Windows 10: Winodws 10 Install transer from Old PC?

Discus and support Winodws 10 Install transer from Old PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I rebuilt my PC using some parts from my old PC. My old PC I bought with Windows 8 preinstalled and then upgraded to Windows 10. I can't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StephBae, May 31, 2019.

1. StephBae Win User

Winodws 10 Install transer from Old PC?

So I rebuilt my PC using some parts from my old PC. My old PC I bought with Windows 8 preinstalled and then upgraded to Windows 10. I can't seem to find my activation code or product number. I have access to my Microsoft account that shows my older computer and it's information as well as my new PC. Do I need to buy a new Windows 10 license?

:)

StephBae, May 31, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 31, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, May 31, 2019
  4. Winodws 10 Install transer from Old PC?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Winodws 10 Install transer from Old PC?

1. Winodws 10 Install transer from Old PC? - Similar Threads - Winodws Install transer

2. winodws installing old graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    winodws installing old graphics drivers: i recently update my grpahics drivers to latest ones with the help of intel driver and support assistant.but after i reboot windows automatically installs the old drivers which is 2 years old one and my pc starts to lag in games with live kernel event error how do fix this...
  3. winodws installing old graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    winodws installing old graphics drivers: i recently update my grpahics drivers to latest ones with the help of intel driver and support assistant.but after i reboot windows automatically installs the old drivers which is 2 years old one and my pc starts to lag in games with live kernel event error how do fix this...
  4. winodws installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    winodws installing: my friend is installing windows 10 there is a problem KEYBOARD AND MOUSE is not working at the region selection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winodws-installing/5cba1e68-d714-49bc-bfd7-7bd8a90cc90d
  5. winodws installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    winodws installing: my friend is installing windows 10 there is a problem KEYBOARD AND MOUSE is not working at the region selection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winodws-installing/5cba1e68-d714-49bc-bfd7-7bd8a90cc90d
  6. winodws installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Java install on winodws 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Java install on winodws 10.: Hi. I am 15 year old and on my birthday i got pc with windows 10 on it. He was seting up all windows 10. First he made his account then my account. But i cant instal java. it show up "Do you allow Java to use..." i click yes and nothing is happaning. But on his account he...
  8. transer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transer: How do I transfer a playlist from my laptop to my phone, Galaxy A10c? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transer/44870fbb-995d-4068-94c4-41d1195f58ff"
  9. Install windows from old pc

Install windows from old pc: Hi I have bought a some second hands laptops, some of them are refurbished with w10 (they have the sticker) and other are normal laptops also with w10. Some of them are broken, so I was wondering if i could use their license in a desktop pc that I am build. sorry for my...
  10. transering from oldcomputer to new

transering from oldcomputer to new: I have transferred using my Seagate back up files. When I transfer documents from old to new I have duplicate listings. Photo's same issue. Having problems getting them to merge on to one listing on left of screen....