Windows 10: Winget is AMAZING (and you should use it)

Discus and support Winget is AMAZING (and you should use it) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just installed Winget Insider on my PC and it is SUUUCHH an easier way to install apps. Microsoft is going in a really good direction there and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tonny5935, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Winget is AMAZING (and you should use it)

I just installed Winget Insider on my PC and it is SUUUCHH an easier way to install apps. Microsoft is going in a really good direction there and i really am excited to possibly see it built into Windows Winget is AMAZING (and you should use it) :D

To get it, you sign up to the winget insider by entering your ms account email. Then after a while you can sign into your Msstore with that email then update an app called App Installer. Then you have winget available in CMD.

It may take time, it took me around 24 hours to get into the beta.

submitted by /u/Tonny5935
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tonny5935, Jan 3, 2021

2. How secure is Microsoft Windows "Winget" (Package Manager)

I got interested in Microsoft's new package manager for Windows called Winget. I installed it and I really like the wide range of software available. However, I question the security of these repositories Winget is installing apps from. How secure are
    these repositories and can a generic antivirus scan these installed packages?

Jayden (MagicCrayon9342), Jan 3, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Package Manager v0.2.2521 Preview released

Source: Releases . microsoft/winget-cli . GitHub

Brink, Jan 3, 2021
  4. MGF Derp Win User

Winget is AMAZING (and you should use it)

The AMD Phenom II OC'ers Club

Yeah you might need a mobo with better power phase. Check this thread AMD Motherboards - VRM info database and notice you have a 4+1, would want to look into a 8 phase for serious overclocking. Or list what your bios settings are at and suggestions can be made from there.

MGF Derp, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Winget is AMAZING (and you should use it)

1. Winget is AMAZING (and you should use it) - Similar Threads - Winget AMAZING should

2. Use winget to download apps but not install?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Use winget to download apps but not install?: I'd like to download certain apps from the Windows store e.g. Movies & TV and then install them on lab systems that don't have Internet connectivity. Is this possible?...
  3. Use winget to download apps but not install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use winget to download apps but not install?: I'd like to download certain apps from the Windows store e.g. Movies & TV and then install them on lab systems that don't have Internet connectivity. Is this possible?...
  4. Use winget to download apps but not install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why you should NOT use custom themes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why you should NOT use custom themes: So I was trying to make Windows 10 look like Vista fair enough. I found a theme made by some dude on DeviantArt can't remember his name for the life of me who made some cool Vista themes. I tried them but then I realized I didn't patch the UX dlls you see where this is going...
  6. WinGet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinGet: I'm getting an error: 0x80072f7c when I try to download or upgrade something with winget. I'm so confused. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winget/b1349e4d-36a7-425c-a097-316b95356953
  7. winget

in Windows 10 Support
    winget: Thought I would have a look at the new package installer but when trying to run it i get "winget : The term 'winget' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet" on 21H1. 180245
  8. 10 Amazing Windows Shortcuts You Aren't Using

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    10 Amazing Windows Shortcuts You Aren't Using: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ialwaysmanagetofckup [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nhrahx/10_amazing_windows_shortcuts_you_arent_using/
  9. 10 Amazing Windows Shortcuts You Aren't Using

10 Amazing Windows Shortcuts You Aren't Using: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ialwaysmanagetofckup [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nhpvhg/10_amazing_windows_shortcuts_you_arent_using/
  10. Which Windows 10 feature amazes you?

Which Windows 10 feature amazes you?: My favorites are: WIN+; , snip & sketch submitted by /u/UseAirName [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gg8sr1/which_windows_10_feature_amazes_you/