Windows 10: Winows 10 updated and my usb dac is no longer recognized

Discus and support Winows 10 updated and my usb dac is no longer recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On the general tab for the Stellar Gain Cell Dac, In the event viewer of the device manager is: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by synche, Aug 19, 2019.

1. synche Win User

Winows 10 updated and my usb dac is no longer recognized

On the general tab for the Stellar Gain Cell Dac, In the event viewer of the device manager is:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    Date: 8/24/2018 1:29:45 PM
    Event ID: 442
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-OTADD2T
    Description:
    Device USB\VID_2616&PID_0113&MI_00\7&24ec9c83&0&0000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_1235&PID_8206&MI_00\6&3596ce7e&0&0000
    Class Guid: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F122
    Present: false
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" />
    <EventID>442</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-08-24T20:29:45.237890300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>828</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="10744" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-OTADD2T</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">USB\VID_2616&amp;PID_0113&amp;MI_00\7&amp;24ec9c83&amp;0&amp;0000</Data>
    <Data Name="LastDeviceInstanceId">USB\VID_1235&amp;PID_8206&amp;MI_00\6&amp;3596ce7e&amp;0&amp;0000</Data>
    <Data Name="ClassGuid">{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}</Data>
    <Data Name="LocationPath">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="MigrationRank">0xf000ffff0000f122</Data>
    <Data Name="Present">false</Data>
    <Data Name="Status">0xc0000719</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Can someone please help me get my computer to recognize my dac?

Thanks

:)

synche, Aug 19, 2019

2. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 problem with USB DAC

I have a USB DAC (digital-to-analog converter) that allows me to play music through my speakers.

It has worked fine for a long while but recently it has started to abruptly stop working randomly (over 10 times per day).

I can get it to work again if I:

• Unplug the DAC from usb and immediately replug it in.
    • Disable and them immediately enable the device in the windows "playback devices" window.

I have tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Nvidia high definition sound drivers
    • Disable USB selective suspend setting (this is a PC not a laptop).
    • Troubleshoot sound problems
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: The device is this one:

http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/dacs/ehp-o2di-desktop-headphone-amplifierdac-3/

It is plug and play and I have never installed drivers for it.

lloydchristmas, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Winows 10 updated and my usb dac is no longer recognized

usb not recognized

Hello Ethan,

The USB port may have stopped responding after you remove or insert a USB device. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device. Aside from the troubleshooting steps you’ve performed, you can also scan the Device Manager for
    hardware changes. Follow the steps below:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • Click the Action tab.
    • Select Scan for hardware changes and follow the prompts to reinstall the missing driver.
    • Check the USB device if it is already working.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Winows 10 updated and my usb dac is no longer recognized

1. Winows 10 updated and my usb dac is no longer recognized - Similar Threads - Winows updated usb

2. Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized - Possibly solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized - Possibly solved: I was a respondent to one of the original posts on this subject. I believe I have solved this. For months now many have reported on this all over social media. Well, with my plan to power 3 devices with one switch mode power supply, I ordered from Ghent Audio a DC29 - Oyaide...
  3. Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized - Possibly solved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized - Possibly solved: I was a respondent to one of the original posts on this subject. I believe I have solved this. For months now many have reported on this all over social media. Well, with my plan to power 3 devices with one switch mode power supply, I ordered from Ghent Audio a DC29 - Oyaide...
  4. Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized: I have a problem with my Schiit Hel DAC in Windows 10. It does not show up as a device, I can't use it as input nor output. I have tried new cables, different ports, no luck.The device is connected to a tabletop PC, to USB 2.0 ports, as instructed by the manufacturer, on the...
  5. Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized: I have a problem with my Schiit Hel DAC in Windows 10. It does not show up as a device, I can't use it as input nor output. I have tried new cables, different ports, no luck.The device is connected to a tabletop PC, to USB 2.0 ports, as instructed by the manufacturer, on the...
  6. Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. usb dac issues

usb dac issues: hi, I recently bought a usb dac, model lusya fever from aliexpress, when connected to the pc vlc stops when listening to mp3 songs and also when restarting the speakers emit a bump. What can it be ? I deactivated the integrated sound card but nothing, with ubuntu live the...
  8. Windows 10 no longer recognizes my USB ports

Windows 10 no longer recognizes my USB ports: Widows automatically upgraded my Windows 10. Now I can no longer see USB ports E and F on File Explorer and when I plug in my camera to download my pictures it says that the camera is not connected. I plugged in my Clickfree backup hard drive and it worked on drive E. How do...
  9. Viability of a USB DAC?

Viability of a USB DAC?: Hey guys, any audiophiles in here that can help me out? Anyway, for as long as I can remember i've been dissatisfied with the audio that comes out of my computer(s). (PC and laptop) This doesn't change. I've plugged in anything from cheap apple earbuds to C$400 Bose...
  10. USB Drive No Longer Recognized?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Drive No Longer Recognized?: Hey everyone! So, I've been running into a weird situation and I was hoping to run into some clarification on what I could do to fix the problem. I got a 128GB Flash Drive which I proceeded to install a portable, bootable Fedora install on. Of course, naturally, since...