Windows 10: WINDWS 10, mmc.exe, services.msc "This app has been blocked for your protection"

Discus and support WINDWS 10, mmc.exe, services.msc "This app has been blocked for your protection" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Turned out to be Cryptsvc was disabled [cryptographic services]; rebooting the computer allowed the system to check certs; processhacker allowed me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tutu_312, Dec 14, 2019.

1. tutu_312 Win User

WINDWS 10, mmc.exe, services.msc "This app has been blocked for your protection"

Turned out to be Cryptsvc was disabled [cryptographic services]; rebooting the computer allowed the system to check certs; processhacker allowed me to restart the service and fix the problem, "net start cryptsvc" did not work for me.

You can test this out by disabling cryptsvc and trying to load services.msc.

:)

tutu_312, Dec 14, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

For mmc.exe I get "This app has been blocked for your protection"

You're able to open MMC.exe now?

For mmc.exe I get - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Dec 14, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    For mmc.exe I get "This app has been blocked for your protection"

@ricecrispies

Your statement above....

Try to start it yourself. See what happens. It is only a shell for the Microsoft Management Console.

In the search at bottom left of taskbar (Cortana box), type MMC. First choice at top of results box should be

WINDWS 10, mmc.exe, services.msc "This app has been blocked for your protection" [​IMG]

Click that choice. You should get

WINDWS 10, mmc.exe, services.msc "This app has been blocked for your protection" [​IMG]

It doesn't do anything by itself, it's only a shell. It needs "snap-ins" added to it in order to actually do something. Event Viewer is an example of a MMC with a snap-in for viewing system logged events.

If you can get to this, then your other "programs" that are calling MMC don't have the privilege to run it.

Be cautious deleting Catroot or Catroot2. They are used by Windows Update. More info here: How do I Delete all contents of catroot2 folder but leave the catroot2 - Microsoft Community

f14tomcat, Dec 14, 2019
  4. sharonVJ Win User

WINDWS 10, mmc.exe, services.msc "This app has been blocked for your protection"

This App has been blocked for your protection - Windows 10 Professional

This App has been blocked for your protection - Windows 10 Professional

New HP Workstation running Windows 10 Professional.

I've installed the Sage Accounts main program OK.

But I need to apply a patch to bring it up to the same version number as on the old PC, otherwise it will not run - data is from a later version of sage and it shuts down.

Getting the 'This App has been blocked for your protection" message.

• I've tried right-clicking the exe file to run as administrator - no joy
    • I've googled various suggestions, non of which seem to apply - perhaps there is difference on W10Pro?

including regedit - couldn't find the file to change.

in file properties there isn't an unblock option

another suggestion to find the 'hidden administrator' account also didn't work

etc etc
    I'm stuck!

The Sage accounts program will not run until I apply this patch.

Location of the patch file: c:/Windows/ProgramData/Sage/SBD Software Updates/Downloaded

Please help

Thank you

sharonVJ, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

1. WINDWS 10, mmc.exe, services.msc "This app has been blocked for your protection" - Similar Threads - WINDWS mmc exe

2. This APP has been blocked for your protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This APP has been blocked for your protection: Hello, This game I am playing has just had an update. I was trying to install it but it doesn't let me fully access the client loader. When Its finishing the update install the following error appears *Use Account Control This app has been blocked for your protection....
  3. This app has been blocked for your protection

This app has been blocked for your protection: I'm getting this error. I'm trying to run device manager because after a restart one of my dual screen monitors isn't being detected - a problem that recurs regularly. I wouldn't mind solving both of these problems [ATTACH]...
  4. 'this app has been blocked for your protection'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'this app has been blocked for your protection': the following box pops up when I go to use a program that has been on computer since February this year and used then as well. has not been used nearly 2 months, then go to use and this happens. I have norton on comp from before non-loading program was on comp box ......
  5. This app has been blocked for your protection

This app has been blocked for your protection: When ever I try to open Windows device manager I see this message : "An administrator has blocked you from running this app, for more info contact the administrator" MMC.exe But I am the administrator ! If not how to know it. I have disabled my antivirus still the same...
  6. THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION: THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-protection/2c72b92a-e3f3-41cb-b7c4-00537d4f75a0"
  7. MMC. is blocked. this app has been blocked for your protection. an administrator has...

MMC. is blocked. this app has been blocked for your protection. an administrator has...: So far I've tried everything I can. I checked for malware, changed the security settings and took ownership of it, but it didn't help. I've disabled smart screen and changed the UAC settings, reset the local security policy to default and chacked in group policy if there are...
  8. This app has been blocked for your protection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This app has been blocked for your protection.: Windows won't let me download my printer driver on my new laptop. It asks for Administrator permission, except I am the administrator [ATTACH]...
  9. This app has been blocked for your protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app has been blocked for your protection: The latest update of Win 10 has obviously tightened up security . . . to the point where it won't allow me run SqlBackUpandFTP any more. I logged in as the (hidden) Administrator and got it working there OK, but when I Logged in as myself again, it still wouldn't work...
  10. "This App has been blocked for your protection"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "This App has been blocked for your protection": I'm trying to install additional driver for my printer/scanner from the CD but I keep getting the message above when I try autorun or setup from the disc with the following additional comment: "An administrator has blocked you from running this app, For more information,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mmc.exe administrator has blocked cryptsvc