Windows 10: winload.efi error during creator's update, error 0xc0000225

Discus and support winload.efi error during creator's update, error 0xc0000225 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Mount the ISO, run setup.exe from the mounted ISO file. It should upgrade you to the Creator's Update without asking for a product key or version. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mvikramreddy92, Apr 13, 2017.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

winload.efi error during creator's update, error 0xc0000225

Mount the ISO, run setup.exe from the mounted ISO file. It should upgrade you to the Creator's Update without asking for a product key or version.

NavyLCDR, May 3, 2017

2. I did that. I faced the same error mentioned in the first post, when it tried to reboot. After restarting from that error screen, now back to normal without applying any updates.

After returning to desktop, I see some more clue what must be going wrong:

winload.efi error during creator's update, error 0xc0000225 [​IMG]

So it is failing when it tries to safe boot?

Could this be because I have dual booted with Ubuntu and using grub as my bootloader?

mvikramreddy92, May 3, 2017
  3. Did you disable Secure boot is BIOS?

Caledon Ken, May 3, 2017
  4. winload.efi error during creator's update, error 0xc0000225

Yes the secure boot is disabled. My laptop model is Alienware 17 R3, if it gives any clue.

mvikramreddy92, May 4, 2017
  5. Finally, I have applied the update successfully by doing the following:

1) Changed the #1 boot priority from Ubuntu to Windows 10. So that stopped grub bootloader from showing up.

2) Ran disk cleanup, clicked on clean up system files and clicked on Ok.

3) Ran CCleaner and cleaned up with the default settings.

4) Ran this in cmd as admin: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

5) Then used the Windows10 upgrade assistant.(downloaded from Download Windows 10)

6) Then when it restarted, I quickly entered bios. Long pressed power button to power off. To my surprise, it proceeded with updating without showing any error. Whenever it tried to restart during the update, I did this little BIOS trick which I saw somewhere on the internet.

Except the first step, other ones are the solutions I found on the internet. And I applied all of them at once. So I can't tell which one really solved the issue *Tongue

mvikramreddy92, May 4, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Glad you got it sorted out! So much for all that nonsense about having to purchase a new product key to update Education version, eh?

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

winload.efi error during creator's update, error 0xc0000225

1. winload.efi error during creator's update, error 0xc0000225 - Similar Threads - winload efi error

2. Error 0xc0000225.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc0000225.: Nothing is working I tried reinstalling or repairing With the installation media on my usb and now I’m recovering with restore point and it has been on finalizing sumn for 2 hrs...
  3. Error 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xc0000225: So yea you theres 4 options here what happens when i press themPress Enter - literally just flashes the screen f1 - it just restart my **** pc and send me back to the error screenf8 - literally nothingEsc - it works but idk how or if its even possbile to fix it using this :[...
  4. Error 0xc0000225

Error 0xc0000225: My laptop wont start and has the Error 0xc0000225 and I am unable to go into safe mode meaning my only other option is to get a disk/USB with a recovery tool. However, I dont have a USB/disc or a functioning computer to download the tool onto. Any suggestions would be helpful...
  5. Error 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0xc0000225: So whenever i try to reset my pc, by using shift restart. I always get an error saying i need to repair my pc befor ei can do this. Ive looked up viedos on how to fix it but most of them say use command prompt but i cant open anythibg using shift restart. Of anyone has info...
  6. Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9

Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9: hi my acer swift ryzen laptop completly crashed the weekend with the winload efi error . ive gone into bios and disabled secure boot in uefi but no result . Ive managed to download windows 10 on usb drive and set it up in bios to boot from that drive however i still get the...
  7. Error 0xc0000225

Error 0xc0000225: Since downloading Windows 10 onto my Gateway PC I have problems not only with the above error but also having restart freezes every time I use it. Could some let me know how I go about fixing them. I have gone through the computer looking for answers and tried some of them...
  8. Error 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0xc0000225: Hello. My computer is a 2-year old HP Pavilion x360 running Windows 10. My computer has been down for the count for around two weeks and fortunately, I haven't needed to boot up my computer as I have recently finished school. When it went to rest, I could not "wake" it by...
  9. Windows wont start error 185 in system32/winload. Efi

Windows wont start error 185 in system32/winload. Efi: Windows wont start i tried everything please help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-start-error-185-in-system32winload/d99e08e6-1320-48bd-abfd-803a8e97f80d
  10. 0xc0000225 error, help?

in Windows 10 Support
    0xc0000225 error, help?: Whenever I load up my computer it does an automatic repair scan then takes me to advanced options. I tried to reset my computer but I cant it says " There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made" Then I Disable the automatic repair using "bcdedit /set default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winload efi error during restarting

2. winload.efi upgrade 0xc0000225