Windows 10: Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...

Discus and support Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm currently making a small screen dimming program in C# that uses black windows forms with an adjustable opacity. In order to be able to dim the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xiao yi Hu, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...

I'm currently making a small screen dimming program in C# that uses black windows forms with an adjustable opacity. In order to be able to dim the windows start menu as well as alt+tab and win+tab menu's I've declared the program to be accessibility as described in the top answer in this stack overflow post.My program is currently:1. Declaring level="requireAdministrator" and uiAccess="true" in app.manifest.2. Calling topmost = true; in my overlay forms.3. Signed using a self-signed certificate.4. Running from Program Files.By doing all this my program is now able to draw on top of the previou

:)

xiao yi Hu, Feb 12, 2024

2. Start menu overlay

I have been having a translucent overlay over my start menu whenever I open it for the first time. I can close it then open it again to make it go away. I am also unable to type to search with the start menu.

ErrantParsley47, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Paulo GM Win User
    Adding programs to "open with" menu?

Hi TK, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.

You should be able to add a program in Open With if you're able to open the file with that app. Here are the steps:

- Right-click on any .stl file

- Hover on Open with > Choose another app

- Once the list of apps opens, scroll down and click More apps

- Scroll down again then click Look for another app on this PC

- Locate and choose the program

- Once the file has been opened by the app, close it and check if the app is now on the Open with list

- To locate the program, it would be easier to right-click on the app in the Start menu > More > Open file location.

- Once the File Explorer opens the list of Start menu programs, right-click on the shortcut of the app then click on 'Open file location' once again.

Paulo GM, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...

Screen dim when using some program.

Hi,

It is happening for a long time now. I start to get annoyed with the screen dims whenever I change to a different program.

Example;

• When I'm using Movie & TV to watch a video that I downloaded. In the main menu, the screen was bright. But then it starts dimming when I want to watch video fullscreen. I opened the
      Action Center to change the brightness but its already on 100%.
    • The program that I frequently use is Avast Secure Browser (preferred browser) is bright than the other program like
      Desktop Telegram (even in a restored window) then it starts to dim.

My eye starts to get hurt by seeing the screen changing brightness frequently (especially in the dark). I tried to find a solution but could not find any. even though this is a small thing. But it makes me less productive when I am making music. I tried
    restarting my laptop multiple times already but still did not solve the problem.

A laptop that I'm using is HP Revolve 810 running Windows 10.

Adi Aiman Putra, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...

1. Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or... - Similar Threads - Winforms screen dimming

2. Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winforms screen dimming overlay program gets drawn twice when opening/closing start menu or...: I'm currently making a small screen dimming program in C# that uses black windows forms with an adjustable opacity. In order to be able to dim the windows start menu as well as alt+tab and win+tab menu's I've declared the program to be accessibility as described in the top...
  3. Start menu closes immediately when open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu closes immediately when open: When I click or press the shortcut key the start menu closes immediately. It only flashes for second and does nothing. I tried restarting the PC but still wont make it. This issue only occurs after I perform system restore on the device for different concern....
  4. Start menu closes immediately when open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu closes immediately when open: When I click or press the shortcut key the start menu closes immediately. It only flashes for second and does nothing. I tried restarting the PC but still wont make it. This issue only occurs after I perform system restore on the device for different concern....
  5. Start menu closes immediately when open

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. There's a glitch when opening programs from the start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's a glitch when opening programs from the start menu.: Windows Version: Windows 11 22H2When I press the Windows Key and type in an program for example Notepad and then try to start typing nothing happens, so I have to ALT + Tab to the window but then while I type while nothing is selected and the open the start menu again the...
  7. There's a glitch when opening programs from the start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There's a glitch when opening programs from the start menu.: Windows Version: Windows 11 22H2When I press the Windows Key and type in an program for example Notepad and then try to start typing nothing happens, so I have to ALT + Tab to the window but then while I type while nothing is selected and the open the start menu again the...
  8. When I open the start menu, it just closes

When I open the start menu, it just closes: When I press the windows key, the start menu comes up for a split second then closes. If you can give any suggestions or solutions to help me fix it that would be greatly appreciated....
  9. On reboot & closing programs, Start Menu opens. Need to see Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    On reboot & closing programs, Start Menu opens. Need to see Desktop: When my computer boots, the default is to open to the start menu. I want to see the Desktop. Here are my settings for Start: [img] I've clicked and unclicked that button that is supposed to start it stop it to no avail. How can I permanently change this default. I'm used...
  10. Start menu overlay

Start menu overlay: I have been having a translucent overlay over my start menu whenever I open it for the first time. I can close it then open it again to make it go away. I am also unable to type to search with the start menu....