Windows 10: Winows 10 taskbar

Discus and support Winows 10 taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have users that don't like the thumbnail peeks, How do I set Windows 10 to display names instead of thumbnail images.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnPailliotet, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Winows 10 taskbar

I have users that don't like the thumbnail peeks, How do I set Windows 10 to display names instead of thumbnail images.

:)

JohnPailliotet, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 16, 2018
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Winows 10 taskbar

Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Winows 10 taskbar

1. Winows 10 taskbar - Similar Threads - Winows taskbar

2. Why does touchpad limit the zoom in or out on winows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does touchpad limit the zoom in or out on winows 11?: When you zoom in or out on the touchpad, it stops zooming in or out and zooms back in slightly. this animation looks similar to when you reach the end of a web page on a iPhone and it scrolls back up but this time it is zoom. i have no idea why this is happening and it is...
  3. Why does touchpad limit the zoom in or out on winows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does touchpad limit the zoom in or out on winows 11?: When you zoom in or out on the touchpad, it stops zooming in or out and zooms back in slightly. this animation looks similar to when you reach the end of a web page on a iPhone and it scrolls back up but this time it is zoom. i have no idea why this is happening and it is...
  4. Hi, i have a problem with a backup of my PC under winows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, i have a problem with a backup of my PC under winows 10: Hi, i have a problem when i make a backup of my Windows 10 Professional. Thus when i make a system image on an external USB disk.And i have a blue screen with the problem towards the end of the backup. Here is a screenshot in attached file.The error message is : "ATTEMPTED...
  5. Hi, i have a problem with a backup of my PC under winows 10

Hi, i have a problem with a backup of my PC under winows 10: Hi, i have a problem when i make a backup of my Windows 10 Professional. Thus when i make a system image on an external USB disk.And i have a blue screen with the problem towards the end of the backup. Here is a screenshot in attached file.The error message is : "ATTEMPTED...
  6. Hi, i have a problem with a backup of my PC under winows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.: Windows 10 not able to boot,after automatic repair noting happen,windows failed to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winows-does-not-boot-and-showing-automatic-repair/61cea1ff-500e-4214-b032-410d3822aadc
  8. Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.

Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.: Windows 10 not able to boot,after automatic repair noting happen,windows failed to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winows-does-not-boot-and-showing-automatic-repair/61cea1ff-500e-4214-b032-410d3822aadc
  9. winows 11 taskbar too short for all my pinned and open apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    winows 11 taskbar too short for all my pinned and open apps: this might be a dumb question, but I cannot find any info on iton my SB3, I cannot see all my pinned and open apps; at the right hand end of the main part of the taskbar there is a vertical bar and then the first of some currently open apps, but no drop down arrow to see the...
  10. winows 11 taskbar too short for all my pinned and open apps

winows 11 taskbar too short for all my pinned and open apps: this might be a dumb question, but I cannot find any info on iton my SB3, I cannot see all my pinned and open apps; at the right hand end of the main part of the taskbar there is a vertical bar and then the first of some currently open apps, but no drop down arrow to see the...