Windows 10: WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start

Discus and support WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I may be way over my pay-grade on this. My computer is a Lenovo X201 with an Intel i7 CPU M620 @ 2.67 GHz, 1 TB of disk storage and 8 MB of Ram using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnMal, Apr 30, 2019.

1. JohnMal Win User

WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start

I may be way over my pay-grade on this. My computer is a Lenovo X201 with an Intel i7 CPU M620 @ 2.67 GHz, 1 TB of disk storage and 8 MB of Ram using Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, OS Build 17763.437.

My computer has been extremely slow on start-up and shows 100% of disk usage for about 13 minutes even though Task Manager shows very few processes are using little of these resources. I have disabled a number of programs with little change. I have run programs to clean up the registry (CCleaner) and malware (Malwarebytes). Nothing seems to help. I have run "chkdsk /f /r" - it get to 11% and then sits there for hours, and after 4 to 6 hours I believe it crashes. I say believe because I never was watching when it stops. However, Event Viewer shows a number of Errors about the time of the "crashes." The first of these errors is always "The iphlpsvc service depends on the WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start because of the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it." Services (Services and Applications shows the program to be disabled. To the best of my knowledge I have not disabled this program; this may have been done a few years ago when I had it serviced. Under Actions, all options are greyed out.

Should I enable WinHttpAutoProxySvc service, and, if so, how do I do this?

:)

JohnMal, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Edito Win User

Dependencey Service Failed To start

Hi ppl hope everthigs good there cause im not at all, i turned on my computer yesterday and got network errors like this: in the network icon only appear statys:unknown and below that appear the dependency service or group failed to start and i don't have any network service working in my computer and i tried to start them manually and nothing lots off errors tried to start Diagnostic Policy, dhcp and other network services and nothing any help will be appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

Edito, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Castiel Win User
    Dependencey Service Failed To start

Screenshots please.

Castiel, Apr 30, 2019
  4. WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start

Help with the Windows Search Service failed

Hi,

Having some damaged system components is one of the possible causes why the services in the system are failing. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest refreshing the Windows Search service. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to pull-up the Run box.
    • In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Services window, look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Pull-up the Services window again.
    • Look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Start.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start

1. WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start - Similar Threads - WinHttpAutoProxySvc service failed

2. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start: My computer has been restarting with no BSOD or warning whenever I try to play some more intense games, recently HellDivers 2.I noticed in the event log a couple of errors in the Event Viewer right before the most recent shutdown and addressed those but this one I am...
  3. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start: i keep getting PC to crash on the new windows 10 installationi also am getting the error from event viewer:"The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error: WinRing0_1_2_0 is not a valid Win32 application."i ran FRST64 and got the FIRST.exe and the...
  4. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start: i keep getting PC to crash on the new windows 10 installationi also am getting the error from event viewer:"The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error: WinRing0_1_2_0 is not a valid Win32 application."i ran FRST64 and got the FIRST.exe and the...
  5. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Exchange 2019 services which are not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exchange 2019 services which are not starting: Dear Microsoft, We have an exchange server 2019 that is giving us multiple errors. The screenshot shows the services which are not starting. Tried to manually start the services with domain admin account, still not starting. Disabled all anti-virus, firewall applications,...
  7. Exchange 2019 services which are not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exchange 2019 services which are not starting: Dear Microsoft, We have an exchange server 2019 that is giving us multiple errors. The screenshot shows the services which are not starting. Tried to manually start the services with domain admin account, still not starting. Disabled all anti-virus, firewall applications,...
  8. Exchange 2019 services which are not starting

9. winring0_1_2_0 service failed to start

winring0_1_2_0 service failed to start: Hello, recently my computer crashing a lots, eventhough I don't open too much apps. And the apps keep freezing and I have to end task it. I looked up the Event viewer and find out that this error is pop up around that timeThe WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the...
  10. Is it safe to disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc service in Windows Pro 20H2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc service in Windows Pro 20H2?: Hello, I wonder, if it is safe to disable WinHttpAutoProxySvc in Windows 10 pro 20H2. I don't use IPHelper, or Intel DAL. Nor do I use proxy. But it says it is also for win32 API for sending COM requests over http. Also I noticed at some point startup was greyed out in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the iphlpsvc service depends on the winhttpautoproxysvc service which failed to start because of the following error:

2. iphlpsvc service depends on the winhttpautoproxysvc