Windows 10: WinInet Broker and Cache servers issue at startup

Discus and support WinInet Broker and Cache servers issue at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since a couple of weeks I've been nagged by the error screens on the Distributed COM errors. After examining Even Viewer it's clear it refers to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikolajek, Aug 16, 2017.

1. mikolajek Win User

WinInet Broker and Cache servers issue at startup

Since a couple of weeks I've been nagged by the error screens on the Distributed COM errors. After examining Even Viewer it's clear it refers to the WinInet Broker Server and WinInet Cache server instances. The errors are well-known 10010 errors saying: The server {xxxxx} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

The problem is that the standard solution recommended on many forums (and which in fact I've already successfully used in the past) doesn't work. The solution involves granting additional permissions in the DCOM Configuration Editor. In my case I've added all recommended permissions and when it failed to have any effect I've added virtually any user/service I could find to have the right to launch those. Yet, I'm still obtaining those errors at the startup... It takes about 7-8 errors related to WinInet Broker and 1-2 related to WinInet Cache.

Unfortunately I can't really identify the moment in time I've started to receive those issues, so I can't really bind them to any specific application I might have installed.

Can anyone suggest any further tips on how to investigate the issues source and how to get rid of it? Since this is a work laptop I can't really reinstall the OS, but I'm having admin rights, so I can modify it.

:)

mikolajek, Aug 16, 2017
  2. UGHsigh Win User

Reminders WinRT OOP Server - High CPU Usage

Windows 10 Creator Fall update

Reminders WinRT OOP Server (3)

Cortana Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy

C:\Windows\SystemApps

Runtime Broker RuntimeBroker.exe

C:\Windows\System32

Reminders WinRT OOP RemindersServer.exe

Server C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy

CPU usage for above 36%. This continues after boot. I do not use Cortana. Cortana is 'turned off.'

This is unacceptable.

To "On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable." is not a solution as the rest of the tasks in Task Manager are NOT Cortana, Runtime Broker,
    OR Reminders WinRT OOP Server.

This tech response is the classic "third party vendor" excuse.

To be clear, this is a CORTANA issue not an issue with any other task on Task Manager.

UGHsigh, Aug 16, 2017
  3. mike1314 Win User
    Task manager

Trying to reset window store cache opened task manger and no windows store or broker? Now what I did windows reset.

mike1314, Aug 16, 2017
Thema:

WinInet Broker and Cache servers issue at startup

1. WinInet Broker and Cache servers issue at startup - Similar Threads - WinInet Broker Cache

2. DFS cache issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DFS cache issue: We have a domain which has 6 different sites, 3 of the sites has a DC and a DFS server. To make this easier to see:Site A: DC + DFS + PCsSite B: DC + DFS + PCsSite C: DC +DFS + PCsSite D: just PCs, all PCs point DNS to site A plus DFSSite E: just PCS all PCs point DNS to site...
  3. DFS cache issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DFS cache issue: We have a domain which has 6 different sites, 3 of the sites has a DC and a DFS server. To make this easier to see:Site A: DC + DFS + PCsSite B: DC + DFS + PCsSite C: DC +DFS + PCsSite D: just PCs, all PCs point DNS to site A plus DFSSite E: just PCS all PCs point DNS to site...
  4. Windows Cache Server issue. The following scenario causing the issue for a particular request.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Cache Server issue. The following scenario causing the issue for a particular request.: We have a legacy application. The Application has 3 web server and 3 application cache servers load balance to each other respectively. All these servers are Windows 2008 R2 servers.We have a simple grid of users and from where we are redirecting to the user details page. For...
  5. Windows Cache Server issue. The following scenario causing the issue for a particular request.

Windows Cache Server issue. The following scenario causing the issue for a particular request.: We have a legacy application. The Application has 3 web server and 3 application cache servers load balance to each other respectively. All these servers are Windows 2008 R2 servers.We have a simple grid of users and from where we are redirecting to the user details page. For...
  6. Issues with Remote Desktop Connection Broker High Availability on Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Remote Desktop Connection Broker High Availability on Windows Server 2016: Hi all,I'm having troubles configuring RD Connection Broker High Availability on Windows Server 2016.The initial setup on the first Connection Broker worked well, using a shared database server configuration.However, if I'm now trying to add the second Connection, I receive...
  7. Issues with Remote Desktop Connection Broker High Availability on Windows Server 2016

Issues with Remote Desktop Connection Broker High Availability on Windows Server 2016: Hi all,I'm having troubles configuring RD Connection Broker High Availability on Windows Server 2016.The initial setup on the first Connection Broker worked well, using a shared database server configuration.However, if I'm now trying to add the second Connection, I receive...
  8. Windows Cache Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Cache Issue: Hi guys, I am using windows 10, and it's working really nice. I have one little issue and idk how I can solve it. I try to search on the internet for a solution but till now nothing worked. Some people say its browser cache and others say its windows cache. I want to know how...
  9. Runtime broker !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Runtime broker !: For quite a few weeks now I seem to be getting this message fairly frequently when I click on "Setting's" in Windows 10. As anyone got any ideas what is causing it ? RuntimeBroker The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation ! Read...
  10. WSReset purge cache issue

WSReset purge cache issue: Here's my setup. I have three accounts, a local admin, an MS account, and a local standard user. I can't run Windows Store properly on my MS account, while it runs fine on the local standard user. A window just briefly flashes before closing. I deleted the MS account, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wininet cache server

2. WinInetCacheServer

3. wininetcache re-register

4. wininet broker server,
  5. wininet!CCacheServerConnection