Windows 10: Winows 10 / Wordperfect X4

Discus and support Winows 10 / Wordperfect X4 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mods--I posted this question in another thread that was several years old. i got a notification to that effect and a suggestion to start an new thread.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DWFII, Sep 26, 2019.

1. DWFII Win User

Winows 10 / Wordperfect X4

Mods--I posted this question in another thread that was several years old. i got a notification to that effect and a suggestion to start an new thread. So...

I am upgrading my computer hardware and am thinking about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I resisted upgrading to Win 10 specifically because I had numerous 'legacy' programs that scuttlebutt (Corel forums) said wouldn't work with 10.

One of the most important (to me) is WordPerfect X4. Yes, i know..."get a newer version." But this is not an option for financial reasons, alone (and i hate having to purchase new versions of perfectly functioning software every time Windows puts out a new iteration. More importantly, I have a number of macros that I sweated over and I don't know if they will work with a newer version (last time I upgraded WP they had to be re-coded, IIRC). I could easily switch to Libre Office or almost any other word processor (except Microsoft) but for the macros.

I've seen posts all over the internet that say if you upgrade to 10 from 7 that WP and other Corel programs such as Draw, Paint and Ventura 10 will work fine. And then I've seen posts that say they won't work properly. (And they won't install at all on a clean Win 10 install.)

Can someone give me a definitive answer?

:)

DWFII, Sep 26, 2019

2. Unable to open wordperfect files

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall WordPerfect x7and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    WordPerfect x7:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for WordPerfect x7and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Unable to open wordperfect files

This advice is Okay for WordPerfect x7, but I currently use WordPerfect12 and would just like to verify whether these directions would ALSO APPLY. What does uninstalling do to hundreds of WordPerfect files that I have accumulated during a lifelong use of
    WordPerfect starting in a Commodore PC 10 computer.

I am 75 yrs old with a long use of computers, but a very limited knowledge of computer theory and without help the obstructions that Windows 10 have placed on my continued use may be too much to accept.

Alpha Numero Etc, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Winows 10 / Wordperfect X4

Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard "Macro Key Not Assigned" / Stuck on Auto

Hi Jamie,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download the latest driver for your keyboard. Here is the
    link.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Winows 10 / Wordperfect X4

1. Winows 10 / Wordperfect X4 - Similar Threads - Winows Wordperfect

2. Why does touchpad limit the zoom in or out on winows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does touchpad limit the zoom in or out on winows 11?: When you zoom in or out on the touchpad, it stops zooming in or out and zooms back in slightly. this animation looks similar to when you reach the end of a web page on a iPhone and it scrolls back up but this time it is zoom. i have no idea why this is happening and it is...
  3. Why does touchpad limit the zoom in or out on winows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does touchpad limit the zoom in or out on winows 11?: When you zoom in or out on the touchpad, it stops zooming in or out and zooms back in slightly. this animation looks similar to when you reach the end of a web page on a iPhone and it scrolls back up but this time it is zoom. i have no idea why this is happening and it is...
  4. Hi, i have a problem with a backup of my PC under winows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, i have a problem with a backup of my PC under winows 10: Hi, i have a problem when i make a backup of my Windows 10 Professional. Thus when i make a system image on an external USB disk.And i have a blue screen with the problem towards the end of the backup. Here is a screenshot in attached file.The error message is : "ATTEMPTED...
  5. Hi, i have a problem with a backup of my PC under winows 10

Hi, i have a problem with a backup of my PC under winows 10: Hi, i have a problem when i make a backup of my Windows 10 Professional. Thus when i make a system image on an external USB disk.And i have a blue screen with the problem towards the end of the backup. Here is a screenshot in attached file.The error message is : "ATTEMPTED...
  6. Hi, i have a problem with a backup of my PC under winows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.: Windows 10 not able to boot,after automatic repair noting happen,windows failed to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winows-does-not-boot-and-showing-automatic-repair/61cea1ff-500e-4214-b032-410d3822aadc
  8. Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.

Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.: Windows 10 not able to boot,after automatic repair noting happen,windows failed to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winows-does-not-boot-and-showing-automatic-repair/61cea1ff-500e-4214-b032-410d3822aadc
  9. Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. I still can't activate Winows 10 after a month!

I still can't activate Winows 10 after a month!: Folks, if ANYONE can assist, i couldn't be more grateful. I've now spent close to 19 phone hours Not a joke with tech support, and they just keep disconnecting my call after transferring me. I've even been transferred to BILLING! I simply need a tier 2 technician to remote...