Windows 10: Winodws 10 Pro upgrade from store, applied to the wrong computer

Discus and support Winodws 10 Pro upgrade from store, applied to the wrong computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have multiple computers with Windows 10 home. I was on one of them and purchased the upgrade to Pro. I made the purchase, click install and it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Matt@Milner, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Winodws 10 Pro upgrade from store, applied to the wrong computer

I have multiple computers with Windows 10 home. I was on one of them and purchased the upgrade to Pro. I made the purchase, click install and it just hung. I got on one of my other computers, and lo and behold it is now Windows 10 Pro...I did not install it, I did not go to the store on it..It just took my purchase and applied there.

The one I wanted it on and was in the store on is for work, so I need it there. How can I move it, refund it and get again on the right computer...whats the process..Calling support is useless with the current virus and call backlog and I am trying to work from home.

:)

Matt@Milner, Mar 25, 2020

2. New Computer: Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Mom is getting a new computer. Although the computer will have Windows 10 Home preinstalled, we want the Pro version.

Are the steps correct to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

• Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to store > make your purchase, follow the on screen instructions and within 5 to 10 minutes you will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

We are in Canada. I am guessing that the upgrade price is close to US$100 converted to Canadian dollars?

Kevin Stecyk, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Winodws 10 Pro upgrade from store, applied to the wrong computer

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Winodws 10 Pro upgrade from store, applied to the wrong computer

1. Winodws 10 Pro upgrade from store, applied to the wrong computer - Similar Threads - Winodws Pro upgrade

2. Does a Transferable license "upgrade" if the computer it's applied to is upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a Transferable license "upgrade" if the computer it's applied to is upgraded to...: Hi all,I bought a transferable non-OEM windows 10 pro license a few years ago, and to my understanding if I decide to build a new computer I can install windows 10 pro on it and move my license from one computer to the other.My question is, if I upgrade my current computer to...
  3. Does a Transferable license "upgrade" if the computer it's applied to is upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does a Transferable license "upgrade" if the computer it's applied to is upgraded to...: Hi all,I bought a transferable non-OEM windows 10 pro license a few years ago, and to my understanding if I decide to build a new computer I can install windows 10 pro on it and move my license from one computer to the other.My question is, if I upgrade my current computer to...
  4. win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.: I purchased home to pro upgrade from Microsoft store. Upgrade install gets to 99% then fails with error code 0xc004f050. According to Microsoft this is an activation error. My account shows the purchase. I have done; wsreset.exe, ran activation trouble shooter, ran update...
  5. Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store

Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store: I have this ACER Nitro 5 with OEM WIndows 10 Home and have been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro months ago from MS Store. A few weeks back I'm reinstalled my laptop with clean installation and it reactivated as Windows 10 Home. Now when I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 again from...
  6. Apply Windows 10 Pro license to new computer

Apply Windows 10 Pro license to new computer: Hello, I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license for a computer Dell Inspiron a few years ago. I have converted this computer to a Linux computer. I recently purchased a new computer Dell XPS, with Windows Home, and I want to transfer the Pro license to the XPS. In my Microsoft...
  7. Apply Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade on Replacement Machine

Apply Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade on Replacement Machine: Hi, Our CEO's Surface Pro was replaced under warranty. The original surface was licensed with Windows 10 Home, which we upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via Settings->System->About->Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows. Prior to shipping the system for replacement,...
  8. Purchace a 10 pro upgrade from store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchace a 10 pro upgrade from store.: I have Win 10 home laptop. I tried to purchase a Pro upgrade download and activation. after a half day of a moving circle on the window it disappeared....
  9. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store: Got a new laptop that comes with Windows 10 Home(activated). I just bought the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro. After installation, the version that i have now is Windows 10 Enterprise instead. It's not activated and I can't even activate it nor run the troubleshooter....
  10. Winodws 10 Pro Purchased in 2016

Winodws 10 Pro Purchased in 2016: Hello, I purchased Windows 10 Pro online from MS Store. I had changed my PC because of issues and trying to restore or update my Windows but it is still showing as windows home, even though I logged in using my windows account under which I made the windows pro purchase....