Windows 10: WinPatrol Plus - Programs Accept or Reject window

Discus and support WinPatrol Plus - Programs Accept or Reject window in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am a die hard in not wanting to stop using the WinPatrol Plus program that I know has been idle since at least Oct 1917. I have a problem that seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jbresn, Jun 17, 2019.

1. jbresn Win User

WinPatrol Plus - Programs Accept or Reject window

I am a die hard in not wanting to stop using the WinPatrol Plus program that I know has been idle since at least Oct 1917.
    I have a problem that seems to have cropped up since updating Windows 10 Pro to the 1903 version.

Seems that WinPatrol sees from somewhere that there is a program called "MSASCuil.exe" and WinPatrol keeps wanting to open a window that basically says it see that program wanting to be added to the Startup Menu. The asks in the window for me to either Accept or Reject the program.

Any old time WinPatrol Gurus around who may have knowledge on using WinPatrol? I am trying to figure where WinPatrol gets the information on "MSASCuiL.EXE". I have already looked with Regedit and nothing is there. I already looked on all hard drives, to include hidden folders and nothing shows.

Am I missing a database somewhere that keeps a listing of stuff that was installed for startup and WinPatrol is grasping the "MSASCuiL" name from?

:)

jbresn, Jun 17, 2019

2. winpatrol plus 50% off today

I've been using winpatrol (free) for the last couple of years. BitsDuJour is running a promo today... you can buy winpatrol plus at half price. Just go to the regular winpatrol website, buy, e.g. family unlimited PCs, and enter the coupon "bits" to get 50% off.

So today I just upgraded from the free edition to the family-install-on-all-your-machines PLUS edition for $25.

Footnote
    I am not affiliated with winpatrol in any way, just passing on the offer so you can also save $ for other things.

Completely Bonkers, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Error message - BitDefender Threat Scanner

Hi again. It was WinPatrol Plus that I was suggesting although there is a (limited use) Hidden Files tab in WinPatrol free.

I suggest that your next step is to contact Bitdefender per my very first post above. Cheers

Taffy087, Jun 17, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

WinPatrol Replacement?

Sadly WinPatrol seems to be "abandonware" as it hasn't been updated for quite a while. The web site says he is working on an update but that's been a couple years ago. Comments on the WinPatrol FB page suggest it may never be updated again. Any other program that does what WinPatrol does? It still works but there are questions on how well it works. It doesn't "play well" with Macrium Reflect for one as there is no way to tell WinPatrol to ignore the Macrium Reflect startup apps and thus there are popup messages at every boot of Win 10. It used to be you could tell WinPatrol to ignore a startup (for example) and from that point on WinPatrol would not flag that programs startup.

fireberd, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

1. WinPatrol Plus - Programs Accept or Reject window - Similar Threads - WinPatrol Plus Programs

2. desk top D-Drive rejects a new program disk that my lap top will accept

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desk top D-Drive rejects a new program disk that my lap top will accept: I am a first time user and obviously a little slow but I asked a question and received an email that tells me that my question 'desk top D-Drive rejects a new program disk that my lap top will accept'. in Microsoft Community". has been replied to, so went to Microsoft...
  3. desk top D-Drive rejects a new program disk that my lap top will accept.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    desk top D-Drive rejects a new program disk that my lap top will accept.: what might be a possible reason for my desk top D-Drive to reject a new program disk that my lap top will accept?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-d-drive-rejects-a-new-program-disk-that/14f83451-ad93-43d6-8d63-c27507e70e81
  4. Replacement for WinPatrol?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacement for WinPatrol?: WinPatrol hasn't been updated for several years and from comments on the FaceBook page it appears to be "abandonware". Its too bad it was a good and useful utility. THIS is the link to the old site. Any suggestions for a similar program? 155929
  5. Make a program acceptable to Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Make a program acceptable to Defender: I cannot get MyBackupPC to install properly. I need to know how to put it on an exception list so that Defender knows it can let it install properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/make-a-program-acceptable-to-defender/d5f9027a-ef48-49f3-b344-f32409d77c15
  6. Windows 10 pro, pc rebooted into safe mode and accepts password the rejects it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro, pc rebooted into safe mode and accepts password the rejects it.: Rebooted pc to remove ATI drivers before new driver install. But for some unknown reason windows accepts password only to rejected it a few seconds later. Unable to get into command prompt or anything that requires admin access. Unable to activate admin login, due to...
  7. WinPatrol Replacement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinPatrol Replacement?: Sadly WinPatrol seems to be "abandonware" as it hasn't been updated for quite a while. The web site says he is working on an update but that's been a couple years ago. Comments on the WinPatrol FB page suggest it may never be updated again. Any other program that does what...
  8. Windows refuses to accept new default programs.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows refuses to accept new default programs.: I don't seem to be able to set new default programs on Windows 10 Pro v1803. I have tried the following methods for setting a new default program: 1. Right click on .pdf file > Open With > Choose another app > Always use this app to open .pdf files. The file will open...
  9. Is there a setting to force Windows Explorer to prompt me to Accept or Reject when I do...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a setting to force Windows Explorer to prompt me to Accept or Reject when I do...: Intro It has happened to me that when I am moving the cursor in Windows Explorer, I accidently move a file or folder to another location without noticing. Weeks later, when I need that file, I don't find it in its usual location. I search for it and maybe I don't find it...
  10. Announcing new Surface Plus Program

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing new Surface Plus Program: Announcing Surface Plus and Surface Plus for Business, available for customers and businesses exclusively at U.S. Microsoft Stores and online at Microsoft.com. Surface is designed to help people better create, collaborate, learn, and get things done. Beginning today at...