Windows 10: Winlolad.efi missing or contains errors

Discus and support Winlolad.efi missing or contains errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just did a Disk Clone using MiniTool Partition wizard Free 11.6 (Took about 5 1/2 hours) using 2 separate hard drives. When It was done, I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GUPPY, Jan 28, 2020.

1. GUPPY Win User

Winlolad.efi missing or contains errors

I just did a Disk Clone using MiniTool Partition wizard Free 11.6 (Took about 5 1/2 hours) using 2 separate hard drives.
    When It was done, I tried to boot off of the new Drive and got the following error:
    "WINLOAD.EFI is missing or contains errors.
    This is a dual boot system. The original system boots fine. The copy has the errors.

:)

GUPPY, Jan 28, 2020

2. Kernel missing/contains error, error code 0xc0000605

Hello,

after running the chkdsk c: /f and /r command, it said that there was no problem. So I tried to reboot the laptop to see if it worked but now it shows a different error which is winload.exe is missing or contains error with error code 0xc0000225. After searching
    for a solution for that problem, it suggested me to use the bootrec commands but it still gave me access denied after bootrec /fixboot

Did I miss a step or somehow made the problem worse?

That One Bakpao, Jan 28, 2020
  3. dictum Win User
    Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

That's not what they suggest here:

FIX: Steps to Fix Winload.EFI Error - Appuals.com

Winload.EFI Error, is pretty much self explanatory by it’s name is an error that prevents windows from loading. This is usually caused by corrupt boot records or incorrect boot configuration. Depending on your Operating System, the error message may vary but the keyword winload.efi will be same. On a Windows 8/8.1/10 system, the error usually pops-up in the following form.

dictum, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Dandido Win User

The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors

To topgundcp.

I followed your instructions but Macrium could not find an operating system. See image below.

Winlolad.efi missing or contains errors [​IMG]

I pressed next anyway and selected C: and pressed next again.

I ran the fix and everything seems to have worked fine. I then restarted my computer.

I was greeted with a new error *Sad

Any idea on what to do next?

To dalchina.

Here's the result from the HD Tune Health tab.

I am currently doing an error scan with no damaged blocks after 15 minutes. I will leave it on and come back later and post the result.

To bro67.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try it after the error scan is completed and post the results.

So to summarize I currently have this error when trying to boot my computer.

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    <Windows root>\system 32\hal.dll.

Dandido, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Winlolad.efi missing or contains errors - Similar Threads - Winlolad efi missing

2. Error 0xc000000f Winload.exe missing/contains errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc000000f Winload.exe missing/contains errors: Hello,When starting up my PC I get a blue screen with an error message stating that the file \windows\system32\winload.exe is missing or contains errors. The error code is 0xc000000f. If I press esc I get into the WinRE. When I try to do a startup repair, there is a message...
  3. Error 0xc000000f Winload.exe missing/contains errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc000000f Winload.exe missing/contains errors: Hello,When starting up my PC I get a blue screen with an error message stating that the file \windows\system32\winload.exe is missing or contains errors. The error code is 0xc000000f. If I press esc I get into the WinRE. When I try to do a startup repair, there is a message...
  4. Error 0xc000000f Winload.exe missing/contains errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. aswVmm.sys is missing or contains errors. Error code: 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aswVmm.sys is missing or contains errors. Error code: 0xc000007b: Hello all, this is not a help request but more of a knowledge share post. WARNING: This should only be done with Avast or AVG .sys filesAlso not responsible for any damage or loss this may have caused.TLDR at the bottom.After coming home from work today and booting up my PC,...
  6. aswVmm.sys is missing or contains errors. Error code: 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    aswVmm.sys is missing or contains errors. Error code: 0xc000007b: Hello all, this is not a help request but more of a knowledge share post. WARNING: This should only be done with Avast or AVG .sys filesAlso not responsible for any damage or loss this may have caused.TLDR at the bottom.After coming home from work today and booting up my PC,...
  7. Kernel missing or contains errors

Kernel missing or contains errors: i have no idea when it comes to computers last time i was on it it said update than shutdown in the place where shut down normally was so i when i wake up i turn the pc on and i get a error code “The operating system couldnt be loaded because the kernal is missing or...
  8. Registry file missing or contains errors

Registry file missing or contains errors: Unfortunately hits the keypad of Dell Laptop then it turns to Off. I tried several times to start, Heading with recovery blue screen comes with mentioned that " your pc/ device needs to be repaired." The Operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file...
  9. EFI partition missing

EFI partition missing: I bought a new SSD and did a clean installation of Windows 10 on the new drive, but i'm still keeping my old HDD into my laptop as a secondary drive. After the installation worked (the laptop was working correctly) I decided to format my old HDD. After a reboot i got this...
  10. Kernel missing/contains error, error code 0xc0000605

Kernel missing/contains error, error code 0xc0000605: So... My friend's laptop (Acer Aspire E1-421) couldn't start. this is the error message: [ATTACH] I've already tried the Start-up repair and it failed to repair it... Couldn't use System Restore since there wasn't any restore point recorded... I've tried using the bootrec...