Windows 10: WinInet Broker and Cache servers issue at startup

Discus and support WinInet Broker and Cache servers issue at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since a couple of weeks I've been nagged by the error screens on the Distributed COM errors. After examining Even Viewer it's clear it refers to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikolajek, Aug 16, 2017.

1. mikolajek Win User

WinInet Broker and Cache servers issue at startup

Since a couple of weeks I've been nagged by the error screens on the Distributed COM errors. After examining Even Viewer it's clear it refers to the WinInet Broker Server and WinInet Cache server instances. The errors are well-known 10010 errors saying: The server {xxxxx} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

The problem is that the standard solution recommended on many forums (and which in fact I've already successfully used in the past) doesn't work. The solution involves granting additional permissions in the DCOM Configuration Editor. In my case I've added all recommended permissions and when it failed to have any effect I've added virtually any user/service I could find to have the right to launch those. Yet, I'm still obtaining those errors at the startup... It takes about 7-8 errors related to WinInet Broker and 1-2 related to WinInet Cache.

Unfortunately I can't really identify the moment in time I've started to receive those issues, so I can't really bind them to any specific application I might have installed.

Can anyone suggest any further tips on how to investigate the issues source and how to get rid of it? Since this is a work laptop I can't really reinstall the OS, but I'm having admin rights, so I can modify it.

:)

mikolajek, Aug 16, 2017
  2. UGHsigh Win User

Reminders WinRT OOP Server - High CPU Usage

Windows 10 Creator Fall update

Reminders WinRT OOP Server (3)

Cortana Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy

C:\Windows\SystemApps

Runtime Broker RuntimeBroker.exe

C:\Windows\System32

Reminders WinRT OOP RemindersServer.exe

Server C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy

CPU usage for above 36%. This continues after boot. I do not use Cortana. Cortana is 'turned off.'

This is unacceptable.

To "On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable." is not a solution as the rest of the tasks in Task Manager are NOT Cortana, Runtime Broker,
    OR Reminders WinRT OOP Server.

This tech response is the classic "third party vendor" excuse.

To be clear, this is a CORTANA issue not an issue with any other task on Task Manager.

UGHsigh, Aug 16, 2017
  3. mike1314 Win User
    Task manager

Trying to reset window store cache opened task manger and no windows store or broker? Now what I did windows reset.

mike1314, Aug 16, 2017
Thema:

WinInet Broker and Cache servers issue at startup

1. WinInet Broker and Cache servers issue at startup - Similar Threads - WinInet Broker Cache

2. Startup Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Issues: I recently got a new laptop and installed Windows 10 on the SSD. The laptop came with a HDD with a substantial amount of storage space so i also have it in my device. When trying to boot up my device, however, the HDD seems to cause problems. Windows will get stuck in the...
  3. Startup issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup issue: Just wondering if anyone is experiencing some of their programs "opening" when you turn on or startup your computer. These are programs that did not open up before. Example: When turning on the computer today, Internet Explorer opened up. The other day, Excel opened up....
  4. Startup Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup Issues: On the startup screen that usually shows the time, date, etc., I have been having a serious issue. It doesn’t show anything at all except the Internet, ease of access, and power buttons on the bottom right. No button I press will bring up the login screen, and to access the...
  5. server issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    server issues: I can log into everyting on my tablet, but on the laptop, ie, facebook, ebay….it is saying that I have a server issue, with a big red triangle/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-issues/823b0bbb-c53d-408a-ac11-e59dae529ef3
  6. Runtime broker !

Runtime broker !: After various feedbacks and suggestions I am still having problems with Runtime broker. Every time I boot up and go into "Settings" this appears" The group or resource not in the correct state ! I am using Windows 10 which is updated daily and apart from this problem is...
  7. runtime broker

runtime broker: Hi what's this message and how I can solve this problem ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/runtime-broker/31eef849-4567-4e66-985e-859640d99b6a
  8. Server issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server issues: I can't connect to server. Server is down. I have made no changes to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/server-issues/32da98c4-3c1e-43a2-a772-f8c8e823fcb0
  9. WSReset purge cache issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSReset purge cache issue: Here's my setup. I have three accounts, a local admin, an MS account, and a local standard user. I can't run Windows Store properly on my MS account, while it runs fine on the local standard user. A window just briefly flashes before closing. I deleted the MS account, then...
  10. Startup issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup issues: Hi there, ALL windows are opened maximized with NO available options to resize (only minimize), although ALL windows are set to run in Normal mode. Even if Classic Shell is installed, the desktop shows these bloody tiles. All my previous desktop icons don't show up and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wininet cache server

2. wininetcache re-register

3. wininet broker server

4. wininet!CCacheServerConnection