Windows 10: Winos Hello cannot sign me in. "Your password was changed on a different device"

Discus and support Winos Hello cannot sign me in. "Your password was changed on a different device" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently set up a new Dell laptop computer with Windows 10. I am using a local account instead of a Microsoft account. I set up Windows hello with... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sparky4460, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Winos Hello cannot sign me in. "Your password was changed on a different device"

I recently set up a new Dell laptop computer with Windows 10. I am using a local account instead of a Microsoft account. I set up Windows hello with a pin but every time I try to login with that pin I get the following message. "Windows couldn't sign you in. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with the Windows hello.

I have signed in with the correct password rebooted and tried to sign in with the pin again. Still does not work. I have one this hundreds of times with no success. I even completely removed the account and added it back in but still have the same problem. I have other user accounts set up on this computer and they all work fine. It seems to have something to do with the user name but I cannot figure out how to reset this problem. I've been on the phone with both Microsoft and Dell and neither have been able to solve the problem. Dell wants me to reload the operating system from scratch. I prefer not to do that. Any suggestions.

:)

Sparky4460, Oct 29, 2020

2. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with with Windows Hello

Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

[FIX] 'Your Password Was Changed On A Different Device' In Windows 10

Let me know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 29, 2020
  3. PM7
    pm7 Win User
    Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with with Windows Hello

This is on my work laptop which authenticates through the company domain.

Windows Hello fingerprint authentication was working fine. i then changed my password on the domain (not through windows) and ever since the Windows Hello authentication gives me the message

Code:
    Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with with Windows Hello
    everything i read on the internet (microsoft offical and otherwise) says that if i just sign-in with my new password once then windows will have the updated password and from there Windows Hello authentication will work correctly again. Unfortunately that
    is not the case - i have signed in with my password thousands of times and it has not picked up the new password.

What can i do to get Windows Hello working again?

4. Winos Hello cannot sign me in. "Your password was changed on a different device"

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Winos Hello cannot sign me in. "Your password was changed on a different device"

1. Winos Hello cannot sign me in. "Your password was changed on a different device" - Similar Threads - Winos Hello cannot

2. "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once...: On my up-to-date Win 10 machine #1, I tried to set up a Local Account in addition to my MS account. I went thru the Command Prompt procedure #4 posted on the MakeUseOf website https://www.makeuseof.com/ways-to-create-local-user-account-windows. Something happened during that...
  3. "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once...: On my up-to-date Win 10 machine #1, I tried to set up a Local Account in addition to my MS account. I went thru the Command Prompt procedure #4 posted on the MakeUseOf website https://www.makeuseof.com/ways-to-create-local-user-account-windows. Something happened during that...
  4. Your password was changed on a different device.

Your password was changed on a different device.: Hello,One of our active directory user was notified as "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with PIN." on his computer's lock screen. I have checked the DC logs, but there was...
  5. Your password was changed on a different device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your password was changed on a different device.: Hello,One of our active directory user was notified as "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with PIN." on his computer's lock screen. I have checked the DC logs, but there was...
  6. Your password was changed on a different device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...: This is on my work laptop which authenticates through the company domain. Windows Hello fingerprint authentication was working fine. i then changed my password on the domain (not through windows) and ever since the Windows Hello authentication gives me the message Your...
  8. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...: I recently started using a USB fingerprint scanner on a Windows10 workgroup computer with local accounts. I configured the fingerprint and it worked, at some point I renamed the account using wmic (wmic useraccount where name='currentname' rename newname), I also changed the...
  9. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...: I can not log in, I get the message "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with with Windows Hello." Microsoft, please, repair your authentication protocol. It is unacceptable and...
  10. Your password was changed on a different device

in Windows 10 News
    Your password was changed on a different device: [ATTACH] Microsoft recommends users to set up a separate password for their device unless they are logging in using their Microsoft account. However, the leave the choice upon users whether they wish to set the password or not. In the later [...] This post Your password was...