Windows 10: Winfows wont activate after hardware change.

Discus and support Winfows wont activate after hardware change. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded my system. After getting everything setup I installed Windows on my new M.2 drive. I made sure that my license was attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Velonici, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Velonici Win User

Winfows wont activate after hardware change.

Hello,

I recently upgraded my system. After getting everything setup I installed Windows on my new M.2 drive. I made sure that my license was attached to my account. When I try to activate windows using the troubleshooter it will come up with the 2 licenses on my account 1 on my laptop, the other my desktop. I click the box for my old desktop and after it says that "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.."
    I have been trying for a few days now. I even put my old SSD which still has windows installed into my girlfriends PC, who I gave my old hardware to, and windows is active there. I had no issues activating windows using her account with her old license on my old hardware. Here is a screen shot of my license info. I got Windows 10 when I upgraded from a Windows 7 pro account.

Thanks,

Velonici

Winfows wont activate after hardware change. 0c04cb07-ef79-4396-8ca2-267f6eb82da6?upload=true.png

P. S. Im also having trouble activating my girlfriends moms account as well. She got my girlfriends old hardware. But I can make a new post about that.

:)

Velonici, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 wont "Activate" after hardware upgrade

Hi, fcp4life,

Follow the steps listed in this Support Doc.

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/...

If you made a significant hardware change to your device (such as replacing the motherboard), Windows 10 might no longer be activated and you might see the activation error codes 0x803f7001 or 0xC004C008.

If your Original Hardware Manufacturer (OEM) changed the motherboard for you, your PC should reactivate automatically or you should be provided with a replacement product key. If you see the Activation error “Unable to reach Windows activation servers,” then
    follow the steps in this additional help article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/...

Smittychat., Feb 7, 2020
  4. Winfows wont activate after hardware change.

Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Winfows wont activate after hardware change.

1. Winfows wont activate after hardware change. - Similar Threads - Winfows wont activate

2. Windows Wont Activate After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Wont Activate After Hardware Change: My Motherboard was burnt out, and got changed , now windows is not activated and wont reactivate.I tried contacting microsoft support with live chat, got to wait for 1 hour with 50+ customers and then it closed before it even opened reference ID "7034147675", I am trying to...
  3. Windows activation wont work after hardware change.

Windows activation wont work after hardware change.: I have recently upgraded my computer hardware such as the motherboard and CPU. I still have my Windows 10 Pro product key with Windows 10 Pro installed but it won't let me activate it despite the product key being in Windows already. Using the troubleshooter doesn't help and...
  4. Activation After Hardware change.

Activation After Hardware change.: Hi I downloaded Windows 10 Home some time ago and it activated with a digital licence linked to my account. I decided to upgrade the motherboard but now it won't reactivate ,I'm logged into my account and clicked I changed my hardware selected the device but it won't...
  5. Activation after hardware change

Activation after hardware change: So I recently changed my motherboard, cpu and memory and reinstalled windows 10 corrupt sys 32 or something idk. Obviously, I then had to reactivate windows but when I tried to it told me that I had already reactivated windows using that key. I never have. Is this something...
  6. Windows wont active with digital key after hardware change

Windows wont active with digital key after hardware change: Hi, I recently built a new PC and have just installed Windows 10 Pro, I have a digital key and I have followed all the instructions of logging into my account and it should activate but it does not. I get this error code though0xC004F213...
  7. Activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after hardware change: I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. I had Windows 10 Pro installed with a product key that i do not have access to. Before i did the hardware change, i made sure that it was linked to my account. I went to activation in the settings and it said "Windows is...
  8. Windows 10 wont activate after hardware change?

Windows 10 wont activate after hardware change?: Recently got my motherboard replaced so I'm trying to reactivate windows, however it doesn't let me? There are no other devices still activated on the copy of windows as well (checked my other devices) Any help? It's windows 10 pro....
  9. activation after hardware change

activation after hardware change: I got a new motherboard and power supply for Christmas, and threw them in yesterday. I didn't change or reset the ssd's, windows did its little driver update thing for 2 minutes, and loaded in. all was well, but now I get this annoying note telling me to activate windows. I...
  10. Activation after Hardware Changes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after Hardware Changes.: I've recently rebuilt my PC with completely new Mobo, CPU and RAM. However, my HDD is the same and I've just plugged it in straight from my old PC, without using any sort of transfer utility. Windows is now telling me it is not activated , and when I click on "recent hardware...