Windows 10: Winows 10 not booting just blinking curso and not able even reinstall windows

Discus and support Winows 10 not booting just blinking curso and not able even reinstall windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have old laptop Satelite Pro !140 with some old cpu of my father to fix and there is just blinking cursor when booting. I had idea to try usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Karel O., Aug 6, 2020.

1. Karel O. Win User

Winows 10 not booting just blinking curso and not able even reinstall windows

Hello, I have old laptop Satelite Pro !140 with some old cpu of my father to fix and there is just blinking cursor when booting. I had idea to try usb stick with windows installation files to try repair the issue but when I tried to boot from it, it showed blue screen of death with some kernel issue and then always just reboots. When I boot from regular drive it does nothing and shows just blinking cursor on black screen. What are possible issues causing the problem and how can I fix the issue without risking the loss of all data?

:)

Karel O., Aug 6, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Upgrading cpu and mother without reinstalling windows 10

in most cases you can do exactly what you are trying to do by taking the os drive and plugging it into the new system and booting in safe mode. once in safe mode open a command prompt as administrator and type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1" hit enter. then type "start devmgmt.msc" hit enter again and device manager should open up. after that click the "view" tab and select "show hidden devices". then you just expand each list and unistall all the drivers that are slightly transparent. once you are all done go ahead and reboot the system and install all the new drivers. in most cases this is enough and does not need anything more done.

edit: just boot the os into safe mode the first time and let it install drivers then reboot and fallow the steps i listed above. back with windows vista and earlier windows versions this would be problematic but sense 7 ive found that swapping boards from different manufacturers and even amd to intel has become mostly doable. ive done it a handfull of times.

Final_Fighter, Aug 6, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Winows 10 not booting just blinking curso and not able even reinstall windows :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Winows 10 not booting just blinking curso and not able even reinstall windows - Similar Threads - Winows booting blinking

2. Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.: I have a Ryzen 5 3500U with 32G of ram and no matter how much I reinstall windows, tried both versions it freezes on boot. I'm currently running Manjaro and I've tried many other Linux distributions which work perfectly, but windows seems to always freeze no matter how much I...
  3. Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.: I have a Ryzen 5 3500U with 32G of ram and no matter how much I reinstall windows, tried both versions it freezes on boot. I'm currently running Manjaro and I've tried many other Linux distributions which work perfectly, but windows seems to always freeze no matter how much I...
  4. Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Broadband connection not working after Winows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broadband connection not working after Winows reinstallation: Hello there!So basically, I decided to reinstall my Windows due to corrupted files that would not let me acces my laptop. I downgraded from Windows 11 back to Windows 10 I do have a licensed key for it.I'm a uni student, and in my dorm room I have an internet connection set...
  6. Broadband connection not working after Winows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broadband connection not working after Winows reinstallation: Hello there!So basically, I decided to reinstall my Windows due to corrupted files that would not let me acces my laptop. I downgraded from Windows 11 back to Windows 10 I do have a licensed key for it.I'm a uni student, and in my dorm room I have an internet connection set...
  7. Not able to repair Windws 11 boot or reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to repair Windws 11 boot or reinstall.: I have a multiboot system and accidently the boot sector on a disk and particion managed by Linux Ubuntu, where the Grub was installed. Now windows 11 will not boot, does not appear on the grub menu. I tried to repair this via LINUX grub tool and also using the Windows 11...
  8. Windows 10 ReINSTALL problems after a crash and no more able to boot even with F2 Set-Up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ReINSTALL problems after a crash and no more able to boot even with F2 Set-Up.: On a Acer Aspire 5749Z with Windows 10 updated from Windows 7 some years ago, recently I have problems with Windows update not completed. So, I decide to try to repair my Windows update with a software that only use Windows Updates. Unfortunately and disastreouly, after 9 to...
  9. Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  10. Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...