Windows 10: Winmail on Win 10

Discus and support Winmail on Win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running Winmail on Win 10. When reading some mail or deleting some I get a message saying "An error has occured can't perform opening or perform... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tkm412, Feb 19, 2019.

1. tkm412 Win User

Winmail on Win 10

Running Winmail on Win 10. When reading some mail or deleting some I get a message saying "An error has occured can't perform opening or perform deleting". Would appreciate any help.

:)

tkm412, Feb 19, 2019

2. cursor freezes in winmail

cursor freezes in winmail. oS Win 10

NicolasYamodis, Feb 19, 2019
  3. endeavor Win User
    Replacing Windows Mail in Win-10 with one from Win-Vista.

Clayton, yes you can use your own files, as well realize the files from the tutorial attachments are the exact same thing already coming from Windows Vista - it's all the same.

The tutorial instructions how to do it in every detail are posted Here

Please for your own sake, just be sure you understand the limitations of using the old Vista WinMail client out of it's native environment inside of Windows7/8/10 by reading through the disclaimer, and the Bug List that's linked on the page there, and then decide if you want to do it and if it's right for you.
    Feel free to post your questions over there too.

endeavor, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Winmail on Win 10

missing winmail folders and files in Windows 10

We have just noticed that a complete chunk of our Winmail email folders/files has disappeared from roughly half way down the list on the left hand side. Neither of us are aware of having deleted anything or moved anything. How can we recover them (if
    indeed we can). There are a lot....... and not all recent. We have tried some of the suggestions and nothing works so far. Most of the suggestions are from an older version.

Jill Moran, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Winmail on Win 10

1. Winmail on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Winmail

2. WInmail files that won't delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WInmail files that won't delete: I see all kinds of complicated ways to do this. However, I made a folder and put all the files that wouldn't delete in it, and then deleted the folder. Works like a charm and much easier than all those complicated answers that people are giving to the issue. Hope this helps...
  3. WInmail files that won't delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WInmail files that won't delete: I see all kinds of complicated ways to do this. However, I made a folder and put all the files that wouldn't delete in it, and then deleted the folder. Works like a charm and much easier than all those complicated answers that people are giving to the issue. Hope this helps...
  4. Winmail stopped working after Focus Inbox update

in Browsers and Email
    Winmail stopped working after Focus Inbox update: Hi tried everything I could find re 10ProV1903 with Winmail V 16005 on HP 850Gi3 16GB. Stopped working after update. First wouldn't change any settings " Cant do this on your account" then wont send/receive/compose. Reset; reset up accounts - successful but wont "go to...
  5. WinMail Removal

in Browsers and Email
    WinMail Removal: Windows 10 1809 - 10.0.17763.195 If you use NTLite to reconfigure your Windows version and you remove the windows mail option, components, windows apps, apps, windows mail, then it breaks the ability to install windows mail. I am talking about the old Vista mail or WinMail....
  6. WinMail Removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    WinMail Removal: Windows 10 1809 - 10.0.17763.195 If you use NTLite to reconfigure your Windows version and you remove the windows mail option, components, windows apps, apps, windows mail, then it breaks the ability to install windows mail. I am talking about the old Vista mail or WinMail....
  7. Outlook 2019 sporadischer winmail-10.dat Anhang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2019 sporadischer winmail-10.dat Anhang: Folgendes Problem besteht bei einem unserer Kunden an einem ihrer Rechner (Win10 und Outlook2019). Manche Mails mit einem PDF Anhang aus Lexware kommen bei manchen Kunden unseres Kunden als winmail-10.dat an. Dieses Problem ist neu und erst mit Outlook 2019 aufgetreten....
  8. Winmail will no longer work with 1709 version

in Browsers and Email
    Winmail will no longer work with 1709 version: The previous work around with windows did work however I'm seeing this error with 1709 version. Any ideas? Windows Mail could not be started because one of its libraries could not be found. 95699
  9. does WinMail work on windows 10 - latest builds- or not?

in Browsers and Email
    does WinMail work on windows 10 - latest builds- or not?: in the past, i was able to install WinMail on windows 10. lately, it does not work anymore my Q : does it still work on windows 10 - latest builds- or not if it does work, plse post the procedure to get it working 92205