Windows 10: Winows 10 somehow corrupts files during network transfer.

Discus and support Winows 10 somehow corrupts files during network transfer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The situation is following. I have a relatively large zip archive sitting on my network drive. If I copy and extract it locally or try to extract it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anatoly Kireev, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Winows 10 somehow corrupts files during network transfer.

The situation is following.

I have a relatively large zip archive sitting on my network drive. If I copy and extract it locally or try to extract it over the network the archive utility tells me that there are checksum errors. The other symptom is that if I try to get the sha256 checksum of the file itself, the Get-FileHash cmdlet always produces different sums if run over the network.

The router and the network drive are not on the list of suspects as my other computer can read, write, extract files from this drive with no issues.

:)

Anatoly Kireev, Jun 3, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jun 3, 2020
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jun 3, 2020
  4. shuggans Win User

Winows 10 somehow corrupts files during network transfer.

Network File Transfer vb.net

Hello all. I'm developing an application that automatically sends files from a machine running the client app to a server running the server app. The files in question are very large files, (500mb - 2GB in size) and I was wondering what is the best way to transfer them qucikly and efficiently over the network. Should I utilize FTP transfer, or should I develop a TCP transfer client/server?

If TCP, can anybody give me a basic run down of the networkstream class used with the tcplistener? Thanks guys.

shuggans, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Winows 10 somehow corrupts files during network transfer.

1. Winows 10 somehow corrupts files during network transfer. - Similar Threads - Winows somehow corrupts

2. file somehow became 118,618% bigger during file transfer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    file somehow became 118,618% bigger during file transfer: [ATTACH] The video mp4 file was transfered from my Google Pixel 6 to my PC drive via USB and somehow went from 54.7MB to 63.5GB. I had to restart my PC 5 times trying to delete the file. on mobile on PC submitted by /u/FungusChungus69 [link] [comments]...
  3. usb files corrupted and somehow growing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb files corrupted and somehow growing: so i have a usb that some how had corrupted files and images in it, and some how it started adding files to its self out of know where, idk what is causing this, tried deleting them because i ended up making short cuts on accident but it ended up crashing file manager and...
  4. lost audio files during transfer

lost audio files during transfer: I used an usb cable to transfer audio files from my galaxy A20 to my W10 laptop. The transfer seemed to go well, and eventually stopped. Now those files are gone from my cell but NO WHERE on the laptop. I have used File explorer, recycle bin, device manager, searches by...
  5. Lost library during file transfere

Lost library during file transfere: I did a transfer from old computer to new computer. Cannot see documents, photos, videos, etc. I found them but have to open manually because it is not under my user name even though I'm the adm. I only see the default user and myself. How do I get them to open when I sign...
  6. Windows 10 froze during large file transfer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 froze during large file transfer: Hello. I recently just bought a new laptop, HP Pavillion, and a new Windows 10 32/64 bits built 1907 retailed version. When I was transferring large files on the laptop, the bts dropped to 0. Seeing that, I pressed pause and it would just load. Then, because that didn't work...
  7. File transfer from a HDD winows ME operating system to winndows 10

File transfer from a HDD winows ME operating system to winndows 10: I have a transfer cable so to transfer files from a HDD that was on a system that was running on windows ME. when I plug in the usb port there are no files in file explorer and the windows ten system is asking me to format the drive? it shows up as drive g. under properties...
  8. Winows 10 taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Winows 10 taskbar: I have users that don't like the thumbnail peeks, How do I set Windows 10 to display names instead of thumbnail images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winows-10-taskbar/350d4414-cfaf-4bb4-8a21-d20b8fae1b81
  9. File "shell" transfers, contents do not in network transfer

File "shell" transfers, contents do not in network transfer: Situation: I am trying to help person A with a programming problem, but I am not able to successfully copy her files to my computer so that I can leisurely fix her problem from my computer. What is weird is that the files appear to be copied (I can see a file with the unique...
  10. Slow Network Speed During File Transfer Unless Gaming

Slow Network Speed During File Transfer Unless Gaming: Frm: Windows 10, Asus Maximus III MoBo. Realtek Gig Network. Windows or Asus mb drivers, not sure. Through: Linksys gig switch to netgear gig switch To: Dell R710 with gig cards running Vsphere 6, to a default VM (1 cpu, 2 gigs ram) running CentOS 7.2 using Cygwin...