Windows 10: Winodws Hello and Administrator access

Discus and support Winodws Hello and Administrator access in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have had my computer for about 2 years now and have never set up windows hello. I recently wanted to make a new Xbox account, when i tried to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by cobraO, Aug 1, 2021.

1. cobraO Win User

Winodws Hello and Administrator access

Hi, I have had my computer for about 2 years now and have never set up windows hello. I recently wanted to make a new Xbox account, when i tried to create a new account with a different Email it asked me to set up windows hello. When I tried to do this it said i needed to sign in with a school or work account and i have no use for these nor do i want to have my school account hooked up to my personal computer. Could somebody please help me?

:)

cobraO, Aug 1, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Winodws Hello and Administrator access - Similar Threads - Winodws Hello Administrator

2. winodws installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    winodws installing: my friend is installing windows 10 there is a problem KEYBOARD AND MOUSE is not working at the region selection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winodws-installing/5cba1e68-d714-49bc-bfd7-7bd8a90cc90d
  3. winodws installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    winodws installing: my friend is installing windows 10 there is a problem KEYBOARD AND MOUSE is not working at the region selection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winodws-installing/5cba1e68-d714-49bc-bfd7-7bd8a90cc90d
  4. winodws installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Administrator Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Access: I inadvertently changed something in my settings and I have now lost Admin rights. When I click on anything that requires an Administrator I get the prompt to continue as an admin - but the error message doesn't give me a "yes" option - see below. I have tried googling...
  6. No administrator access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No administrator access: My friend is trying to reset his windows but he can't because he doesn't have administrator access. Does any1 have any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-administrator-access/97bcc286-90f9-4a94-a5d0-db66904987f2
  7. Administrator access

Administrator access: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.1139. Recently updated. I often get a note popped up telling me I can't perform an action because I need administrator access. Lately this happened after I defragmented the system hard drive. After rebooting,...
  8. Administrator access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator access: I lost my administrator access. I only have a single account on my PC. Whenever i try to delete a file or install something a window appears telling me to write an admin password, but the only option is No. I tried to add a new account but it doesn't let me. I also tried...
  9. administrator access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    administrator access: Hello. I am trying to create a backup not only of my files but also programmes that I have added e.g. Office. however/wherever I try to do that the error message is that Windows cannot access the specified device, file or drive and that I may not have the appropriate...
  10. Administrator Access

Administrator Access: Hello, I've received a used laptop from work. Unfortunately, an Administrator account has already been set and no one knows the access details. How can I remove the Administrator or give my account administrator rights? I've tried Computer Management - Local Users and...