Windows 10: Winkey+PrtSc Not Saving Screenshots to Directory

Discus and support Winkey+PrtSc Not Saving Screenshots to Directory in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm on OS Build 19041.630. Yesterday, I was able to use Fn+Winkey+PrtSc to save screenshots to the folder in my Pictures directory. I would get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by akemi, Nov 24, 2020.

1. akemi Win User

Winkey+PrtSc Not Saving Screenshots to Directory

I'm on OS Build 19041.630. Yesterday, I was able to use Fn+Winkey+PrtSc to save screenshots to the folder in my Pictures directory. I would get the screen dim and the sound and it was fine. Today, this is no longer working. I went into the properties of my screenshots folder and made sure "Full Access" was checked under the security settings and I also restored location to default to see if that would help, but that's all I knew to check on my own.

I strongly suspect that the reason it stopped working was a cat on my keyboard, but I have no idea what she might have stepped on to disable this? I use this function to help me take notes for school so I would really like to get this fixed. Thank you in advance for any help.

:)

akemi, Nov 24, 2020

2. Where are my screenshots saved if I don’t choose to also save them on OneDrive?

P.S.

Press WinKey + PrtSc to capture a screenshot, then WinKey + E to open File Explorer & your screenshot should be at the top of your Recent files list.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Nov 24, 2020
  3. How can I redirect my screenshots to be saved to my computer rather than to OneDrive directory?

No. When that option is unchecked, screenshots (captured via WinKey+PrtSc) should be saved to a Screenshots folder created in your Pictures folder.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Nov 24, 2020
  4. neilpzz Win User

PrtSc

If you use Winkey + PrtSc it will put a copy in your Pictures folder under Screenshots.

neilpzz, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Winkey+PrtSc Not Saving Screenshots to Directory - Similar Threads - Winkey+PrtSc Saving Screenshots

2. prtsc takes me to screensnip and i can't save my screenshot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    prtsc takes me to screensnip and i can't save my screenshot: hi! i've been trying to figure out how to take a screenshot on my new laptop and i keep trying different options prtsc, prtsc+windows, windows+shift+s, fn+alt+space and it still wont take a screenshot screen doesnt go dim. it either does nothing or opens up the screensnip...
  3. prtsc takes me to screensnip and i can't save my screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    prtsc takes me to screensnip and i can't save my screenshot: hi! i've been trying to figure out how to take a screenshot on my new laptop and i keep trying different options prtsc, prtsc+windows, windows+shift+s, fn+alt+space and it still wont take a screenshot screen doesnt go dim. it either does nothing or opens up the screensnip...
  4. prtsc takes me to screensnip and i can't save my screenshot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to save screenshots to the Screenshots folder using just the PrtSc key on Windows 10?

How to save screenshots to the Screenshots folder using just the PrtSc key on Windows 10?: I used to take screenshots all the time just by hitting the PrtSc key on my keyboard, and they would always go right to This PC > Pictures > Screenshots, but it hasn't been working like this recently. Now, instead of going to my Screenshots folder, it just copies to my...
  6. How to save screenshots to the Screenshots folder using just the PrtSc key on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save screenshots to the Screenshots folder using just the PrtSc key on Windows 10?: I used to take screenshots all the time just by hitting the PrtSc key on my keyboard, and they would always go right to This PC > Pictures > Screenshots, but it hasn't been working like this recently. Now, instead of going to my Screenshots folder, it just copies to my...
  7. How to save screenshots to the Screenshots folder using just the PrtSc key on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Screenshots not being saved with winkey+shift+s

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshots not being saved with winkey+shift+s: The "screenshots" folder is missing from the pictures folder, screenshots do not appear in quick access and the registry is missing. Software/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer - Screenshot index is missing and {B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from usershell...
  9. Screenshots - Print Screen, Ctrl+PrtSc, Win+Fn+PrtSc - not working

Screenshots - Print Screen, Ctrl+PrtSc, Win+Fn+PrtSc - not working: *** I have already read all the different ways and locations for taking/saving screenshots, so please don't waste my time, or yours, by going through that tripe. *** Now, I have tried going through explorer and searching for my Screenshots folder...NONE located in Pictures...
  10. PrtSc screenshots

PrtSc screenshots: PrtSc screenshots used to got to OneDrive>Pictures>Screenshots -- up thru 3-25-19; now they disappear into space. There is no Screenshots folder in User>Pictures. Where else could they be going?...