and more portable.

cant charge a laptop from a USB port on any other PC.
    cant get a laptop that fits in a pocket with wifi, BT, GPS, and 3G.

without a BT (or USB, because you can connect straight to USB with most tablets and an OTG cable) keyboard, productivity will be slow. but you can always get a BT keyboard + case combination, and turn the tablet into a netbook equivalent really easily.

Mussels, Aug 4, 2019
  3. tablet vs laptop

I would buy both.. hehehe Get a refurbished laptop and a refurbished tablet.

laptop

Tablet

Mindweaver, Aug 4, 2019
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Windws 10 laptop and tablet-copying files from laptop to tablet

how to convert a laptop into the tablet?

My Toshiba work laptop does this though these laptop/tablets are too heavy and bulky to be used as a tablet for any lenght of time anyway.

Honestly OP, spend $100 on a cheap Android 4 tablet, would be a lot better than using an old laptop.

NdMk2o1o, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Windws 10 laptop and tablet-copying files from laptop to tablet

1. Windws 10 laptop and tablet-copying files from laptop to tablet - Similar Threads - Windws laptop tablet

2. Laptop Tablet mode problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Tablet mode problem: Hello there!I have HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2.I've problem with it's touchscreen. When i flip screen to use it in tablet mode, after reaching 270 degree rotation, the touchscreen stops working. So I am unable to use the main service and reason i purchased it"The tablet mode...
  3. Laptop Tablet mode problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Tablet mode problem: Hello there!I have HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2.I've problem with it's touchscreen. When i flip screen to use it in tablet mode, after reaching 270 degree rotation, the touchscreen stops working. So I am unable to use the main service and reason i purchased it"The tablet mode...
  4. unresponsive tablet/laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unresponsive tablet/laptop: my linx 12V32 laptop stopped turning on after restart pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-tabletlaptop/62071872-0c88-4f07-945a-af0e0310350c
  5. Copying files to Android Tablet (or phone)

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files to Android Tablet (or phone): I am trying to copy a folder with several files inside DCIM folder of Android destination device. If I interrupt copy and resume afterwards Windows 10 tells me some files already exist with same name. If I choose not to copy and put a checkmark on "do the same for all...
  6. laptop&tablet devices disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop&tablet devices disappeared: My Aspire Switch 10 laptop-tablet hybrid has lost its camera, loudspeaker and microphone. In device management they are any more visible. And tablet feature touch screen not available any more. Windows 10 version 1909 loaded ok. What to do?...
  7. Microsoft recognizing laptop as a tablet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft recognizing laptop as a tablet: Help! We bought my daughter a cheaper laptop for christmas. It is running Windows 10. When i add it to “my devices,” it is recognizing the laptop as a tablet. The whole reason she wanted the laptop was for minecraft which will not load since it thinks it a tablet. We bought...
  8. Whatsapp on Laptop/Tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whatsapp on Laptop/Tablet: I am thinking of buying a Win10 Tablet/PC (similar to the Surface Pro) I have no experience of these and don't know anyone who has one. Does anyone know if it is possible to install the Whatsapp Desktop programme on these types of device - I have it installed on my...
  9. laptop and tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop and tablet: how can I use my laptop and tablet together it was working and now the tablet is not working correctly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-and-tablet/894c08f1-fce3-4ca0-ac03-319a846fb714
  10. Hybrid Laptop/Tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid Laptop/Tablet: So first, I don't know if this is the correct board for posting this. If its not, then forgive me and please move this topic where it should be. Now, as a student, I bought 2-3 months ago a quite nice computer for its price - and good enough for my daily requirements....