Windows 10: Winload.efi "missing or corrupt". Cannot load Windows 10. Cannot use recovery tools. Help!

Discus and support Winload.efi "missing or corrupt". Cannot load Windows 10. Cannot use recovery tools. Help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have a serious issue and could use some help resolving it. I recently shut down my PC normally in order to restart it after connecting a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/am1sf1t, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Winload.efi "missing or corrupt". Cannot load Windows 10. Cannot use recovery tools. Help!

Hello. I have a serious issue and could use some help resolving it.

I recently shut down my PC normally in order to restart it after connecting a USB device while my system was off. All I did was shut down my PC using the start menu shutdown function.

When I pressed the power button to boot up as normal, I saw the Windows loading screen come up on my display with the Windows logo and the rotating dots as normal. However the screen just continued to stay there with the dots continuously animating for way longer than it should have. My system typically boots into the Windows 10 login screen within about 10 seconds or less. The loading screen just stayed like that for a good 3 or 4 minutes before I finally got tired of waiting and just shut down the PC by holding down the power button. Anyway, long story short after getting this never ending loading screen multiple times I finally got an error screen saying something about Winload.efi being "missing or corrupt".

This is the first time I've seen this error after using Windows 10 for several years. I tried to boot into Safe mode but every time I tried to do that the first thing that would happen is the screen would momentarily flash with the menu. And then go black and stay black. I could not see the recovery menu options because of that. That would happen multiple times in a row. A few times I would see a recovery menu that gave me options to either go into a "recovery environment" or escape into UEFI settings or something like that. (I'm trying to remember this stuff from memory because my PC is currently disassembled in order to allow me to get at my boot NVMe drive so I can't double check what the screens said).

Anyway none of the recovery options I could see whenever the system would allow me to see them did not do anything at all when I selected them. I literally tried pressing enter on every single option and nothing happened. So I tried to use the Windows Installation USB media tool that I created a while back. But when I tried to load that up, all I saw was a blank purple/blue screen with no prompt or any Window or anything. Just a blank screen. So I figured I'd try to create a brand new Windows Installation USB tool. I used a spare laptop (which is what I'm using to type all this right now) to recreate a new USB tool. When I tried to load that, the same thing keeps happening. Blank colored screen. I don't know why this isn't working but I cannot use any type of recovery tool in order to try and repair my existing Windows 10 OS installation.

Since I can't seem to get any sort of recovery tool working on my PC anymore, I decided I'll try and reinstall Windows again. However, I need to backup my Documents folder on my boot drive. So I just tried to remove my boot drive and connect it to my laptop in order to transfer the data from that drive to another one through my laptop. However, I cannot access that boot drive as it is listed as "invalid" in my laptop Disk Management tool. I recently converted all of my originally basic drives to dynamic in my desktop system, including the boot drive in order to get my system into full UEFI mode. I didn't realize by doing that if something were to go wrong with my boot drive that I would not be able to access it with another system. The data is very important to me and I don't want to lose it.

How can I either get my recovery tools to work properly on my system so I can repair my OS installation and do whatever is necessary to fix that winload.efi file problem so I can boot back into my dekstop Windows 10 OS installation, or gain access to my invalid boot drive dynamic disk using another system in order to back up my documents folder files? Any help would be appreciated. I'm in dire need of fixing this asap. I really don't want to have to reinstall Windows as I've spent the last several days getting my system set up the way I want it. The thought of losing several days of software installations and setting up of my software settings is infuriating to me. I'd really like to know how shutting down my system could have caused this to happen. And why it's so difficult for me to simply run my Windows recovery USB drive properly. I really don't understand why any of this is happening. It makes no sense to me at all.

submitted by /u/am1sf1t
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/am1sf1t, Mar 24, 2021
  2. dictum Win User

Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

That's not what they suggest here:

FIX: Steps to Fix Winload.EFI Error - Appuals.com

Winload.EFI Error, is pretty much self explanatory by it’s name is an error that prevents windows from loading. This is usually caused by corrupt boot records or incorrect boot configuration. Depending on your Operating System, the error message may vary but the keyword winload.efi will be same. On a Windows 8/8.1/10 system, the error usually pops-up in the following form.

dictum, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 24, 2021
  4. K202030 Win User

Winload.efi "missing or corrupt". Cannot load Windows 10. Cannot use recovery tools. Help!

Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9

hi my acer swift ryzen laptop completly crashed the weekend with the winload efi error .

ive gone into bios and disabled secure boot in uefi but no result . Ive managed to download windows 10 on usb drive and set it up in bios to boot from that drive however i still get the same blue window as before even tho the usb is top of the boot list.
    I want to go into advanced options but it doesnt appear on the blue screen and now mot sure what to do . Any help would be great , i dont want to wipe the machine if possible

K202030, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Winload.efi "missing or corrupt". Cannot load Windows 10. Cannot use recovery tools. Help!

1. Winload.efi "missing or corrupt". Cannot load Windows 10. Cannot use recovery tools. Help! - Similar Threads - Winload efi missing

2. Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.: Bilgisayarımı sıfırlamaya çalışırken bu hatayı alıyorum. Her türlü yolu denedim, tüm videoları izledim ama hala sorunum aynı. Lütfen en kısa sürede yardımcı olur musunuz?...
  3. Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.: Bilgisayarımı sıfırlamaya çalışırken bu hatayı alıyorum. Her türlü yolu denedim, tüm videoları izledim ama hala sorunum aynı. Lütfen en kısa sürede yardımcı olur musunuz?...
  4. Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working: Hello,My HP is not starting up. I’ve received the ‘winload efi is missing or corrupt’. All the troubleshoot steps require me to go into startup settings but in order for me to do that, I have to press F8 however when I do press it my screen flashes and it doesn’t take me...
  5. Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working: Hello,My HP is not starting up. I’ve received the ‘winload efi is missing or corrupt’. All the troubleshoot steps require me to go into startup settings but in order for me to do that, I have to press F8 however when I do press it my screen flashes and it doesn’t take me...
  6. Cannot load windows recovery tool after attempting hard drive scans

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot load windows recovery tool after attempting hard drive scans: I can no longer bring up recovery options either through the installed version of windows or through installation media. I can access BIOS just fine and I can also run Linux mint off USB, but rescutux fails after selection.It started with a BSOD after I changed priority...
  7. Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING

Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING: Today I decided to clean install Windows 10 on my new SSD and format the old one.I used the pen-drive installer to install windows 10 on my SSD but when I got to Disk Management to format my old HDD.I see that my SSD does not have a recovery partition OR a EFI PartitionI...
  8. Cannot access recovery tools in Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot access recovery tools in Win 10: Hi, my laptop's stopped booting into Windows and I've been stuck in the "preparing automatic recovery" loop for a while. I cannot get into any recovery options at all, as when I try hard rebooting multiple times, it will go back to automatic recovery. It will also not boot...
  9. Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9

Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9: hi my acer swift ryzen laptop completly crashed the weekend with the winload efi error . ive gone into bios and disabled secure boot in uefi but no result . Ive managed to download windows 10 on usb drive and set it up in bios to boot from that drive however i still get the...
  10. Cannot use snipping tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot use snipping tool: HI all : I click on the snipping tool that I have pinned to my task bar , It opens on the 4 th monitor , in a small box . I can't click new . see the picture . thanks . I would really like to have this feature back ... [img] 111445