Windows 10: Winget error, i cannot install some apps in windows terminal or regular powershell using winget

Discus and support Winget error, i cannot install some apps in windows terminal or regular powershell using winget in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am the only account on my windows 10 home and am administrator. I get this error while trying to install discord, it's not happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kilim4n, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Winget error, i cannot install some apps in windows terminal or regular powershell using winget

Winget error, i cannot install some apps in windows terminal or regular powershell using winget ya-WsSXjkl4aaBwW0Qq9wXtZuFius1Iu6kAqpBweBmo.jpg

I am the only account on my windows 10 home and am administrator.

I get this error while trying to install discord, it's not happening with every app though, only a few.

In regular powershell ran as admin it's giving me the same error with path : C:\Users\KILIM4N\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\WinGet

This folder is read-only and goes back to read only even after i uncheck the box, i read that some windows updates can mess up these permissions, not sure if it's related.

The discord exe is there though so it is being written.

I am not an expert in permissions or these kinds of errors, anyone can help ?

https://preview.redd.it/jusy0v5uml3...bp&s=6d8b8d6ffb7939330477da352d58e4ba4cdf9589

https://preview.redd.it/w8nexkuhol3...bp&s=34518bf9b48e0ecbc6fbd441b1c1969ae835219f

submitted by /u/kilim4n
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kilim4n, Jun 7, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft announces Windows Package Manager Preview for Windows 10

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...nager-preview/

See also: Windows Package Manager Client at GitHib

Brink, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Winget error, i cannot install some apps in windows terminal or regular powershell using winget

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Winget error, i cannot install some apps in windows terminal or regular powershell using winget :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Winget error, i cannot install some apps in windows terminal or regular powershell using winget

1. Winget error, i cannot install some apps in windows terminal or regular powershell using winget - Similar Threads - Winget error cannot

2. Dev Home Installation failed via winget from PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dev Home Installation failed via winget from PowerShell: Hello Everyone:I was trying to install all updates/upgrades via PowerShell Winget, but it failed with below error message:--------------------------------------------------------Installing dependencies: This package requires the following dependencies: - Packages...
  3. Use winget to download apps but not install?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Use winget to download apps but not install?: I'd like to download certain apps from the Windows store e.g. Movies & TV and then install them on lab systems that don't have Internet connectivity. Is this possible?...
  4. Use winget to download apps but not install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use winget to download apps but not install?: I'd like to download certain apps from the Windows store e.g. Movies & TV and then install them on lab systems that don't have Internet connectivity. Is this possible?...
  5. Use winget to download apps but not install?

6. I'm not able to install Winget App installer

I'm not able to install Winget App installer: I've been trying to download the App Installer, or simply Winget. But, all my attempts have been unsuccessful. Tried to download it from GitHub, but after opening the installation file, this error comes up:I also tried downloading it from Microsoft Store, but it says "App is...
  7. I'm not able to install Winget App installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm not able to install Winget App installer: I've been trying to download the App Installer, or simply Winget. But, all my attempts have been unsuccessful. Tried to download it from GitHub, but after opening the installation file, this error comes up:I also tried downloading it from Microsoft Store, but it says "App is...
  8. WinGet

WinGet: I'm getting an error: 0x80072f7c when I try to download or upgrade something with winget. I'm so confused. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winget/b1349e4d-36a7-425c-a097-316b95356953
  9. winget

winget: Thought I would have a look at the new package installer but when trying to run it i get "winget : The term 'winget' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet" on 21H1. 180245
  10. winget

in Windows 10 Support
    winget: Thought I would have a look at the new package installer but when trying to run it i get "winget : The term 'winget' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet" on 21H1. 180245